Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

I think it would be hard to say if Benteke would be a good singing or not. Look at the players we have now, many who were deemed not good enough.

He's lazy and doesn't fit into our team ethos. I just don't get some of these suggestions like Benteke and Balotelli.

He's lazy and doesn't fit into our team ethos. I just don't get some of these suggestions like Benteke and Balotelli.

Don't agree with the lazy tag, however wouldn't touch Balotelli with a barge pole either.

Why not go for Lukaku? He will, of course, be courted by all the 'top' clubs but were Premier League champions! Everton are nowhere to be seen this year and with the lure of champions league football it might just be to good to turn down. 

I honestly believe we need to capitalise on our current status as we may never get the chance again.

I would be looking at:

Lukaku

Bakambu

Lacazette

Sturaro

Carvalho

Feghouli

Candreva

Cahill

GIbbs

Van der Wiel

Why not go for Lukaku? He will, of course, be courted by all the 'top' clubs but were Premier League champions! Everton are nowhere to be seen this year and with the lure of champions league football it might just be to good to turn down. 

I honestly believe we need to capitalise on our current status as we may never get the chance again.

I would be looking at:

Lukaku

Bakambu

Lacazette

Sturaro

Carvalho

Feghouli

Candreva

Cahill

GIbbs

Van der Wiel

Great shout!

8671969_f520.jpg

No, no he would not.

Scored 42 in 89 for Villa. 

He is capable of pressing the play and scoring goals. I think CR could get the best out of him. Still only 25 years old.

I would still take Benteke, but think it would have to be a bit of a cut-price deal to be honest. It's not really worked out for him at Liverpool, but I'd hardly say he's been given a fair crack of the whip either. Would be a good upgrade on Ulloa for sure, and still only 25.

Wouldn't want to pay more than about 15m for him though, and wages would have to be right too. We all know Liverpool want to sell too, so maybe a cut price deal in the offing.

I would still take Benteke, but think it would have to be a bit of a cut-price deal to be honest. It's not really worked out for him at Liverpool, but I'd hardly say he's been given a fair crack of the whip either. Would be a good upgrade on Ulloa for sure, and still only 25.

Wouldn't want to pay more than about 15m for him though, and wages would have to be right too. We all know Liverpool want to sell too, so maybe a cut price deal in the offing.

Benteke is only an upgrade on Ulloa if he's happy to fit into our ethos. The fact that Klopp sees him as undesirable, despite having clear talent, throws up some warning signs for me.

For me, I'd prefer to go for somene like Deeney or Callum Wilson if we're looking locally, but I suspect our signings will be mostly from abroad.

Benteke is not lazy, he just does not fit Liverpool.

At Villa he ran the show every week when he was on form, He's been off form since Liverpool and deserves a chance, plenty of players could have been deemed lazy before they came to us, QPR fans called simpson lazy.....

It was rumoured, only 2 months ago, that Athletico Madrid were planning a big money bid for Christian Benteke topping £30mn. I can't see LC valuing him at anything like that. I'd prefer a swipe for Sturridge myself but there is no doubt Benteke would have a better shot of moving forward at Leicester than he does or will at Liverpool.

Benteke? What have you people been smoking? He does not fit our style or system. He's lazy and doesn't press. It would basically be like when we had Yakubu, he wouldn't do any work, he'd wait for the ball to come to him.

Klopp doesn't play him because he doesn't work hard enough. Klopp likes his front players to press, as do we.

We don't need lazy players. Like Don Claudio said himself, 'we need our players to run!'

Benteke? What have you people been smoking? He does not fit our style or system. He's lazy and doesn't press. It would basically be like when we had Yakubu, he wouldn't do any work, he'd wait for the ball to come to him.

Klopp doesn't play him because he doesn't work hard enough. Klopp likes his front players to press, as do we.

We don't need lazy players. Like Don Claudio said himself, 'we need our players to run!'

I'm amazed you don't see the hilarity of this post.

Ulloa Hardly fits our bill either but we have needed him when we have had to switch it up a bit..

And as for the Yakubu comment... lol all he did was score goals!

Listening to some people we had 0 chance of winning the league as well...

Very good point however people suggesting we should sign the top scorer from the team in the champions league final is going a little over board. But you're right, we upset the odds, **** it let's get Messi and Ronaldo in

Seriously though if we keep on missing out on transfer targets after winning the league, someone needs shooting.

Shambles.

Yeh cos last summer was a shambles. Missing out on Veretout and signing Kante! Someone definitely needs shooting

I would be looking at:

Lukaku

Bakambu

Lacazette

Sturaro

Carvalho

Feghouli

Candreva

Cahill

GIbbs

Van der Wiel

Can't see us getting Lukaku, Chelsea won't let Cahill leave (unless you're talking about Tim Cahill but he's far too old now) and we don't need a lb unless Chilwell leaves so that rules out Gibbs. The rest are decent shouts though. I'd go all out for Bakambu after the goals he's scored this season

I'm amazed you don't see the hilarity of this post.

Ulloa Hardly fits our bill either but we have needed him when we have had to switch it up a bit..

And as for the Yakubu comment... lol all he did was score goals!

Ulloa has worked his bollocks off this season when he has played. Yeh he's not as mobile as Vardy and shinji bit he's still tracked back and got stuck in.

Ulloa has worked his bollocks off this season when he has played. Yeh he's not as mobile as Vardy and shinji bit he's still tracked back and got stuck in.

Exactly. Ulloa works his bollocks off. The benteke & yakubu comparison is fair. And I would have neither today. They don't have a patch on Leo's workrate, even if they score more goals, we'd likely concede more because our defence starts from the front.

Ulloa has been brilliant for us in the last few months.. And he is a Premier League champion did you know? Don't think we need to replace him just think we need a new rapid forward to supplement Vardy (I reckon We'll get Musa)

Archived