Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

Was going through Thurlaston on a large ride-on mower.  Driving up the hill past The Dog & Gun (Poachers, or whatever it's called now) & there's 2 blokes sat on the front.  As I passed them, I gave them a 'how do' nod.  Only one of them nodded back.  It was Merv Hughes.

Quickly pulled over & went to say hello, a bit scared as I thought he might be a right misery.  He couldn't have been any friendlier & even offered to get me a pint.  A giant of a man.

A few people over the years.

A few MPs including David Cameron - taller than you think.  Yvette Cooper came across well, appeared to be interested when you spoke to her, unlike Cameron.

Christine Blakely - hot

What's her name Jones from "The One Show" - fit as

Rachel Riley - absolutely stunning in real life and she asked me out on a date (well invited me onto Countdown).  My missus dragged me away before I could get her number.

Howard Webb the ref - really nice guy.

The girl from Blue Peter that rowed down the Amazon - really nice girl.

Katie Piper - the model that was victim of an acid attack - nice girl but was drunk and hitting on my mate a bit.  Nothing happened.

I once saw Peter Taylor on his morning jog in Oakham on my way to Sunday morning footy.

JayKay from Jamiroquia pushed me out of the way of a van that was about to run me over at the British Grand Prix around 96/97.  He was drinking from a glass of whisky at the time, clearly drunk.

On the subject of F1, I have chatted with David Coulthard and Mika Salo - both nice guys

I was drinking one night in Manchester and Huey from the Fun Lovin Criminals walked past the bar we were in.  We rushed out, shook him by the hand - he was really cool.

My mate was best man at Ben Cohen's (England Rugby player) wedding a few years ago.

Rachel Riley and Alex Jones, I need to start hanging out with you lol

Do you know mollie king or jennifer aniston as well. :ph34r:

Met Ray Reardon (snooker player) he was after dinner speaker at a golf do. Full of his own importance, his jovial public persona is totally false.

Met the late great Brian Clough, really smashing guy & just as you saw him on tv etc. genuine & calls a spade a spade!

Met Tommy Docherty, surprisingly very softly spoken fella, nice guy.

Met Roy McFarland at East Midlands Airport, seemed to be a very modest guy with a friendly attitude.

I was at Heathrow Airport & on my way to Tanzania when I saw this athletic looking black guy. He had a board with a persons name on it, so he was obviously waiting to collect passengers. I went over to him & politely said, "Excuse me  I know you but can't remember your name. Are you a professional footballer?

He replied that he was but now retired. I asked him his first name & he said that if he told me that, I would remember his surname & sure enough I did. He was a damned good player & I think he spent most of his career at Watford.

His first name is Luther & his surname is..............................Blissett.  A really friendly & pleasant guy.  Wonder what he is doing now?

Read Frank Worthington's electric meter

Shook hands with Gordon Banks when he had some connection to Swithland motors

Drove Bjorn Ulvaeus and his 2nd. wife to/from Henley regatta when working for a Swedish millionaire as Gardener/Chauffeur. Invited me in for a drink;

Drove Dennis Taylor to/ from dinner with another employer in Jersey; smashing bloke; picked him up at hotel, introduced himself as Dennis and sat in the front of the car; very chatty.

Used to work for the first husband of that woman who was the first to win "millionaire" - Judith Keppel?

Been given a lift by Derek Warwick along Jersey's back lanes at an obscene speed

Lenny Glover came to give a couple of coaching sessions when I played for Wadkin in the City League 

30 years ago, nearly killed Romeo Challenger when he ran in front of my car in Lea Circle - my braking reaction was a bit quicker in those days!

Stood on the corner of Charles st, about 1960 to wave as Princess Margaret drove by - she never waved back!

My wife spilled soup down Terence Conran's trousers

Had a piss next to John Greig (Rangers & Scotland) in a Jersey restaurant & next to Bob Wilson at Wembley

Held a shop door open for Kenny Lynch - and yes, he did say "Thank You"

Sat next to Sky weatherman, Francis Wilson on a plane

Was once flanked at the latrines by Noddy Holder and Terry Christian.

Did a DJ set in Ibiza alongside Stewart Downing.

Spent two weeks with the Leicestershire cricket squad in South Africa in 1996 and it involved plenty of drinking.

Was kissed on the cheek this summer by Dean Gaffney. (Top bloke by the way.)

