Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Ive watched a few Bradford games this season due to my grandad supporting them. I know a lot of Bradford fans are desperate to keep him and he's been outstanding this season. I'd like to see us have him. He'll be premier league standard in a couple of seasons for sure

Ive watched a few Bradford games this season due to my grandad supporting them. I know a lot of Bradford fans are desperate to keep him and he's been outstanding this season. I'd like to see us have him. He'll be premier league standard in a couple of seasons for sure

Does this mystery player have a name?

Can't actually believe some people want us to sign Totti. No doubt he's been an amazing player but if we win the league why would we want to sign a 40 year old who's best years are way behind him? Yes we can't expect to go and sign the best players in the world but we can aim higher than this! Never seemed like he has a great attitude and with our team spirit being a major factor in our success, I'd worry he could come in and ruin the spirit . It's a no from me!

As good as he was, Cambiasso would struggle to force himself into the squad now, to be honest. Where Cambiasso good image and professionalism has always shone through, Totti has a far more questionable reputation, so I don't necessarily think he'd be as beneficial to us.

Would struggle? He'd be nowhere near our first team.

This time last season, I beleive we had won less than 5 games where Cambiasso had started. Think about that for a moment.

Yawn

Why are you yawning?

Do you think a bloke who has made just 16 appearances for a club in Greece would be anywhere near the first team of club who looks like they are going to win the Premiership? You've clearly not read the stat I put up before..conveniently I guess.

And to even think about signing Totti, to play him, is just bizarre. So much so, it's creepy. To have him kicking around the club might be ok, but why bother?

We've done so well this season because we've NOT insisted on fielding golden oldies. Don't now let's return to that.

Why are you yawning?

Do you think a bloke who has made just 16 appearances for a club in Greece would be anywhere near the first team of club who looks like they are going to win the Premiership? You've clearly not read the stat I put up before..conveniently I guess.

And to even think about signing Totti, to play him, is just bizarre. So much so, it's creepy. To have him kicking around the club might be ok, but why bother?

We've done so well this season because we've NOT insisted on fielding golden oldies. Don't now let's return to that.

Well, you ask a question and then go off on one assuming the answer.

I yawned because the entire debate is nebulous, pointless, risible and entirely speculative, and Col, you get sucked in every time, so I was also yawning in disappointment at you for being so credulous.

Well, you ask a question and then go off on one assuming the answer.

I yawned because the entire debate is nebulous, pointless, risible and entirely speculative, and Col, you get sucked in every time, so I was also yawning in disappointment at you for being so credulous.

It's an Internet forum mate, I can't read your mind? And this IS a topic being discussed.

On Totti...categorically no as a player. You know my view on why we've been so successful this season..young, eager, energetic players, especially in the midfield, coupled with some older heads, in the defence, who still have the energy levels needed to play at this level. I'd not entertain the likes of Ibra or anyone like that. And for those even contemplating getting Cambiasso back (in this thread....:thumbup:), come on..........

Would struggle? He'd be nowhere near our first team.

This time last season, I beleive we had won less than 5 games where Cambiasso had started. Think about that for a moment.

Fair point. Although I think it's a shame I automatically expect a Col City putdown whenever Cambiasso gets mentioned in a remotely positive light.

Morgan, Mahrez, Schmeichel and Vardy started most of those games too, but I'm guessing that's beside the point?

You can actually believe that if Col was Leicester manager and had the chance to sign Zlatan, he really wouldn't. Scary stuff.

At his age, with his wage demands and his probable influence, which could go either way, on a very solid squad of young players. Not a chance now, no.

I say once more, as if it really needs saying?? Our success has been founded upon bringing through young, energetic, keen, enthusiastic players with a point to prove. Anyone who would want to veer away from this recipe, I'd find utterly bewildering.

At his age, with his wage demands and his probable influence, which could go either way, on a very solid squad of young players. Not a chance now, no.

I say once more, as if it really needs saying?? Our success has been founded upon bringing through young, energetic, keen, enthusiastic players with a point to prove. Anyone who would want to veer away from this recipe, I'd find utterly bewildering.

Try to keep an open mind Col. Try not to be so blinkered and intransigent. I would prefer to continue finding young gems with extraordinary talent who become stars, but I would never shut the door against players who may have a lot to give at a value price!

I call it common sense, really!

Try to keep an open mind Col. Try not to be so blinkered and intransigent. I would prefer to continue finding young gems with extraordinary talent who become stars, but I would never shut the door against players who may have a lot to give at a value price!

I call it common sense, really!

If we're talking about Ibrahimovic, for example, we aren't talking about 'a value price'. He'd command what..probably 200k per week I suspect?

It's all hypothetical. I doubt we would want to go for players like this and I hope we don't.

Common sense would dictate we keep doing what we're doing. It's worked and very very nearly, the biggest upset in sporting history..ever.

Someone above mentioned Seamus Coleman... that I get...individually not brilliant, but collectively I suspect he's a good lad to have around.

If we're talking about Ibrahimovic, for example, we aren't talking about 'a value price'. He'd command what..probably 200k per week I suspect?

It's all hypothetical. I doubt we would want to go for players like this and I hope we don't.

Common sense would dictate we keep doing what we're doing. It's worked and very very nearly, the biggest upset in sporting history..ever.

Why do you try to change what other people say to simply make your own point?

When did I say I wanted to have Ibrahimovic at £200K per week? You are in a fantasy world!

I said that we should always keep an open mind regarding older players who have something positive to offer at a value price.

I repeat, common sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 

I am of the opinion that signing former greats isn't a great idea - I'm with Col on that.

Here is another one trying to prove he is blinkered.

No-ne wants to sign 'FORMER' greats at a high cost!

We all want to sign current or future greats at a good price. 

There are people on here who should perhaps reduce the amount of 'herbs' they smoke on a Monday morning. 

Here is another one trying to prove he is blinkered.

No-ne wants to sign 'FORMER' greats at a high cost!

We all want to sign current or future greats at a good price. 

There are people on here who should perhaps reduce the amount of 'herbs' they smoke on a Monday morning. 

No need to be rude mate. You were doing ok till that point. :thumbup:

Yes, I get you now... signing players who may still have something to offer, for value. And I agree. As long as they fit in with how we play, they have the energy to play in the Premiership and they don't want silly money then absolutely.

Archived