Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

4 hours ago, brisfox said:

I met Peter Taylor in an Indian diner in Oakham.He shares alot in common with Phil Taylor

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Which one? The Voujon closed recently, gutted.

I'm guessing he's talking about the crap ex Leicester manager.

The other one is dead.

Used to live next door to Dennis Rofe.  Very quiet & was lucky to get an "hello" out of him

Mike Stringfellow ran the newsagents near my high school

John O'Neill would have a kickabout with us on Croft park.  Top bloke.

Mark Wallington took football practice at my primary school.

Muzzy Izzet bought me a pint for my birthday down The Clarendon about 4 years ago.  Used to see him in there a lot, Walshie occasionally (usually pissed) & Martin Castrogiovanni sometimes.

One of my customers is an ex-captain of Leicester & an England international from the 70's.  It wouldn't be fair to name him, but a nice guy & very friendly.  Can have a decent conversation with him, but it's hardly ever football related.

Met the Liverpool team at Schiphol Airport - they were playing in some pre-season tournament against Ajax.  It was a stag do & we were all well on the way to pissed.  Heskey was there & Gerard Houllier seemed really friendly all things considered. 

Met Seasick Steve at Schiphol train station last year.  He was all on his own & I got a photo of him with the missus.  She didn't know who he was.

Edited by pSinatra

I've only met three City players Tommy Williams, Carl Jayes and Peter Shilton; the latter two let me help out at a training session at Belvoir Drive in 1972. The following year I sat behind Bobby Crush at Wembley as Shilts & Co were knocked out of the World Cup by Cloughs Clown and his mates. For anyone who doesn't know what I'm on about here's a couple of videos.

10 hours ago, cheshamfox17 said:

I met Emile Heskey once at anti-racism conference at Filbert Street, he signed my Match Magazine and was in a bit of a rush but was really cool. I met the Birch when my Dad's friend got us into a box for an FA Cup game against Bristol City, he was also lovely and signed copies of his book and chatted for a little while.

Just after Ranieri was appointed I walked past him near, ironically enough Leicester square in London, I wasn't sure that it was him but when I realised he had already walked a little far away so I shouted his name and he turned round and smiled. I met Robbie Savage after a BT Sport event, I knew he was gonna be there so I brought my 2000 Worthington Cup final program which he signed which was great.

I met Heskey at an A-league game in Sydney a couple of years ago. He was playing for Newcastle (Aus) and we are Western Sydney supporters, but at the end of the game when he was going to the away Newcastle fans, we called him over. Didn't think he would talk to us as we had the opposition team gear on, but he did, we told him we were from Leicester and we had a good chat.

He never went over to the Newcastle fans.. :-) Nice bloke..

Speak to Spider Kalac all the time (he's Western Sydneys goal keeper coach) - not that famous though... :-)

Edited by MadKaw

Bumped into David Haselhoff in London once. Got a photo with him.

In terms of football, I've met a few pundits at various games - Mark Lawrenson, Alan Smith, Dwight Yorke, Manish Bhasin.

As for City, I was a mascot when we were s***! lol So Rob Kelly was the manager at the time, met the entire squad. 

Other ex players - Steve Walsh, The Birch, Dion Dublin, Matt Elliot, Ian Marshall, Muzzy Izzet, David Nugent, Dennis Wise.

Current players - King, Amartey, Zieler, Okazaki, Ulloa, Simpson and Huth. 

Keen follower of cricket so regularly go to Grace Road. Was nice to meet players from the touring countries - India, Australia and West Indies come to mind. 

Tigers players are fairly common to bump into around Leicester. Seeing Manu Tuilagi in the club on a night out was a particular highlight! Top lad :beer:

Edited by TK95

I've met a couple of politicians too, Hilary Clinton once , she was obviously stupidly busy but stopped for a quick chat, I was wearing a leicester hat when I met her but unfortunately she did not ask about it.

I stood on the same escalator as David Cameron once, even from a distance he seemed smarmy and as a kid we went on a trip to the houses of parliament with school and David Blunkett was there, he seemed a little irked that all of us 7 year olds were more interested in his guide dog

12 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Some of you lot must have played Sunday leauge against Dion Dublin's brother down the years? He looks exactly like him and is absolutely lethal in the air, terrible on the deck though so it wasn't all bad news haha.

Not played against him, but must have booked him more than once!

Stood next to Graeme Cross in the toilets at Filbert Street - not the greatest claim I know.

Saw Martin Johnson in Toys R Us once - he is flickin HUGE.

Reffed a sunday game that Levi Porter played in - I didnt know until a week later when someone told me he played.

