Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

Il take this opportunity to tell a story. My social circle has a lot of people in the music industry (the American one anyways), I met Ronaldo de Lima after the concert of a certain musician that had an after party at his place. As he is my childhood idol, i ran up to him and automatically hugged this huge teddy bear of a man. 

I once got a lift home in Russell Hoult's Mini Metro after training at Belvoir Drive.

Also shared a hospital ward with a 16 year old Emile Heskey, David Nish was in there and he was telling my Dad what a star big Emile was going to be.

And I was lucky enough to have a personal tour of Filbert Street with the legendary Jack Curtis when I was mascot for the day, scored a peno at the Kop end!

Serge - Various Queens Road

Tom - Sang with!

Chris - Party

Of Kasabian

Birch _ Partys + various

Youngy _ Grannys

Henderson _ Grannys

Walsh _ Plenty

Tom WIlliams - Grannys

Matt Elliot - Party

Muzzy - Party

Eddie Kelly _ Teviners (Sp)

Franky Wortho as above

(Kelly arrived at Leicester and FW was on his way out both staying at H/I)

Andy Lockhead- Delivered meat too.

Wayne Lineker- Lots but private!

Paul Weller _ Cool as

Noel Gallagher _ Didnt recognize but when did short and I stared at his eyebrows

Jerry Hall _Tall

Kelly Jones -Very short

David Caulthaud - Very Scoittish and minted

All in box with at RAH

Tommy Cooper - Hammered in the afternoon

Gary Glitters room but he wasn't there! Band on the Run on his cassette player

.............Stop there feeling old

Met Graham Souness at St Pancreas one time. 

I was 17 and went up to him and asked him if he was Graham Souness and he said in quite a scottish accent " noo, im noot, son"

Not sure what his point was of denying it... when i was speaking to him i noticed his red and white tie had the name ' Liverpool' on it and had a liver bird lapel pin badge on it...

40 minutes ago, The Floyd said:

Met Nigel Pearson when I was walking home from school/sixth form when he was at Hull which was a bit weird. Really nice man though and was more than happy to stop and have a conversation. 

I met NP at a motorway service station. We sat and chatted for about 30 minutes and he was great. He even promised to get my friend a ticket for the next away game (which he did!)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brisfox said:

I met NP at a motorway service station. We sat and chatted for about 30 minutes and he was great. He even promised to get my friend a ticket for the next away game (which he did!)

And the way that some on here think he's not human and is a disgrace etc, this does show he's actually alright..

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, brisfox said:

He seems to be far from the person that the media (amongst others) portray him to be!

• Like 2

Les Ferdinand in the school playground, as he was collecting his daughter. Nice guy.

Wayne Lineker. I believe that I played against him when he play for Mountsorrel Rangers in the Sunday League.

Vialli and Alan Young after last season's game against Everton. Youngie was on crutches. I said that he was my hero, and he replied 'Aay son, it was a long time ago'.

John Elsom before last season's game against Everton. I asked him about the decision to recruit O'Neill instead of Walker.

Played against Jimmy Hill's son, Jamie, whilst at school.

Steve Walsh, Craig Shakespeare, Milan Mandaric, Barry Fry and Nigel Pearson after the Posh game in League One, when we won 2-1. Craig Mackail-Smith was nearby. I asked Pearson whether he was going to sign him, he replied 'naah'.

Gary Newbon at the Saffron Lane Sports Centre in the late seventies. Always thought he was a Wolves fan, but it seems he follows the Foxes.

Paul Ramsey a couple of years ago when he was playing for the veterans. Asked him what he was doing now - runs a catering business. Reminded him that his runs towards the bye line were great but the crosses were poor!

Worked at a Bank where Terry Curran (ex Sheff Utd/ Southampton) was a customer.

Edited by 49er

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 21:56, Scaramanga! said:

It was Stefan Oakes' dad Trev.

He (Trev) played for a Sunday League side whose home games were at Vicky Park, same place as the team I played for so used to see him quite often.

Edited by 49er

Barry McGuigan and Dennis Taylor at conferences...Barry is absolutely tiny but his handshake was like being gripped by a vice, Taylor is exceptionally funny.

Geoff Capes and dambusters actor Richard Todd, absolutely lovely gentleman Richard Todd was.

Alan Dedicoat voice of strictly/national lottery.

Met Emmerdale's Eric Pollard - Chris Chittell in Safeway (remember those!?) in the early nineties.

Met Shaun Goater a few weeks ago, really nice guy.

And best of all The Birch at the old Filbert Street club shop in the mid 90s, dad had to explain to me what a legend he was (Is!). He was just hanging around behind the counter having a laugh.

Ok my list...

met Muzzy Izzet as he was the patron of wishes 4 kids and he came to see us off when me and a group went off to do the three peaks... nice guy

i watched the 1990 World Cup semi at John Elsom's house as I went to school with his son

held the door open for Peter Shilton at the Loughborough branch of Lloyds bank - he said 'thanks" to me :-)

slept at Don Brennan's house in Essex as my cousin was going out with his daughter...  he drove me (half cut) to a party in Colchester!!!

Played foootball (a kick about) v one Emile Heskeys brothers...  he wasn't that good (jumpers for goal posts)

oh... the things I've seen.... Oh... the people I've mixed with!!!

Paul Weller in Selfridges London in the bargain section. I wanted to give him space, but my mate went up and engaged him in chit chat. Weller was very polite, a bit quiet, but respectful. 

David Hemery, 68 olympics gold medal, got sat next to him in late 90's at a dinner, again very humble and polite, decent bloke.

The Queen, went to buy some tickets at Leicester Railway Station about two minutes before security closed the station for her jubilee visit. So I hung around, her train was late, but when she arrived walked past me, three feet away, I gave her a nod, but she ignored me! Mind you most women do, so wasn't offended! 

• Like 1

Met mahrez in tesco last year nice guy, shocked no one else approached him. Met Vardy few years ago too outside general hospital wasn't best pleased as his wife was in labour but did have a pic taken with me which somehow I managed to delete lol.

Met a few down the years but only one makes a half interesting story.

I was Training for one of those white collar boxing things and i got to spar with Leicesters own Rendall Munroe. He took it really easy then bashed me up a bit in the last 10 seconds of the round. It was fantastic to share a ring with him though as he was a bit of a hero of mine and a borderline world class fighter. he comes across as a humble genuine salt of the earth type fella on Tele and he didn't dissapoint in the flesh he was absolute gent chatted to me for about 10 minutes after even gave me a bit of advice for my upcoming fight.

7 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Met mahrez in tesco last year nice guy, shocked no one else approached him. Met Vardy few years ago too outside general hospital wasn't best pleased as his wife was in labour but did have a pic taken with me which somehow I managed to delete lol.

Maybe I'm just old and don't get it, but would i bollocks be approaching someone i didn't know personally for a photo outside a hospital. I know they are in the public eye etc but no one wants to be hassled entering or leaving a hospital.

• Like 2