Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Don't know how the rumoured players, who allegedly turned us down in the last two windows got on this season.

I suspect there is a few that would be wishing they had took a punt, and now would be owners of a premier league winners medal

Musa would be great.

Whoever we get in... Pace Pace Pace.

Yeah we could see how much we missed Vardy against united, Credit to Ulloa he ran himself into the ground, but with that high back line United were tactically sound, we just could not get behind them.

Would love Musa.

How much would someone like Lacazette cost? just a stretch too far for us I imagine, not financially, but more along the lines of sticking to our policy of not spending dramatic amounts on single players on huge wages... 

Expect he would be 20-30m?

Yeah we could see how much we missed Vardy against united, Credit to Ulloa he ran himself into the ground, but with that high back line United were tactically sound, we just could not get behind them.

Would love Musa.

How much would someone like Lacazette cost? just a stretch too far for us I imagine, not financially, but more along the lines of sticking to our policy of not spending dramatic amounts on single players on huge wages... 

Expect he would be 20-30m?

Dramatic amounts on wages go out the window if they are worth it.. i.e id pay Kante 150k a week.  (Not saying lacazette is btw)

Just looking at some players who are available on a free in the summer....

Zlatan

Feghouli (mahrez get to work on that one) 

Mehmet Topal (CM)

Steve Mandanda (GK marseille) 

Nicolas Nkoulou

Miguel Veloso (CM)

Gregory Van der Wiel (RB)

Martin Cacares (CB)

Of those I'd say Mandanda, Veloso, Van der wiel and Cacares are probably realistically available to us.

Edit - Tom carroll would be a great signing out of contract. 

Also Tonny Vilhena is meant to be a quality CM at Feyenoord, only 21 and free. (we've been linked since february and as recent as a few days ago)

I thought a release clause meant that if a club met that amount, then they are free to discuss terms with the player and the player can then move if he wishes. So if Kante has a 15million clause. Any club can offer that amount and then it's up to Kante to join them or stay and we can't stop him??  I could be wrong but that's what I always thought they meant

Understand you can double that figure

New contract on the table - if he doesn't sign he will be off

Understand you can double that figure

New contract on the table - if he doesn't sign he will be off

Hope he signs then. Obviously if there is any kind of release clause then teams like Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc will be looking to sign him. He really is that good. I just hope he realises he will play every week for us and be playing in the champions league and remain the star of our team, rather than going to a "bigger" club where the team spirit won't be as good and he could become a squad player and rotated along with other big money signings. Leicester should offer him a big contract to stay. We wouldn't have won the league without him. He is that important a player for us 

id take Denis Suarez over him. 

Take both, Vilhena is a free agent.

Two young English players that could be worth a shout: Will Hughes and Duncan Watmore

Love the look of watmore, hughes a couple of seasons ago not so much now imo.

Carroll is on a free

I thought a release clause meant that if a club met that amount, then they are free to discuss terms with the player and the player can then move if he wishes. So if Kante has a 15million clause. Any club can offer that amount and then it's up to Kante to join them or stay and we can't stop him??  I could be wrong but that's what I always thought they meant

That is correct, but we can also offer him an improved contract at the same time. I'm sure we're doing that, if only to get rid of the rumoured release clause, or bump it up to match his current value.

Hope he signs then. Obviously if there is any kind of release clause then teams like Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc will be looking to sign him. He really is that good. I just hope he realises he will play every week for us and be playing in the champions league and remain the star of our team, rather than going to a "bigger" club where the team spirit won't be as good and he could become a squad player and rotated along with other big money signings. Leicester should offer him a big contract to stay. We wouldn't have won the league without him. He is that important a player for us 

Not just those clubs - I think the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, etc. will be interested. Kante could be one of the best CMs in the world right now.

I think you're right - I don't think we could have won the title without him. I've never seen a player tackle and intercept so well and so often. He's on another level.

We just have to hope he wants to stay, or failing that, that our scouts can find the next best thing.

Not just those clubs - I think the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, etc. will be interested. Kante could be one of the best CMs in the world right now.

Alot depends on how he does at the Euros for France. If he has a blinder, they'll all be in for him. If he's not so impressive, they may stay away and give him another season to see how he copes

The annoying thing about possibly losing Kante - I can't see any side that signs him using him like we do, they'll try and shackle him into a holding role, which would be a waste in my opinion.

However - I don't think any of the current squad would have expected quite the reaction that has followed this amazing achievement and that has got to be a big plus in our attempts to keep him.

So we must stick a contract in front of him now whilst other clubs aren't ready to complete an offer (managers not in place, league + cup situations not assured etc).

Then, once we've done that - lets go and bag Will Hughes from Derby. The sort of player we could do well with and grow into an exceptionally talented player.

1.15, similar to Knocky v Huddersfield a few years back.

Absolutely, I like the way he strikes a ball, gets his body low naturally and keeps over the ball, he leans in looks like he has a great free kick ability, something we need a bit more consistency on with regard to shooting from a free kick.

£20m Wilson would be great. Championship strikers cost half that already. I know people love an unknown striker from abroad, but we need someone who we know can cope at this level.

Southampton in the mood to sell Long, I would snap him up too.

Need another Mahrez like player and likely will need to go overseas for this one, although I still have a soft spot for knocky.

Defence is my concern, we need some long term replacements and I am struggling for ideas there.

£20m Wilson would be great. Championship strikers cost half that already. I know people love an unknown striker from abroad, but we need someone who we know can cope at this level.

Wouldn't touch wilson at that price IMO, Can find someone for less i'm sure. 

Southampton in the mood to sell Long, I would snap him up too. (this is a prime example)

Need another Mahrez like player and likely will need to go overseas for this one, although I still have a soft spot for knocky.

Sissoko if newcastle go down?

Feghoouli is out of contract at valencia but expect him to go to a big club, He's french algerian so maybe mahrez can have a word.

That said, I absolutely LOVE gray as a prospect, would not want to see him get pushed aside if we sign another player, who would you want to sell? albrighton would probably be the one that would have to go if we kept mahrez.

Defence is my concern, we need some long term replacements and I am struggling for ideas there.

Someone mentioned Lascelles, Looks a classy prospect, If Newcastle stay up, I've liked the look of Kone at Sunderland, been their best player since arriving in Jan.

Hopefully Benalouane will prove to be quality, I liked him to be honest, just needs to adapt and I think he has the making of a decent prospect for us, 

Cacares at Juventus is out of contract in the summer.

Did Borthwick-Jackson ever sign a deal at united? he's looked a potential future prem left back in the 8 games he's played for united, exposed at times but definitely could work with Fuchs as a long term replacement over the next few years, He won't get ahead of uniteds defence when they are fit.

If he's not signed a contract he's another free in the summer.

Archived