Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

What about Naldo (Wolfsburg) as back up cb... he is strong, good in ball and experienced defender

------

antonio valencia from manchester united would be ok cover (as dyer loan end) he can play Rb and Rm so we can use him as offensive right back or defensive right wing

Would be an interesting one. They'd want a lot of £ and for all his bravado and inconsistency I'm not sure he'd be worth it. Mahrez/Albrighton down one flank and Schlupp/Bolasie down another? Could be good

Bolasie must be the most frustrating playes to have in a side. You know that on his day he is top class, but just so inconsistent.

Are we linked with JET or Cattermole yet?

If not, why not?

:angry:

Zivkovic on a free? I've recently paid 30 mill for him on FM16!

:angry:

Haha yeh Zivkovic is a beast on footy manager. Amartey just transfered for £20m on mine so maybe we got a bargain haha

Love Morgan and Huth but we do need a ball playing CB. Maybe 2. Morgan and Huth are great old school defenders and I'll probably name my two sons Wes and Robert, but they treat the ball like a hot potato - plus they are slow. It's awkward watching Morgan come out with the ball from defence and not know what to do with it, turn around and pass it back to Schmeichel.

A new striker and a RB would be nice too.

Granted he's not Messi on the ball, but, Wes is not slow

Anybody check out the Wes shimmie on Monday... Who new that he had that in the locker?

Granted he's not Messi on the ball, but, Wes is not slow

Anybody check out the Wes shimmie on Monday... Who new that he had that in the locker?

Loved it, and it wasn't for the first time this season. Compared to a lot of CBs, Wes is pretty decent on th ball. Huth, on the the other hand is true old school - which I also love!

I wonder why his form has dropped so massively within only half a season or so. Whenever I see Yaya Touré on the ball these days, he looks sluggish, disinterested, lazy and overweight.

Appears to me age has finally caught up with him - and he surely is only 32 years old?

I'm aware they I'll be possibly ostracized or booted from the forum, but I'd love Totti here for the CL. He's close friends with Ranieri, possibly retiring this year from Roma (will not play for any other team in Italy). Is curious about playing overseas (he wishes he'd had taken a year or two off to play for Real Madrid). He's still knows how to direct traffic. His experience would be immense for the players first time in CL....and much more. I know if he's interested in just a year jaunt he'd come here as a player/coach,if Ranieri asked him. I'd love to have him here.

Nah, we don't need another 'Mancini'

What about Naldo (Wolfsburg) as back up cb... he is strong, good in ball and experienced defender

------

antonio valencia from manchester united would be ok cover (as dyer loan end) he can play Rb and Rm so we can use him as offensive right back or defensive right wing

Naldo is on a steep downwards curve and is prone to major kockups. Not the 'safety first' type that CR wants.

Valencia wouldn't come here to be backup, and once more, he's never been a great defender. No dice. We need options on the left wing, we've got two (potentially three) excellent ones for the right wing (Mahrez, Albrighton and maybe Gray).

Think we should go for that young lad at Marseille who scores for fun and be done with it. 22 year old can't really go wrong linked with West ham

Michy Batshuayi 

How do Demcratic Republic of Congo keep bringing these players through

Fixed it :ph34r:;)

Probably not much too it.. But would be interesting.

Would be embarrassing. A 40 year old on huge wages who has played 8 times this season. No thanks. **** NO!

Probably not much too it.. But would be interesting.

The Guaridan put it better then I ever could....

Buongiorno, today is the day the Premier League announces its assault on Serie A with several clubs readying a war chest to sign the Italian league’s best talents. Apparently.

First off: so much for a one club man. Francesco Totti of Roma might soon become Francesco Totti of Leicester City if reports emanating from Italy are to be believed. The striker, who has so often said he will only ever play for his hometown Serie A club (because that means something – Mill Ed), is eyeing up a move to the Premier League leaders after falling out with the giallorossi head coach, Luciano Spalletti.

The row surrounds an interview given by Totti last week in which he aired grievances about Spalletti not talking to him enough. Naturally the veteran striker irked the coach and he was booted out of the squad for last weekend’s trouncing of Palermo, forced to watch from the posh seats. A move to the east midlands makes sense of course, what with Leicester’s rapid counterattacking game – a style that would obviously suit a player who will be 40 in September and is incapable of sprinting. Then you have the moderately important fact that in Ranieri’s latter days as Roma manager he left Totti on the bench due to him not being mobile enough. That was five years ago, so draw your own conclusions.

People turned their noses up at Cambiasso. Even though Totti is much older than the former, his influence could be immeasurable. We witnessed the inspirational attitude and experience Cambiasso gave to Leicester and Totti might cause a similar impact.

People turned their noses up at Cambiasso. Even though Totti is much older than the former, his influence could be immeasurable. We witnessed the inspirational attitude and experience Cambiasso gave to Leicester and Totti might cause a similar impact.

On the other hand, it might just be made-up nonsense

As good as he was, Cambiasso would struggle to force himself into the squad now, to be honest. Where Cambiasso good image and professionalism has always shone through, Totti has a far more questionable reputation, so I don't necessarily think he'd be as beneficial to us.

As good as he was, Cambiasso would struggle to force himself into the squad now, to be honest. Where Cambiasso good image and professionalism has always shone through, Totti has a far more questionable reputation, so I don't necessarily think he'd be as beneficial to us.

I think this speaks for itself...

Totti has spent his entire career at Roma, winning a Serie A title, two Coppa Italia titles, and twoSupercoppa Italiana titles; he is the top goalscorer and the most capped player in the club's history. Totti also holds the record for the youngest club captain in the history of Serie A.[3]

A creative offensive playmaker, renowned for his vision, technical ability, and goalscoring, Totti is considered to be one of the greatest Italian players of all time,[4][5][6][7][8][9] one of the most talented players of his generation,[10][11][12] and also, by some, to be Roma's greatest ever player.[13] He has won a record eleven Oscar del calcios from the Italian Footballers' Association, which consists of five Serie A Italian Footballer of the Year awards, two Serie A Footballer of the Year awards, two Serie A Goal of the Year awards, one Serie A Goalscorer of the Year award and one Serie A Young Footballer of the Year award. Totti is the seventh highest scoring Italian in all competitions, with 309 goals.[14]

2006 FIFA World Cup winner and UEFA Euro 2000 finalist with Italy, Totti was selected in the All-Star team for both tournaments; he also represented his country at the 2002 World Cup, and at Euro 2004. He has also won several individual awards, the most important of which are the 2007 European Golden Shoe[15] and the Golden Foot.[16] In 2004 he was named in the FIFA 100, a list of the world's greatest living players, selected by Pelé, as part of FIFA's centenary celebrations.[17] In 2011, Totti was recognized by IFFHS as the most popular footballer in Europe.[18] In November 2014, Totti extended his record as the oldest goalscorer in UEFA Champions League history, aged 38 years and 59 days.[19]

Often referred to as Il Bimbo d'Oro (The Golden Boy), Il Re di Roma (The King of Rome), Er Pupone (The Big Baby), and Il Gladiatore (The Gladiator) by the Italian sports media, Totti is currently the top active goalscorer in Serie A, and the second highest scorer of all-time in Italian league history with 244 goals.

Archived