Went to play school, junior school, high school etc with the current drummer in the Fun Lovin Criminals. (Last time I saw him he was having his car cleaned at Tesco in South Wigston.)

Sat on a bed at the Holiday Inn when I was 16 with the girls from Fuzzbox.

Hung out a few times with Judge Jules.

Gave Nigel Pearson a lift back from Birmingham just after we won the Championship. 45 minutes, just me and him, non stop football chat, a very enjoyable journey.

Met the muse guys back in the Charlotte in 99. My band at the time supported that night.

Had a long conversation with Stan collymore when he was at forest, he came to play in a reserve game at city and my dad was forth official. Sat and spoke for 5 minutes.

My uncle and I met Steve Walsh outside Putts in Loughborough (is that still there?!) I was quite a bit younger then and didn't realize how much of a legend he actually was.

A couple of years back I 'saw' my ultimate City legend Muzzy Izzett at the Strawberry Fields Festival on my wife's family farm in Heather, but I couldn't bring myself to go up to him. Then I finds out later on from my wife's mum that he was just sitting in the kitchen of the farmhouse for a while afterwards drinking a cup of tea... and she didn't think to tell me!!

City players I've met since I was 10 and started supporting the foxes.

Spencer Prior

Mike Whitlow

Steve Walsh

Neil Lennon

Muzzy Izzet

Emile Heskey

Mattu Fryatt

Rab Douglas

Jeff Schlupp

David Nugent

Andy King

Also literally walked past Christian Fuchs in the Highcross a few weeks ago.

Meeting Nigel Farage next month.

Some of my sixth formers are making a documentary about immigration and wrote to various politicians. He was one of the few to reply - has even paid for their train tickets.

I'm not the guys biggest fan by any stretch but good on him for that.

*it should be noted that two of the kids going to meet him are Polish!

Edited by Paddy.

Football related

Was very lucky to go to Brazil to watch the World Cup, seen loads of footballers whilst there but only plucked up the courage to speak to Stan the man and the moose from TalkSport....had loads of things In my head I wanted to say but all that come out my mouth was hat trick Vs Sunderland, got the feeling that this what every Leicester fan says to him

On the flight home we upgraded and sat next to Neil Lennon, had just left Celtic and was very honest about why he left.....just not a challenge anymore, he was a really guy and very knowledgeable, knew everything about every player at the WC

After we played Arsenal last season, spoke to Mahrez in Nandos (was wearing a Barca shirt by the way) I congratulated him on how well he had played that day and all he did was point at his mate and say Drinkwater (he wasn't) funny really

Rugby related

Met Martin Johnson a few times.....most boring person you could ever meet....not arrogant just very very serious

Was on holiday in Queenstown and decided to go White water rafting and sat next to the All Blacks player Conrad Smith....I've never seen anyone look so good in a wetsuit

Football related

Was very lucky to go to Brazil to watch the World Cup, seen loads of footballers whilst there but only plucked up the courage to speak to Stan the man and the moose from TalkSport....had loads of things In my head I wanted to say but all that come out my mouth was hat trick Vs Sunderland, got the feeling that this what every Leicester fan says to him

On the flight home we upgraded and sat next to Neil Lennon, had just left Celtic and was very honest about why he left.....just not a challenge anymore, he was a really guy and very knowledgeable, knew everything about every player at the WC

After we played Arsenal last season, spoke to Mahrez in Nandos (was wearing a Barca shirt by the way) I congratulated him on how well he had played that day and all he did was point at his mate and say Drinkwater (he wasn't) funny really

Rugby related

Met Martin Johnson a few times.....most boring person you could ever meet....not arrogant just very very serious

Was on holiday in Queenstown and decided to go White water rafting and sat next to the All Blacks player Conrad Smith....I've never seen anyone look so good in a wetsuit

I used to be a member at the Meridian David Lloyd gym back in the mid/late 90's. Once shared a sauna with Lennon for about 15 mins on a Tuesday afternoon and he was brilliant to talk to - top bloke and really genuine.

The Tigers players also used the gym and one day, Martin Johnson, Neil Back, Austin Healy, Graham Rowntree etc. were all there. Johnson was really tall, Neil Back had calf muscles like breeze blocks and Austin Healy spent ages just posing in front of the mirrors. And Graham Rowntree was just covered head to toe in bruises.

