Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Were you excited when we signed Albrighton and Morgan?

I was excited when we signed Gary Coatsworth, doesn't make any difference to whether we should be aiming higher than Deeney (which we absolutely should)!

I was excited when we signed Gary Coatsworth, doesn't make any difference to whether we should be aiming higher than Deeney (which we absolutely should)!

My point is we've done pretty damn well without signing big names. I'd rather us sign players with hunger that fit our style

There's better players out there than deeney that would fit our style and are hungry. If take deeney as a squad player but as a starter in what will be the biggest campaign in the clubs history?? No thanks. We're in a position to get better and I believe we will. The summers going to be interesting, just hope we can hang onto our stars that got us in this position in the first place.

Ins:

Back up goalie - John Ruddy/Brad Guzan

Right back - Arias

Centre back - Dragovic/Bruma

Winger - Sisto/Redmond

No.10 - Hakim Ziyech

Striker - Musa

Out:

Ben Hamer

Mark Schwarzer

Ritchie De Laet

Marcin Wasilewski

Nathan Dyer (don't renew his loan)

6 in & 5 out for me. Gonna be Involved in 4 competitions next year so strength in depth next year is going to be vital.

Look at the Spurs squad plenty of competition & were challenging in all cups. Hope we can have a good cup run next year also.

I wouldn't get rid of Inler or Kram yet. Inler needs time, sometimes it takes a whole season to settle in & with regards to Kram seeing how he's been performing in Germany surely we can give him at least pre season to prove his worth?

Deeney's not bad but they'll want about £20mil for him. That's hard to justify if we're honest.

I actually quite like the Bruma shout. Didn't particularly rate him here but he's clearly kicked on. We didn't really rate Kane on loan here too and look what's happened.

Ins:

Back up goalie - John Ruddy/Brad Guzan

Right back - Arias

Centre back - Dragovic/Bruma

Winger - Sisto/Redmond

No.10 - Hakim Ziyech

Striker - Musa

Out:

Ben Hamer

Mark Schwarzer

Ritchie De Laet

Marcin Wasilewski

Nathan Dyer (don't renew his loan)

6 in & 5 out for me. Gonna be Involved in 4 competitions next year so strength in depth next year is going to be vital.

Look at the Spurs squad plenty of competition & were challenging in all cups. Hope we can have a good cup run next year also.

I wouldn't get rid of Inler or Kram yet. Inler needs time, sometimes it takes a whole season to settle in & with regards to Kram seeing how he's been performing in Germany surely we can give him at least pre season to prove his worth?

Some solid shouts there all pretty much undone by the one in bold lol

Brad Guzan is one of the worst goalkeepers I've ever seen lol Hamer is twice the keeper he is. Can't complain at the other suggestions though.

The shout for Guzan is making my suggestion of Jay Emmanuel Thomas (although in my defence that was when we were in the Championship) look half decent....

Nah, maybe not then. ...

The shout for Guzan is making my suggestion of Jay Emmanuel Thomas (although in my defence that was when we were in the Championship) look half decent....

Nah, maybe not then. ...

Hmmmm nice try to get out of that one! lol To be fair, JET could be a beast on his day, whereas Guzan just seems to be constantly woeful.

Fine John ruddy. Sod you all!! lol

On a serious note though that keeper from Southend generally looks decent & im sure he's only like 21?

Daniel Bentley. Believe QPR were sniffing around in January. Supposed to be a really highly rated young keeper.

Guest CityFan 06

Dragovic, Arias, Sisto and Ziyech would have me ready to think we could do top 4 again.

Agree as well. These players are certainly the type of calibre of players I'd like us to be looking at signing. I've got faith in our scouting system and player recruitment to bring in the right players, to hopefully help us develop as a football club in the Premier League and in future Europe competitions. Have to say Sisto looks a real talent, and I also rate Jeffrey Bruma who seems to have developed very well as a CB.

Think people are forgetting who we are. Do you really expect us to have a world class back up goalkeeper? Not sure how well he's played at Villa this season (but who has) but he's been pretty solid for them in the past i'm sure. He'd probably leave Villa in the summer if they rebuild and he probably wouldn't mind being second fiddle to Schmeichel either.

I Dont want to be mean but schmeichel will probably be killed in champions ( options)

Moya athletico madrid

Casillas Porto

Leño bayer04

Sirigu psg

Bravo barcelona

Transfer talk

Why would we want to sign a goalkeeper who is No.1 at his club and worth more than Schmeichel? I don't see the point in it.

Moya's probably the best shout out of these five, but Leno? No way (No1. goalkeeper at Leverkusen). Casillas? No way (No.1 keeper at Porto). Sirigu? No way. Bravo? You kidding me?

Besides, before our goalkeeper's "murdered", it'll hit our defense first. And that's where adding re-inforcements might be a more pressing issue.

It's easy to think Schmeichel might need replacing but he's still improving. This year has been his best yet and he's only just entering his prime as a goalkeeper at 29 years old. The best he'll ever be is still ahead of him. We need good backup, I agree, but he deserves to test himself in the Champions League and as part of a team that's defending a Premier League title (fingers crossed).

Archived