Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Just looking at some players who are available on a free in the summer....

Zlatan

Feghouli (mahrez get to work on that one) 

Mehmet Topal (CM)

Steve Mandanda (GK marseille) 

Nicolas Nkoulou

Miguel Veloso (CM)

Gregory Van der Wiel (RB)

Martin Cacares (CB)

Of those I'd say Mandanda, Veloso, Van der wiel and Cacares are probably realistically available to us.

Edit - Tom carroll would be a great signing out of contract. 

Also Tonny Vilhena is meant to be a quality CM at Feyenoord, only 21 and free. (we've been linked since february and as recent as a few days ago)

Basically, you've made the same suggestions others have made from the start in this thread, in particular Feghouli, Mandanda, N'Koulou, Carroll and van der Wiel. :D

And why would you want Caceres? He's undoubtedly a class CB and even great at RB or LB, but signing him now would be madness, since he'll be still out injured and/or recovering for quite a while (supposed to be back somewhere in October). He'd miss pre-season and the entry to next season.

Plus, he's already said to join AS Roma this summer:

http://www.chiesaditotti.com/2016/4/30/11543698/reports-roma-reaches-deal-with-martin-caceres

Basically, you've made the same suggestions others have made from the start in this thread, in particular Feghouli, Mandanda, N'Koulou, Carroll and van der Wiel. :D

And why would you want Caceres? He's undoubtedly a class CB and even great at RB or LB, but signing him now would be madness, since he'll be still out injured and/or recovering for quite a while (supposed to be back somewhere in October). He'd miss pre-season and the entry to next season.

Plus, he's already said to join AS Roma this summer:

http://www.chiesaditotti.com/2016/4/30/11543698/reports-roma-reaches-deal-with-martin-caceres

Not read through the thread i've not been on for a while so there is just too much catching up to do! 

Could he not be signed for january though? He's 29 so still has a few years left in him.

Weird. I was thinking earlier I hadn't seen you posting for a while. Is there a back story, or can't you say.

I just did not want to talk about the league and go and jinx it, nothing major, just kept away, In the heat of the moment I suddenly got superstitious 

Not read through the thread i've not been on for a while so there is just too much catching up to do! 

Could he not be signed for january though? He's 29 so still has a few years left in him.

I just did not want to talk about the league and go and jinx it, nothing major, just kept away, In the heat of the moment I suddenly got superstitious

Ah. Well, glad to hear you're alright - I enjoy your posts.

Bet its buzzing in Leicester - worst time of being homesick.

08:08

ARSENAL AND CHELSEA IN FOR €25M KANTE

Speaking of N'Golo KanteArsenal and Chelsea are to go head to head for the Leicester holding midfielder's signature this summer, according to report in Le Parisien.

Both north London clubs are ready to activate the France international's €25m buyout clause in his contract at the King Power.

However, the Premier League duo are also believed to face competition for the player from Ligue 1 champions PSG.

08:08

ARSENAL AND CHELSEA IN FOR €25M KANTE

Speaking of N'Golo KanteArsenal and Chelsea are to go head to head for the Leicester holding midfielder's signature this summer, according to report in Le Parisien.

Both north London clubs are ready to activate the France international's €25m buyout clause in his contract at the King Power.

However, the Premier League duo are also believed to face competition for the player from Ligue 1 champions PSG.

Said it before but it would be his loss.

Would Manolas want to join Claudio after Greece? Probably out for Dragovic if we get him and Hernandez.

I'd rather we go for Balotelli then Benteke, Musa, or Aboubakar, but what do I know. In Claudio, Walsh, and Rudkin we trust.

Mendy would be good if Chilwell doesn't want to stay. Does he know Mahrez well?

Benteke I think could be a good signing, yes he has failed at Liverpool but he never suited there style of play so I don't know why they wanted him, he was quality in a poor Villa team and look where they are without him. If he was available for 15m I would take him. Not convinced by Musa, seems far too expensive. If Sunderland went down, I would go for Kirchoff he looks a very good midfielder. Especially if Kante goes but obviously I really hope he doesn't!

Benteke I think could be a good signing, yes he has failed at Liverpool but he never suited there style of play so I don't know why they wanted him, he was quality in a poor Villa team and look where they are without him. If he was available for 15m I would take him. Not convinced by Musa, seems far too expensive. If Sunderland went down, I would go for Kirchoff he looks a very good midfielder. Especially if Kante goes but obviously I really hope he doesn't!

Don't think Benteke would be great and doesn't suit the kind of player we look for, also he's on big wages, aboubukar would me much better fit for us and on much less wages

He is so lazy, not a chance he would fit in.

Musa on the other hand yes please and Kirchoff wtf!

No to Benteke from me too. Mendy would be a good option for left back, he is fast and can cross well. Not sure how realistic Manolas is as some of the "big teams" are after him. I like both Musa and Aboubakar.

I'd crawl over broken glass to sign manolas.

Whoever we sign I'd back the scours, if Benteke is 15m snap him up, he doesn't suit Liverpool and was top class at villa, he wasn't lazy there he carried that team,

He's been poor at Liverpool but the goals he has scores shows he's still got it, just not with that team, you only have to look at Albrighton to see its horses for courses and our Scouts get more right than wrong.

Musa would be a definite yes for me if hes under 20m, hate the idea of us going and spending 100m this window on players who would command massive wages, it would take alot to get Musa here over other European clubs.

Not sure on mendy he would want to start and fuchs is easily good enough, can mendy play on the wing? How fast is he? Assume he's rapid?

Aboubakar would be a better bet over Benteke at the valuations imo, less risk for a similar player.

Would Manolas want to join Claudio after Greece? Probably out for Dragovic if we get him and Hernandez.

I'd rather we go for Balotelli then Benteke, Musa, or Aboubakar, but what do I know. In Claudio, Walsh, and Rudkin we trust.

Mendy would be good if Chilwell doesn't want to stay. Does he know Mahrez well?

I find it crazy that people are suggesting we sign Balotelli. That would be bad on so many levels. Plus, Ranieri has already said he only wants players that have the same mentality as him and his current players. So that 100% rules out Balotelli

Wolfsburg are being linked with Bakambu from Villareal. Wolfsburg are 10th in Germany at the moment so won't be in Europe next year so if they think they can get him, I'm sure we'd have a good chance. He's banged goals in all season in the league and the europa league.

Archived