Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

Doing the job I do, I work with "celebs" most days, some TV personalities I work with every day of the week. 

Some are lovely, others are absolute d**ks.

Whilst I won't name any names, I will say that later today I'm going off to work with David Hasselhoff... I'll report back to let you know how it goes.

Edit: Oh, and I did nearly pass up the job because it'll mean I'm going to miss the game...  :ph34r:

Edited by RoboFox

Not many big names is there. Morrissey is still the stand out.

People listing Leicester City players, I'm pretty sure 99% of this forum have met our players.

People have mentioned meeting Bill Clinton, Margaret Thatcher, Brad Pitt, Floyd Mayweather, The Beckhams, Matt Damon, Matt Le Blanc, Mila Kunis, Kenneth Brannagh, Madonna, Maradona, and Paul Chuckle, and you say Morrissey is the stand out name. lol Really?

I'm kind of pulling your leg a little because I know it's subjective, and you're clearly a fan, but in reality he's not more stand out than most of those listed above and arguably less stand out than some. He's certainly not a name that jumped out the page and made me think wow.

Met Ian Wright at MGM Studios, Disney World summer 97. He was with his family including Bradley. Got my wife to stalk him while I was buying a Disney World postcard for Ian to sign. He autographed it and appreciated my comments about his form for England. Nice guy and no one else in the middle of the Disney park had any idea who he was. Also got Marc Overmars autograph when we ended up staying in the same Marriott hotel when Barcelona were in England for preseason friendly. Actually has a Barcelona shirt with me and Overmars signed the FCB shirt

Whats famous..???.

One can get bored, but one is returned, with smiling faces and often delight when small amusing mishaps happen,with all these people asking for ones autograph, but its the groupies that make it dangerous but exciting...

No matter what the A.graph-hunters or groupies chase down, NO is a difficult word to play around with.

Stefan Oakes in Leicester Royal when he broke his leg. I was in the next bed with a smashed ankle. Still remember the poor lad after the consultant looked at his X-Rays and said he ought to think about a new career.

Edited by ARM1968

My favourite will always be when I met the great Arthur Rowley. I met him when he was manager of Southend United. My parents had moved to Southend for a while when I was in my early-mid teens. I was wearing a Leicester City shirt playing football with some mates in a park. I didn't really take much notice of a group of men training over the other side of the park. It turned out to be Arthur Rowley training the Southend United squad. He spotted my LCFC shirt and the great man came over and asked me if I was a Leicester supporter. We then spent about 30 minutes talking about Leicester City leaving his Southend United players to run around the field by themselves. My mates were amazed, all being Southend United fans that he actually took the time to come over to talk to me. A really lovely bloke too, I wish I'd seen him play, but I was only 2 when he left the club! I think he enjoyed talking about Leicester City as much as I did and there was no doubt in my mind he loved both playing and supporting the club.

• Like 3

Met Mayday Parade in the toilets of Nandos Norwich, top lads, held the door open for me.

Couldn't actually take a piss due to being star struck though so I was stood awkwardly trying to piss for ages.

Met Andy King & Craig King, both lovely down to earth people.

Sat next to a bunch of sven era first teamers during a youth game, didn't actually notice until they went down the tunnel at half time.

Edited by TheUltimateWinner

Early 2000s i got to meet the city squad but i was just a kid. I work at the enderby toby carvery (the foxhunter to most) we used to get a few of the tigers players regularly, but since then Conrad Logan has been in and as recently as Thursday, I met andrej kramaric. Noel Edmonds and ross noble have also visited whilst I was working.

Pete Tong back in around 2006 I was on the first Easyjet flight from Stansted to Ibiza he sat in the row across with me with who im guessing was his bird, he was one miserable ugly ****, was really into my Music back then and tried to strike up a conversation, he  ignored me then sat with his laptop and headphones on for the rest of the flight. 

It was 6am so I will give him a pass still seems like a willy puller though

Met Liam from One Direction at Universal Studios the year I got married in Florida on the first day. Also met Wrestler Jeff Hardy and various other wrestlers on the same night.

Saw a lot of the ex-city lads like Walshy, Matty Elliott and Marsh when at games the year we won the Championship among the Prawn Sandwich Brigade. Met Peter Schmeichel outside the KP after a game - clearly didnt want to stop for pictures but got mobbed!

Walshy and Muzzy came into my old work to get prices for kit and equipment when they started to set up one of their soccer academies. Had a visit once from GTF to buy kit for his lads side. Used to see Julian Joachim in the bookies up Netherhall most weekends as well. 

Stefan Oakes in Leicester Royal when he broke his leg. I was in the next bed with a smashed ankle. Still remember the poor lad after the consultant looked at his X-Rays and said he ought to think about a new career.

His X-Rays showed no damage I assume

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Russell Brand on Alcatraz Island

P Diddy in Ibiza

Jamie Foxx and Eva Longoria in Miami

Vic and Bob at Wembley

Prince Harry and the whole England Rugby team at an after match team dinner.

Boy George in town (no not a gay club).

Darth Vader.

Grot Baggs and Tommy Mallet, I was never happier than when I met them ha.

Footballers etc I'm not going to bother with!

Had a piss next to Ronnie Corbett once.

I had a piss next to Michael Johnson (runner, not fat Mancunian).

I had a piss next to Jack Nicklaus in a portaloo next to the 6th tee at the Open championship at Royal Troon in 1989.

Maybe we should start a 'I had a piss next to...' thread lol