Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

I think this speaks for itself...

Totti has spent his entire career at Roma, winning a Serie A title, two Coppa Italia titles, and twoSupercoppa Italiana titles; he is the top goalscorer and the most capped player in the club's history. Totti also holds the record for the youngest club captain in the history of Serie A.[3]

A creative offensive playmaker, renowned for his vision, technical ability, and goalscoring, Totti is considered to be one of the greatest Italian players of all time,[4][5][6][7][8][9] one of the most talented players of his generation,[10][11][12] and also, by some, to be Roma's greatest ever player.[13] He has won a record eleven Oscar del calcios from the Italian Footballers' Association, which consists of five Serie A Italian Footballer of the Year awards, two Serie A Footballer of the Year awards, two Serie A Goal of the Year awards, one Serie A Goalscorer of the Year award and one Serie A Young Footballer of the Year award. Totti is the seventh highest scoring Italian in all competitions, with 309 goals.[14]

2006 FIFA World Cup winner and UEFA Euro 2000 finalist with Italy, Totti was selected in the All-Star team for both tournaments; he also represented his country at the 2002 World Cup, and at Euro 2004. He has also won several individual awards, the most important of which are the 2007 European Golden Shoe[15] and the Golden Foot.[16] In 2004 he was named in the FIFA 100, a list of the world's greatest living players, selected by Pelé, as part of FIFA's centenary celebrations.[17] In 2011, Totti was recognized by IFFHS as the most popular footballer in Europe.[18] In November 2014, Totti extended his record as the oldest goalscorer in UEFA Champions League history, aged 38 years and 59 days.[19]

Often referred to as Il Bimbo d'Oro (The Golden Boy), Il Re di Roma (The King of Rome), Er Pupone (The Big Baby), and Il Gladiatore (The Gladiator) by the Italian sports media, Totti is currently the top active goalscorer in Serie A, and the second highest scorer of all-time in Italian league history with 244 goals.

All in the past and hopefully not in our future.

What reputation are you talking about? His loyalty? His goodwill ambassador work for UNICEF? 

His 'saluto' which has fascist connotations, his tendency towards violent and disgusting behaviour on the pitch.

Talking out of your arse.

Partly, yes. Just remembered it was actually Di Canio and not Totti who had everyone in uproar over a fascist salute. Still, Totti can be quite an arse on the pitch as this admittedly poor video shows

Although I love Totti, I struggle to see how he'd fit into our current system. His style is rather languid, very much a classic trequartista... a sharp contrast to the role Shinji plays pressing from the front.

Can only imagine Claudio wants his presence in the dressing room as he brings CL experience, but imagine Totti wants game time which is his current gripe. OR could just be paper talk - The Daily Express print so much crap

Deeney?????????????????????????????????

Might be good enough for Forest, but not  Leicester. He is an unfit, fat bastard. A plodder, My Granny was quicker and just as fat.

He takes longer to turn than the QE2. He needs three point turns to face the other way. He is so slow, my Grandad could swim faster than he can run.

Watford players have to hold the ball up for minutes while plods towards the box from the half way line, which he can only do a miximum of three times in a 90 minute match.

He is dog shite and I do not want him at Leicester!

Apart from that you think he'd be a good signing?

But you admit he would not get in the side and we have moved past him now.You had a mare mate what you smoking?

probably not straight away no. But in the champions league he'll get games. Plus if Drinky got injured or what about if he goes off form again. I'd certainly have him back for a year or two. I know it won't happen but I just think he'd be great to have around the squad again for the champions league

Interesting rumour. It looks like some other big clubs have been sniffing around this guy too.

Clearly U21s and a Championship loan next season. But who knows, another future England international along with Chilwell and Gray?

Archived