Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Gerard. Actually no I don't. I thnk we may acquire more players, which we will very much need. I'm not sure we will 'replace' players as such. Depends who leaves. Inler and Benny are very likely, as are Kram and possibly Ulloa.

Right now though our whole squad are top of the league. Let's hope they remain so.

Gerard. Actually no I don't. I thnk we may acquire more players, which we will very much need. I'm not sure we will 'replace' players as such. Depends who leaves. Inler and Benny are very likely, as are Kram and possibly Ulloa.

Right now though our whole squad are top of the league. Let's hope they remain so.

When I say "replace" I mean our first XI will be different. I don't think we will be actively selling any current players of our first XI unless we have offers we are willing to accept. 

Our first XI next season will be the same as it is now but 3 or 4 upgrades or at least that will be the plan. The players they replace in the team will still get sufficient game time they'll just be further down the pecking order.

Not sure if he's been mentioned before but I think Jack Grealish would be a good acquisition for us. He has all the attributes to be a top quality player if we can get him to knuckle down and fulfil his potential.

With Villa going down, surely he would be tempted by coming to us as we will be able to offer him Premier League and hopefully Champions League football.

This is up there with the worst signing suggestions I've seen in my life.

Grealish is the most over-rated player in the last 10 years at least.  Utter doggo.  Didn't he pick England over Republic of Ireland?  WTF?  Does the lad want an international career?  He could not be further from the England squad if he was from New Zealand.

He is bottom of my transfer wish list, sitting somewhere behind Katie Hopkins and Lorraine Kelly.

Guest Mee-9

What's Adama Traore like? Came from Barcelona to Aston Villa and has barely featured. Comes with a decent reputation.

I remember when he moved there, the hype was unreal. Freddy Adu Du Du. 

I'd upgrade three players from the starting 11 right back ie Santiago Arias! Left midfield ie Ziyech and striker Musa! Then a couple of back up players ie Idrissa Gueye who is 2nd to Kante last two seasons in France and England for interceptions and tackles. Jeffrey Bruma could be a shout, seems to of come on leaps and bounds.

Going for CL football next year and there's like 4 or 5 suggestions of Villa and Newcastle players.

I know a bad team doesn't mean every player is bad, but Villa have been absolute cack all season and not one player in their team has shown any quality. Newcastle have been a shambles and Mitrovic is wank 'n all. 

At least when we looked to be on our way down, we weren't a total and utter embarrassment.

I also find it strange how many people are suggesting Musa now. Are people watching him play regularly or just assuming he's deece cause we bid nearly 20mil for him?

ter Stegen rumoured to be close to a £20m move to man city. Joe Hart anyone?

Schmeichel is better in my opinion.

Its not so much replaced as competition for places , no-one , nevermind the fee , should walk straight into our team after what this group has achieved.

Its true, it would be completely and utterly unfair on our current group.

Makes me laugh here how people are saying get this player on as cover.Get this player as back up ect.

Keep the same squad as now but get 4 or 5 in to add to the quality of the squad.

This is all well and good but do you really think players of that calibre who are going to cost 10/20 million are going to come here and be happy to be cover/back up?

Yes I agree we will be playing more games next year but look at this year. We could not find a place for Benny...Inler....and Kram....adding to many leaves you with the same problem.you can only play 11 and have 18 in the matchday squad.

Do we really need unhappy players in the squad?

I would be very very happy if we kick off the new season with the same squad we have now...Maybe minus Was and MS who I expect to be gone.

Bring in 2/3 to keep it fresh and the quantity then comes from the youth looking at development of Chowdry..Ben C...Joe D ect ect.

If we keep the squad together and bring these young players through we don't need major investment.

Makes me laugh here how people are saying get this player on as cover.Get this player as back up ect.

Keep the same squad as now but get 4 or 5 in to add to the quality of the squad.

This is all well and good but do you really think players of that calibre who are going to cost 10/20 million are going to come here and be happy to be cover/back up?

Yes I agree we will be playing more games next year but look at this year. We could not find a place for Benny...Inler....and Kram....adding to many leaves you with the same problem.you can only play 11 and have 18 in the matchday squad.

Do we really need unhappy players in the squad?

I would be very very happy if we kick off the new season with the same squad we have now...Maybe minus Was and MS who I expect to be gone.

Bring in 2/3 to keep it fresh and the quantity then comes from the youth looking at development of Chowdry..Ben C...Joe D ect ect.

If we keep the squad together and bring these young players through we don't need major investment.

It's the level we are at now. All the big clubs are signing players for much more than that, and many of them are sitting on the bench. Are they happy? Probably not but it has worked for them over the years (not including this weird season of course!) so why should it be any different for us? We are playing champions league next year. Look at the teams that play in that competition and see what value the players on the bench are. I'm not suggesting we should have 7 20million players on the bench but we shouldn't be afraid of signing players of that calibre just because they may be on the bench. Don't forget how fortunate we have been with injuries this season too, so Kram, Inler and Benny could have been heavily involved if we hadn't been so lucky on that front. I'm all for the idea of having everyone in the squad happy but that is rare and having top players unable to force their way into a starting 11 is a big part of the modern game and something players have to accept and try to change. 

The thing about Gueye is he has proven to be very effective in the Prem in a horrible Villa side. He could step in with us and we could have a very reasonable expectation that he could get better than the excellent stats he has now. Gueye will allow us to play our preferred style consistently in midfield. Armartey looks like he is going to need time to get used to the pace in the Prem. At right back he looked a bit like a rabbit in the headlights when he had the ball. He clearly has potential and may well prove to be a great buy in two years, but I don't think he's going to be the guy to use next season when we rest Kante after a Wednesday trip to Shaktar and we are away at Liverpool on the Saturday.

James is going to need time as well and who Knows if his knee will hold out. I would love to see him back in the side, but it is no sure thing.

Ziyech looks class and he has from all appearances he the right kind of character.

Archived