Gave up my seat in the Soar Bridge, Barrow for Mark Wallington - I was just leaving as he came in.

I've met Kevin Friend.  I wonder if he's related to anyone called Taylor.

Met Jock Wallace and got his autograph.  he said something to me - no idea what though.  It may have been english, it may not.

16 minutes ago, pleatout said:

Stood next to Graeme Cross in the toilets at Filbert Street - not the greatest claim I know.

Reffed a sunday game that Levi Porter played in - I didnt know until a week later when someone told me he played.

Gave up my seat in the Soar Bridge, Barrow for Mark Wallington - I was just leaving as he came in.

Met Jock Wallace and got his autograph.  he said something to me - no idea what though.  It may have been english, it may not.

I train at the same gym that he often trains in. Half the man he used to be in terms of size but he's a sound bloke.

Also met Knockaert, Chris Wood and Conrad Logan (ironically he was sat on the bench in the changing room) during our promotion season, at the gym too.

Met Chris Kamara, Graham Taylor and a few other pundits at Euro 2012.

Spoke to Tom and Serge on a few occasions when out and about too.

15 minutes ago, pleatout said:

lol yup all elbows seems a nice fella, Do you still ref now mate? Yeah i played Levi Porter once  dived for a penalty, that's some fall from grace playing regularly at one of the country's top sides to diving for a penalty against a pub side.

On 02/10/2015 at 20:22, Izzy Muzzett said:

Mark Selby lives in the same village as my parents. Apparently he mixes with the locals (although he's not home very much) and is a really genuine, down to earth nice bloke. We're lucky to have him as one of our own. World champion. Legend.

Used to see him down 147 alot before they moved near Rack n Roll, seemed alright.

I was at an exhibition at the NEC with work. Jimmy White was there being sponspored by some road salt company.

There was a full pool table and he was playing pool against anyone that wanted to. So I played a full game of pool against him... and I won!! I've even got the video to prove it!! 

Ive been living off this story for years in my local pool league 

matt heath - ok guy was wasted

muzzy izzet - was so drunk could barely talk

nuge and knockaert - lovely guys

saw tags posted up at the bar in matishe back in the day

some leicester youth player in ghost/manila/simpkins, think fox was his name - absolute bellend tried to start a fight 5 on 1

steve walsh - only spoke to him briefly, heard some stories - as we probably all have

lineker - mate met him and said he was not very nice, said he wasn't really a leicester fan (back when we were shit)

17 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Met a few down the years but only one makes a half interesting story.

I was Training for one of those white collar boxing things and i got to spar with Leicesters own Rendall Munroe. He took it really easy then bashed me up a bit in the last 10 seconds of the round. It was fantastic to share a ring with him though as he was a bit of a hero of mine and a borderline world class fighter. he comes across as a humble genuine salt of the earth type fella on Tele and he didn't dissapoint in the flesh he was absolute gent chatted to me for about 10 minutes after even gave me a bit of advice for my upcoming fight.

When I was a member of the gym near Abbey Park (now called Nuffield Health?) he used to come in quite often, seemed quite chatty and friendly. Fit as a fiddle too unsurprisingly.

On the subject of gyms, remember seeing Matt Mills in the 24 hour gym near John Lewis when he was at the club.

One of the funniest things I heard from an old Leicester City legend was when we were in a taxi in London and he told me of the time him and his brother in law were driving in the country and he ran over a deer. They got back home and started to have a few beers with the BBQ, so they decided to drive back and pick the deer up for the BBQ.

When they got there, it weighed a ton, took an eternity to put in the boot of the car, and they drove back with their booty.

Took it out the boot, round the back of the house and looked at it and wondered how best to deal with it.

After a few more beers and trying to work out what to do, they phoned a friend for advise, who told them that it would have needed to be cut up within the hour and so it was now dangerous to eat.

So they put the burgers on the BBQ instead, while wondering what to do with dead deer that was laying on the patio.

Safe to say, their wives were not impressed. 

I was laughing my nuts off when he told me. 

I had a drink with Bon Scott and Angus Young at a gig in Cardiff....... Before they hit the Big Time

Earl Slick when he was playing with Ian Hunter in place of Mick Ronson

Captain Sensible who left a note on a Beer Mat "Chico your round next time"

The Cult when my mate was Roadieing for them Ian Astbury was surrounded by woman but the rest of the band were a good laugh

IAMXs Chris Corner from the Sneaker Pimps........ Bit weird

Glen Matlock who was drinking in a bar where we were, didn't meet him though.

Some of you might be old enough to remember some of the names above but not all so ask your Dads  :thumbup:

• Like 2