Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

I remember going racing about 30 years ago and my mate knew Willie Thorne and so we met him often. Arrogant, looked down at you and not the nicest person I had ever met. Too big for his boots, quite unpleasant and wouldn't even pass the time of day with you.

Interesting reading lately that he recently borrowed £250k from various friends and blew it gambling.

Even more recently he tweeted having just had a stroke "those who say they will be there for you, are usually the first to disappear"

Make your own opinions

Had quite a crap year to be fair.

Bankrupt and diagnosed with cancer.

Met Matt Elliot and Muzzy Izzet after a game once. Spoke to them for quite a while outside the ground. Both such great guys. They loved talking about theor era at city and how the spirit in the camp was so good.

Also know our very own Gary, his parents used to work on the same market as my grandparents. So they knew the family quite well. And met kingy a few times as a friend of mine is related to him in some way. All really sound people who are all so down to earth.

Had a go at Dennis Wise in Leeds,

That was great.

Full account of what happened is on here somewhere, although I was absloutley twatted when I wrote it.

Aside from that plenty of people but Phil Brown was the best, blokes a legend. Ratted in a Ashby night club trying to snake anything over 35 that moved.

I remember going racing about 30 years ago and my mate knew Willie Thorne and so we met him often. Arrogant, looked down at you and not the nicest person I had ever met. Too big for his boots, quite unpleasant and wouldn't even pass the time of day with you.

Met him a few times in recent years and he's been good as gold. Maybe time has mellowed him.

I used to run a store in Chiswick, London. Once we had to move a photo booth as part of a store re-lay. Was not aware Vanessa Redgrave was sitting in it at the time. She was not happy.

Met Goldie (friendly), Mike Tyson's wife (gorgeous), John Thaw (not a cheerful chap) and Robert Lindsay all while working there.

Nicest was Moira Stuart - lovely lady.

A friend of mine ran a store in the same chain a few miles away. He was rung up before Easter one year by someone claiming to be one of Jennifer Aniston's aides and asking if he could close his store for half an hour to the general public between 9 and 9.30 so that Jennifer could do some private Easter egg shopping. He said yes and a Jennifer Aniston look-a-like with a burly security guard wandered around selecting eggs and her hanger's-on put them into a limo for her. He and the staff were completely taken in and provided much entertainment for the local radio station who had set up the whole thing and replayed the funniest parts on the radio throughout the day. He was the butt of jokes for months afterwards  

Edited by safetosurfthisbeach

Chris Kamara at the M1 services, was in a rush though.

Lee Peltier & St.Ledger, pelt was arrogant, SL was great, had a good chat and very friendly.

Jimmy Carr at the Royal, he was visiting a friend before a gig at DMH apparently. I asked him for a quick photo, and he said he'll take a selfie, then wished me a speedy recovery.

Andy Goode - c*ck

Half set from Towie at Hilton Birmingham, all but the nan are such tw*ts,they got threatened to be removed at the bar quite late for being too loud, playing piano like a child ect.

Met comedian Paul Foot on Friday in the cookie. Quite a nice bloke

• 1 month later...

Mike whitlow many many times, also he gave me his training jumper at Hillsborough cup final replay.

Mark Selby many many times at school.

Mark Morrison v cov at home gave me and my mate £20 and 2 tickets for the game.

Steve beat on when my mum played county darts.

Jamie vardy after his first season in soar point had a photo asked if he was staying or leaving said he wanted to stay very nice lad

Edited by tylesta

City players I've met since I was 10 and started supporting the foxes.

Spencer Prior

Mike Whitlow

Steve Walsh

Neil Lennon

Muzzy Izzet

Emile Heskey

Mattu Fryatt

Rab Douglas

Jeff Schlupp

David Nugent

Andy King

Also literally walked past Christian Fuchs in the Highcross a few weeks ago.

spoke to Fuchs in the globe top bloke

I used to work at a hotel where the England team stayed (on the bar)

Danny Ings hands down the nicest bloke you'll meet

Ross Barkley though, what a d*ck. Same can be said for Mr Baines

Jim Davidsons a bit of a d*ck too, as you can imagine

Got a tip of Jermaine Defoe's Mrs too, £30, so not all bad

I saw the lad from My Parents Are Aliens at the top of the outside rapids at the Sherwood Forest Centre Parcs many, many years ago. My cousin who was with me turned to him and said, "My parents are aliens too". Needless to say he didn't look impressed.

Not sure why, but this has me in stitches