Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

I'm not certain that getting rid of Shinji is in the cards. We did pretty well with him this year, no? Why would we sell him when an upgrade would be considerably more expensive and not be certain to give us similar results?

.................... Not wanting to sell someone and selling them does not make you a liar.

Saying you categorically WILL NOT sell then selling makes you a liar.

We need more fire power, Meaning ulloa or okazaki will be benched pretty much all next season if we strengthen, their game time will reduce dramatically.

With the extra games next season, I doubt Ulloa will play any less than he has this season, even if we sign another striker. I would be happy next season with Vardy, Ulloa, okazaki and 1 more top class striker to replace Kramaric who will no doubt leave

I'm not certain that getting rid of Shinji is in the cards. We did pretty well with him this year, no? Why would we sell him when an upgrade would be considerably more expensive and not be certain to give us similar results?

We were not certain before buying him that he would do anything... 

I think the key word in your post is "upgrade" so the question is, why would not NOT upgrade? when upgrading is getting someone better than before, if we took the caution that we may buy a flop we would never buy anyone...

The thing is, Zaza is an upgrade on Okazaki, he offers everything that Okazaki does based on admittedly limited knowledge (although playing 17 times for Juventus this season is a pretty good thing) 

I love Okazaki now even after my criticism at the start of the season, and I don't want him to go, but we still need a big man for different scenarios in games so can't see Ulloa being sold, 

So him and Kramaric would be sat on the bench very often. 

Can't see shinji causing any problems over being on the bench though, his attitude is first class.

Lets face it, vardy is head and shoulders above Okazaki, Ulloa and Kramaric, so which one goes when we strengthen?

Are people still REALLY suggesting Balotelli?

He's the antithesis of all things LCFC.

Sometimes I despair.

Im sure Claudio could sort him out, never mind that no other manager he's played under so far has managed it  :P Serious though, he's Liverpools' problem and i hope it stays that way 

We were not certain before buying him that he would do anything... 

I think the key word in your post is "upgrade" so the question is, why would not NOT upgrade? when upgrading is getting someone better than before, if we took the caution that we may buy a flop we would never buy anyone...

The thing is, Zaza is an upgrade on Okazaki, he offers everything that Okazaki does based on admittedly limited knowledge (although playing 17 times for Juventus this season is a pretty good thing) 

I love Okazaki now even after my criticism at the start of the season, and I don't want him to go, but we still need a big man for different scenarios in games so can't see Ulloa being sold, 

So him and Kramaric would be sat on the bench very often. 

Can't see shinji causing any problems over being on the bench though, his attitude is first class.

Lets face it, vardy is head and shoulders above Okazaki, Ulloa and Kramaric, so which one goes when we strengthen?

Well, for the likely sale price, I can't see Shinji or Ulloa fetching considerably more than Kramaric after his adventures with Hoffenheim...so I would say the obvious choice is to sell Kramaric. Ulloa has another year in him, and Shinji has a decided role in the squad. 

Well, for the likely sale price, I can't see Shinji or Ulloa fetching considerably more than Kramaric after his adventures with Hoffenheim...so I would say the obvious choice is to sell Kramaric. Ulloa has another year in him, and Shinji has a decided role in the squad. 

That's the dilemma, Kramaric could still be a good player... Vardy had a terrible first season in comparison to now, but he had a good long run in the team (something we can't really offer an under performing player at this level)

but he looks to have alot of potential, I'd sell kramaric over Okazaki don't get me wrong, but something is telling me a loan move to the championship or a bottom half team in the prem could do him good. 

On another note. 

Maxime Gonalons please. 

only on about 40-50k per week (some sources are saying less than 40k) 

Zaza is 6'1 and, i think, is reasonably strong in the air. Be our new target man? appreciate Ulloa but he is just a little too slow and clumsy. Play Vardy upfront with Zaza and bring Shinji on at 75 mins to buzz around a tired defence and pick up any scraps and force errors.

Zaza is 6'1 and, i think, is reasonably strong in the air. Be our new target man? appreciate Ulloa but he is just a little too slow and clumsy. Play Vardy upfront with Zaza and bring Shinji on at 75 mins to buzz around a tired defence and pick up any scraps and force errors.

Could be onto something here, 

I'd sell okazaki and Ulloa for Aboubakar and Zaza though.

people wanting to sell shinji clearly do not understand the way we play. Very important player for us.

Anyway, we will need 5 strikers going into this season with the amount of games we will be playing.

New ST/Shinji/Ulloa

Vardy/New CF

If we sign a target man like Zaza, Slimani or Deeney there is literally no point of Ulloa staying apart from sentimental reasons. Also said earlier if we do sign a target man & sell ulloa, King can rotate with the new target man/shinji which free's up space for Matty James & a new CM that can compete with DD/Kante.

finally someone talks sense.

Okazaki does an amazing job for us. End of.

he does more than enough to warrant staying, even if he scored 1/2 goals this season his defensive shift makes him a real asset to the team. Take him out and then I'm sure we'd notice a difference...people just want a striker to score. 

Okazaki is fantastic, I can't stand it when people bad mouth him, yea certain areas of his game do need work however his tireless work gives Vardy free rain to do what the hell he wants. Similarly to Drinky and Kante. He gives 100% and some every week. And his bycicle kick proves he has quality.

Yarmolenko and Zaza both would be good.

Walsh said: We are going to have to buy five or six players to deal with the Champions League and fixtures for next season

and Ranieri: don’t need the superstars” as they prepare for a summer of strengthening for the Champions League.

I want to improve the squad without big stars but the right players.

people wanting to sell shinji clearly do not understand the way we play. Very important player for us.

Anyway, we will need 5 strikers going into this season with the amount of games we will be playing.

New ST/Shinji/Ulloa

Vardy/New CF

If we sign a target man like Zaza, Slimani or Deeney there is literally no point of Ulloa staying apart from sentimental reasons. Also said earlier if we do sign a target man & sell ulloa, King can rotate with the new target man/shinji which free's up space for Matty James & a new CM that can compete with DD/Kante.

Don't start that rubbish. It's not a case of "not understanding" how we play,

It's a case of wanting to improve, and out of the 2x strikers we use as consistent starters, okazaki is the weaker and can be improved,

I'd only want him sold I we brought in 2 strikers, even then yes there is an argument for keeping him as strength in depth but then again there is for ulloa.

To say keeping ulloa would only be for sentimental reasons is also quite controversial, whenever he's come on this season he's made a decent impact, he can also be improved upon.

We need more upfront whichever way we look at it.

We've used 23 players haven't we? So we might not need to sell anyone. Schwarzer must be retiring surely, either way we need a back up keeper. Back up right back, probably at least one centre back as Wasilewski (legend) is surely on his way out and you'd think Benalouane too. Be pretty happy going into next season with Chilwell pushing Fuchs, he'd be crazy to leave when the guy keeping him out is in his thirties. Dyer will leave so at least one more wide player, and Inler will surely go so room for another centre mid. So we're still on 23. There's room to put James and Kramaric back in to make 25, or you sell Kramaric and bring another striker in, still on 25. Would anticipate Moore and Hamer leaving, and Dodoo probably out on loan.

Is anyone studying stats etc before they make any shouts on this thread?

As well as being a plonker, Mario Balotelli has scored a mere 3 goals in 21 appearances for Milan.

That's 3 in 21.

When you think Ulloa has 6 in 27 that's quite laughable from Balotelli.

Archived