Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Hardly pointless, Deeney makes Watford tick, he's strong, holds the ball up, quick, and gets a goal. He is also their captain, therefore a leader.

Forget all this business about signing big names, he may cost £10m, but it would be good move for City as a proven Premier league striker and within our budget.

He is without question better than Ulloa and would a different option as a foil for Vardy. Deeney works hard also

Didn't we try and sign him when Watford were in the champ for around 10m? I think Watford will be looking for double that, which I can't see anyone paying.

Yeah, watch this space. The only thing missing from Okazaki right now is goals and that will come as he's proven he can score at a high level. Not many players settle in their first season in a new country/league. His touch, link up play, workrate and ball recovery all way better than Deeney. Okazaki is a way, way better player than Deeney. I reckon he will be in double figures next season

This!

if we are really serious about becoming a top 4 side for the forseeable future, we go for lukaku, if we want to stagnate we go for deeney

Love the optimism but think even if we do win the league we will struggle to a)get Everton to sell him b)convince him to join us.

Yeah, watch this space. The only thing missing from Okazaki right now is goals and that will come as he's proven he can score at a high level. Not many players settle in their first season in a new country/league. His touch, link up play, workrate and ball recovery all way better than Deeney. Okazaki is a way, way better player than Deeney. I reckon he will be in double figures next season

Agreed re settling in and I appreciate Shinji has looked better after having 6 months to settle in. I like the bloke a lot but his link up and touch are certainly no way near Deeney.

Anyway both good players in their own right but just think Deeney would be a reasonable option.

Agreed re settling in and I appreciate Shinji has looked better after having 6 months to settle in. I like the bloke a lot but his link up and touch are certainly no way near Deeney.

Anyway both good players in their own right but just think Deeney would be a reasonable option.

Agree to disagree, some of Okazaki touches have been different class and I don't think we have seen even 60% of Okazaki at his best.

Agree to disagree, some of Okazaki touches have been different class and I don't think we have seen even 60% of Okazaki at his best.

Hardly pointless, Deeney makes Watford tick, he's strong, holds the ball up, quick, and gets a goal. He is also their captain, therefore a leader.

Forget all this business about signing big names, he may cost £10m, but it would be good move for City as a proven Premier league striker and within our budget.

He is without question better than Ulloa and would a different option as a foil for Vardy. Deeney works hard also

So if Deeney is so good and so important to Watford, what makes you think they will sell him for £10m. £10m gets you a championship striker, so if Deeney is as good as you say then surely they would be wanting between £15 and £20m. And it is my opinion that I don't rate him, you can have your opinion that you do but I would be amazed and very under whelmed if we signed him in the summer. Would not be a step forward for a team competing in the champions league.

Deeney?????????????????????????????????

Might be good enough for Forest, but not Leicester. He is an unfit, fat bastard. A plodder, My Granny was quicker and just as fat.

He takes longer to turn than the QE2. He needs three point turns to face the other way. He is so slow, my Grandad could swim faster than he can run.

Watford players have to hold the ball up for minutes while plods towards the box from the half way line, which he can only do a miximum of three times in a 90 minute match.

He is dog shite and I do not want him at Leicester!

Glad to see someone else agrees with me. Most people on here seem really keen on us signing Deeney. Would be such an under whelming signing for a team competing in the champions league and potentially the champions of England. Could you imagine Arsenal fans getting excited about signing Deeney lol

if we are really serious about becoming a top 4 side for the forseeable future, we go for lukaku, if we want to stagnate we go for deeney

We would never get Lukaku. Can't see the owners splurging 40m plus on one player and I can't see Everton selling or him wanting to join us

Leicester City eye transfer of giant £10m-rated Dutch defender Mitchell Dijks

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-eye-transfer-giant-7546672

Regards LB .. Chilwell looks great, but do we need to rush him into the first team next season? I mean, Fuchs will definitely leave when his contract ends, in 2 years time. (He wants to go MLS, he has his family there & his own academy).

We could sign Dijks or some other LB and send Chilwell out on loan for a couple of seasons to gain more experience, ready to replace Fuchs?

Regards LB .. Chilwell looks great, but do we need to rush him into the first team next season? I mean, Fuchs will definitely leave when his contract ends, in 2 years time. (He wants to go MLS, he has his family there & his own academy).

We could sign Dijks or some other LB and send Chilwell out on loan for a couple of seasons to gain more experience, ready to replace Fuchs?

I think Chilwell has the ability to learn quickly and be good enough to be first choice next season, will we be brave enough to put our faith in him? I hope so.

Agreed, I think Chilwell deserves an opportunity and we ought to decide on Moore as well. Fuchs can't be expected to play every game next season, and Schlupp must definitely be an emergency solution only at left back.

Glad to see someone else agrees with me. Most people on here seem really keen on us signing Deeney. Would be such an under whelming signing for a team competing in the champions league and potentially the champions of England. Could you imagine Arsenal fans getting excited about signing Deeney lol

yes

I think Chilwell has the ability to learn quickly and be good enough to be first choice next season, will we be brave enough to put our faith in him? I hope so.

I wouldn't quite make him first choice but we don't need to be splashing 10m on another LB , He definitely needs to play more and i would have no qualms about him coming in for a 5 game stretch or something to cover an injury...

It's important we look for players who offer something different to the current style of play. We've seen in recent weeks that teams have had an approach to the nullify us and although we've found a way to win, it hasn't been pretty.

We need to adapt our style next season so need a different style of player.

Archived