Rachel Riley and Alex Jones, I need to start hanging out with you lol

Do you know mollie king or jennifer aniston as well. :ph34r:

Mollie King? Is she the one from the Saturdays? Genuinely kissed her at freshers ball, well I say kissed.... I mean me and some friends blagged our way to the VIP area and we all got a sneaky peck as a hello from a drunk Mollie. Had champers with all the band and then casually ended up with the supporting band (ELLIOT MINOR) gigging in our student flat. God knows what happened in between those two events that night. I like to think....... But in reality it was probably all drunken ramblings and stumbling around. Haha.

Mollie King? Is she the one from the Saturdays? Genuinely kissed her at freshers ball, well I say kissed.... I mean me and some friends blagged our way to the VIP area and we all got a sneaky peck as a hello from a drunk Mollie. Had champers with all the band and then casually ended up with the supporting band (ELLIOT MINOR) gigging in our student flat. God knows what happened in between those two events that night. I like to think....... But in reality it was probably all drunken ramblings and stumbling around. Haha.

That's the one. I would actually leave my wife for her.

Not fact. But I would consider my options.

• Like 2

meant Robbie Savage at Wembley, he was a lovely fella . 

meant Conrad Logan, Jon Rudkin and bunch of other players in Lan Kwai Fong, Hong Kong. Conrad was a top lad bought me a drink and told a bunch of girls that i also was a Leicester City player, yes i lived the dream for a night .

Edited by Vindaloo FOX
  • Like 1

I met Frank Worthington in a pub in Patcham near Brighton, he signed a £1 pound note for me! I also worked on the Royal It's a Knockout in the late 80's, loads of celebs on that but some stand out one's were Lineker who was a bit dull and arsey, but Meatloaf was ace as was Tom Jones. Spoke to the Queen once, made me feel very special, a reaction i hadn't anticipated. I also had dinner with Phil Selway who's the drummer from Radiohead, lovely unassuming guy, hes a friend of a friend. I met the rest of the band backstage at a gig in Berlin. 

I saw the lad from My Parents Are Aliens at the top of the outside rapids at the Sherwood Forest Centre Parcs many, many years ago. My cousin who was with me turned to him and said, "My parents are aliens too". Needless to say he didn't look impressed. On a separate occasion there I saw Martin Keown (I think it was around the time he played for us).

Two weeks ago I was driving back from work down Ayelstone Rd and going in the opposite direction I saw Andy King, Ben Hamer giving Drinkwater a lift, Craig Shakespeare and then just before the BP garage I flashed a car to go and it was Okazaki. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up (made my day). I think I saw him wandering around on New Walk last week too.

Nugent was at the till next to me in Sainsburys once. His shopping looked better than mine, not a basic range product in sight.

• Like 1

I used to be a member at the Meridian David Lloyd gym back in the mid/late 90's. Once shared a sauna with Lennon for about 15 mins on a Tuesday afternoon and he was brilliant to talk to - top bloke and really genuine.

The Tigers players also used the gym and one day, Martin Johnson, Neil Back, Austin Healy, Graham Rowntree etc. were all there. Johnson was really tall, Neil Back had calf muscles like breeze blocks and Austin Healy spent ages just posing in front of the mirrors. And Graham Rowntree was just covered head to toe in bruises.

lol

We must be a similar age.

So was I, in the late 90's and shared the jacuzzi with Neil Back, Martin Johnson and Austin Healey who had just finished training for the Tigers.

I couldn't get over the size of them (muscles.....ok). Johnson was a giant and Healey had a super ass on him.. lol

Just genuine guys..had a chat then I got out due to feeling very physically inferior.

• Like 1

lol

We must be a similar age.

So was I, in the late 90's and shared the jacuzzi with Neil Back, Martin Johnson and Austin Healey who had just finished training for the Tigers.

I couldn't get over the size of them (muscles.....ok). Johnson was a giant and Healey had a super ass on him.. lol

Just genuine guys..had a chat then I got out due to feeling very physically inferior.

lol  lol  lol

I remember going racing about 30 years ago and my mate knew Willie Thorne and so we met him often. Arrogant, looked down at you and not the nicest person I had ever met. Too big for his boots, quite unpleasant and wouldn't even pass the time of day with you.

Interesting reading lately that he recently borrowed £250k from various friends and blew it gambling.

Even more recently he tweeted having just had a stroke "those who say they will be there for you, are usually the first to disappear"

Make your own opinions