Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

35,000+ people think Cambiasso was excellent for us. One doesn't lol

We shouldn't close the door on any age bracket if they have the right attitude and offer us something we need. Kanté, Mahrez and Vardy have been unbelievable but we won't get it that right every time. We'd have certainly been no weaker this season with Cambiasso in the squad

We shouldn't close the door on any age bracket if they have the right attitude and offer us something we need. Kanté, Mahrez and Vardy have been unbelievable but we won't get it that right every time. We'd have certainly been no weaker this season with Cambiasso in the squad

Col seems to be of the opinion that if they're not good enough for our first 11 then they're no good for us.

I still wish we'd kept Cambiasso purely because we'd see games our better if we brought him on with 10 minutes to go.

As I wrote earlier, this time last season, in the games Cambiasso started, we'd won less than five games all season. One of my mates at the weekend told me 2 (as in, we'd won just 2 games when he'd started') but even I couldn't believe that. Anyway, no matter. You and most of your pals think he was brilliant for us. I (and the stats) don't agree. And we never will.

To get back to the thread...is Jose Gaya still at Valencia?

Here is another one trying to prove he is blinkered.

No-ne wants to sign 'FORMER' greats at a high cost!

We all want to sign current or future greats at a good price.

There are people on here who should perhaps reduce the amount of 'herbs' they smoke on a Monday morning.

There's just no need for insults. I suspect we largely agree on this, that looking for hungry youth is probably the most progressive way.

As I wrote earlier, this time last season, in the games Cambiasso started, we'd won less than five games all season. One of my mates at the weekend told me 2 (as in, we'd won just 2 games when he'd started') but even I couldn't believe that. Anyway, no matter. You and most of your pals think he was brilliant for us. I (and the stats) don't agree. And we never will.

You can use your stats to manipulate your argument all you want Col but you're just embarrassing yourself to be quite honest mate. What players had decent games to point ratios last season?

You're aware that Cambiasso started all of the games in the great escape, no?

The season didn't end in March.

Jose Gaya is out of our grasp IMO. Think he'll be going to Barca or Real.

The Seamus Coleman is a great shout though. IF we can get him playing again then he'd be a super addition.

You can use your stats to manipulate your argument all you want Col but you're just embarrassing yourself to be quite honest mate. What players had decent games to point ratios last season?

And were all pretty much slated for it. With one exception.

I recall many threads heavily criticising Drinkwater, Schlupp, Morgan, Kasper amongst many others.

And look where they are now, we are now and where Cambiasso is now. The stats argument is a compelling one, however you want to dismiss it, especially on goals conceded.

Anyway, over and out on that subject. We'll never agree.

Shame about Gaya, he'd be a fantastic acquisition.

I just hope that Claudio has seen how badly his Italian buys have adjusted to the premier league and doesn't make the same mistake again. I am not against bringing in foreign players but would prefer players that are Premiership proven.

I am sure that if we get a Champions League spot their will be top rated players currently playing in the Prem that are not getting European football and will fit into our style of play.

The Seamus Coleman is a great shout though. IF we can get him playing again then he'd be a super addition.

The great escape saw an upturn in all the players.

You're probably right about Gaya, unfortunately. Is he injured? Don't seem to be playing much for Neville?

The great escape saw an upturn in all the players.

You're probably right about Gaya, unfortunately. Is he injured? Don't seem to be playing much for Neville?

and Cambiasso was as much of a part of it as anyone.

Gaya is only 20 but he does seem to be unlucky with injuries...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jose-luis-gaya/verletzungen/spieler/221322

becasue of our sudden meteoric rise it's hard to place us in the transfer market imo. Can we attract players from clubs like Everton, Southampton etc? Yes we can offer Champions league football but there's no telling how long that will last. Worth putting feelers out there though

Youri Tielemans would be an immense signing imo

becasue of our sudden meteoric rise it's hard to place us in the transfer market imo. Can we attract players from clubs like Everton, Southampton etc? Yes we can offer Champions league football but there's no telling how long that will last. Worth putting feelers out there though

Youri Tielemans would be an immense signing imo

He's going to the tippy top. Will be obscenely good in a few years. He's running games for Anderlecht now and he's 18.

I think we desperately need another goalie. I get butterflies when I think of KS getting injured and Schwarzer playing the remaining games. I also think Coleman is a good shout, and like the look of Joel Campbell.

If West Ham fail to get into the top 4 then I would like us to test them with a bid for Adrian.

Best GK i've seen at the KP this season.

If West Ham fail to get into the top 4 then I would like us to test them with a bid for Adrian.

I doubt he would be willing to ride the pine nearly all season when he can get first team football in a very good team.

He's not been at the KP this season yet?

Please, please,please....................Ousmane Dembele, another French connection that looks a special talent.

We were linked with him six weeks a go 

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/leicester-city-fc-winning-the-race-to-sign-ousmane-dembele-71305

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3435402/Leicester-City-join-chase-exciting-French-winger-Ousmane-Dembele.html

but the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich have as well.

http://www.90min.com/posts/3047719-bayern-munich-ramp-up-interest-in-arsenal-and-barcelona-target-ousmane-dembele

I think Ranieri wants the option of playing 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 what ever you prefer. One single striker (Vardy) with two attacking goal scoring wide men (Mahrez & ???????) and with two full backs who are both good defensively and comfortable on the ball and a three man central midfield with one of those players being a defensive midfielder who can slot in at centre back as the full backs get forward. I think Amartey was brought in with this role in mind. 

Would struggle? He'd be nowhere near our first team.

This time last season, I beleive we had won less than 5 games where Cambiasso had started. Think about that for a moment.

I'm firmly in the Col camp as far as Cambiasso is concerned.

I never rated him that highly first time around as his legs had gone. He was a lovely player on the ball and read the game superbly but was poor athletically. Why anyone would want him here two seasons later is mind boggling. If we're going to sign highly talented players who haven't got the legs anymore why don't we go the whole hog and have a central midfield of Zidane and Bobby Charlton?

If we're going to sign highly talented players who haven't got the legs anymore why don't we go the whole hog and have a central midfield of Zidane and Bobby Charlton?

Or Alan Ball? I liked his boots!

I never rated him that highly first time around as his legs had gone. He was a lovely player on the ball and read the game superbly but was poor athletically. Why anyone would want him here two seasons later is mind boggling. If we're going to sign highly talented players who haven't got the legs anymore why don't we go the whole hog and have a central midfield of Zidane and Bobby Charlton?

Well, firstly Col decided to pick an argument with someone who didn't even want Cambiasso back. They said he'd struggle to get in our squad, and Col replies with "Would struggle? He'd be nowhere near our first team."... nobody even suggested he could get back in our first team.

Secondly, Cambiasso ran further than every player on the pitch several times last season, which would suggest he wasn't that poor athletically.

Archived