Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Wonder whether we could have any use for Micah Richards at CB? Now that Villa are highly likely to get relegated, he's one of the few talents there I could imagine in a City shirt... alongside Sinclair and Okore, who's one for the future.

Guest CityFan 06

Wonder whether we could have any use for Micah Richards at CB? Now that Villa are highly likely to get relegated, he's one of the few talents there I could imagine in a City shirt... alongside Sinclair and Okore, who's one for the future.

Sinclair is a decent shout. Carlos Gil as well maybe.

He may be / have been a talent, but given all that's gone on around him, I'd suggest he's one to pass on. In fact, I'm not sure how many of that Villa squad would be strong enough mentally to easily recover from what they've gone through - and some of them it's not just this season, it's 3/4 seasons worth of dross.

If we were to sign anyone from villa it would have to be gueye, he's the only player I've actually thought looked decent this season, the French lad who plays lb but had been out injured a while also looked good before he got injured.

I wonder if we'd go in for veratout again as we clearly had a big interest in him pre season

Sinclair is a decent shout. Carlos Gil as well maybe.

So that's four Villa players we should be signing, anyone get any more suggestions and we'll see if we have more than half their team?  ;)

Someone suggested Guzan the other day so there's five.  :ph34r:

If we were to sign anyone from villa it would have to be gueye, he's the only player I've actually thought looked decent this season, the French lad who plays lb but had been out injured a while also looked good before he got injured.

I wonder if we'd go in for veratout again as we clearly had a big interest in him pre season

So that's four Villa players we should be signing, anyone get any more suggestions and we'll see if we have more than half their team?  ;)

Someone suggested Guzan the other day so there's five.  :ph34r:

Veretout & Gueye now added to make it seven Villa players.  :D

Guest CityFan 06

Bolasie of Palace and Sigurdsson of Swansea would be great signings in my opinion. Probably realistic too.

In all fairness gueye would be a decent squad player as far as the rest I wouldn't go anywhere near them lol

Gueye probably is worth a look to be fair but surely a CL side wouldn't want at least 7 of their players so everyone can't be right. 

Do we even need another CM? Yes Inler will go in the summer but Amartey is his replacement isn't he?

So we have Drinkwater, Kante, King, Amartey, James . Do we really need a 6th first team CM?

If we are going to sign a CM it should be an U21 who could potentially fill in if there's injuries.

Kante and Drinkwater and the only ones there that can really bring something to a game, and Kante is more than likely to go. I think we need at least one very good cm to compete with DD and Kante and then another if he leaves.

How on earth does Micah Richards still get mentioned. I don't know how many years he has to have of doing nothing / being shit before they realise that may be his level now rather than the promising kid he looked.

Do we even need another CM? Yes Inler will go in the summer but Amartey is his replacement isn't he?

So we have Drinkwater, Kante, King, Amartey, James . Do we really need a 6th first team CM?

If we are going to sign a CM it should be an U21 who could potentially fill in if there's injuries.

I think so, think we need another really good one. I would not want a couple of injuries to happen and we end up fielding King and James against a top class CL team, as bad as that makes me sound.

Just realised Dusty posted pretty much the same thing

Kante and Drinkwater and the only ones there that can really bring something to a game, and Kante is more than likely to go. I think we need at least one very good cm to compete with DD and Kante and then another if he leaves.

It's funny how quickly people forget. Matty James was brilliant for us last year. Let's not write him off for no good reason. As for King, when has he ever let us down?

I feel a bit sorry for Andros Townsend, he is a limited player but all he's ever done is go out in games and do his best and he's actually some good goals, he gets more stick than he deserves really.

If he was available on a free, he's not a player I'd target but he wouldn't be a terrible option in the squad. Sometimes you need a bit of directness, if theres a club he'd do well at its probably us.

Archived