Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Season Ticket Renewal

Guest CityFan 06

Overall I was very impressed with the club how they didn't make the Season Tickets any more expensive in our first season in the Premier League. I'd understand if they made them more expensive now in the upcoming season but maybe not considering the TV money coming into the club, plus the fact probably another 10k fans (approx) in the ground on matchdays next season if expansion goes ahead.

Think it's silly to expect us to pay less for this amazing entertainment

I'd be more than happy to pay 5% more and make sure the casual match day staff are all paid a living wage

More staff on match days and pay them a living wage and id be happy to pay 5% more

Supporters are a little bit hypocritical at times we want to fight for cheaper everything but in reality we should be fighting for a fairer process for all involved with delivering our match day entertainment.

The club are on course for earning an extra £30m + this year alone, before the new deal has even kicked in. Next year it will be even more!! They have some employees earning £80k a week and the owners are billionaires... and you think it's right to make fans pay more so that everyone is paid the living wage. Are you fecking insane?

Think it's silly to expect us to pay less for this amazing entertainment

I'd be more than happy to pay 5% more and make sure the casual match day staff are all paid a living wage

More staff on match days and pay them a living wage and id be happy to pay 5% more

Supporters are a little bit hypocritical at times we want to fight for cheaper everything but in reality we should be fighting for a fairer process for all involved with delivering our match day entertainment.

Even the silly dressed in pink helpers?

Sorry i probably didn't make it clear i meant do season ticket holders get priority for any extra season tickets. I want to relocate to sk1 next season but my old man doesn't so its getting another season for a friend/family to go with him.

No, season ticket holders don't get a chance to buy additional season tickets. Any availability will go to members in order of highest priority. Gold and family members then downwards. I can't imagine this will get anywhere near to general sale and possibly not even some members.

If you pay by DD,then the last payment for this season comes out of the bank account on the 31'st of March,so i'm led to believe.Then it keeps rolling for next season.If it goes up i'd assume the club will have to let you know due to the DD gaurantee.Was talking about this the other night with my Tigers supporting friends and they get just the Premiership and have to pay extra for the european games,but seats are saved for a couple of weeks at home.Away it'll be the same as we use for aways,with alot more travelling :scarf:

So what do we reckon? Last year the letters came out at the end of March (just before "the run"), and prices were frozen most likely because everyone expected us to be playing in the Championship.

Things are very different this year. A price increase would probably seem justified, but how much would be fair? Or, on the other side of the coin, the huge new TV deal could mean that the club could afford to freeze, or even reduce ticket prices?

Which way do you think it will go?

A price increase would not be justified, as shearer said at the weekend, about the Liverpool thing, clubs cannot justify increases, as club next season are getting the new bumper TV deal.

So for me, another freeze would be fair.

The club are on course for earning an extra £30m + this year alone, before the new deal has even kicked in. Next year it will be even more!! They have some employees earning £80k a week and the owners are billionaires... and you think it's right to make fans pay more so that everyone is paid the living wage. Are you fecking insane?

Not at all insane , I think our prices are fantastic value , Vardy should be on 120k a week , the owners wealth isn't my business or yours

I'd love to see us pay £10 an hour minimum to match day staff and increase staff

Supporters always want the best deal , well we have had it for a long time now , a small increase of say 5% would be very fair

That's what I thought but the guys in the shop/ticket office were quite adamant that it would just carry on when I asked about it last year

This is correct if you pay by direct debit it will automatically renew

I was told that yesterday by sales team

A price increase would not be justified, as shearer said at the weekend, about the Liverpool thing, clubs cannot justify increases, as club next season are getting the new bumper TV deal.

So for me, another freeze would be fair.

Fair is about give and take , We have had freezes , the owners have been very fair , a very small increase for me would be fair.

We need to improve the squad , our wage bill is going to explode , The facilities need revamping , and maybe expansion is needed

It's funny it's "our" club but "they" must pay for everything

They being owners

I don't want the club to stop improving and if small increases keep the on and off field business improving then a small increase seems fair to me

Fair is about give and take , We have had freezes , the owners have been very fair , a very small increase for me would be fair.

We need to improve the squad , our wage bill is going to explode , The facilities need revamping , and maybe expansion is needed

They being owners

I don't want the club to stop improving and if small increases keep the on and off field business improving then a small increase seems fair to me

All of which we could do, due to high finish, European football, hopefully, and increase in sales of shirts etc, and our share of the biggest tv deal in premier league history.

Yes the season tickets are competitive, not the cheapest, and not the dearest, but why not reward the fans loyality by a freeze.

In the big scale of things, a 5 percent increase will generate very little income, in comparison to the above, but to fans, it could make all the difference.

All of which we could do, due to high finish, European football, hopefully, and increase in sales of shirts etc, and our share of the biggest tv deal in premier league history.

Yes the season tickets are competitive, not the cheapest, and not the dearest, but why not reward the fans loyality by a freeze.

In the big scale of things, a 5 percent increase will generate very little income, in comparison to the above, but to fans, it could make all the difference.

It's a fair point you make , I'm happy to pay a little more but I can understand not everyone might be able to

I hope those stating they'd be happy to pay more realise that for some people that's simply not viable.

Fair point

Not at all insane , I think our prices are fantastic value , Vardy should be on 120k a week , the owners wealth isn't my business or yours

I'd love to see us pay £10 an hour minimum to match day staff and increase staff

Supporters always want the best deal , well we have had it for a long time now , a small increase of say 5% would be very fair

They are never going to get £10 an hour in fact how many unskilled jobs actually pay anything close to it, also if you are referring to the kiosk staff then that is contracted out in a long term deal to compass who set the wage levels

Fantastic value? lol

Can I ask how old you are exactly, because the price of tickets has gone up well beyond the rate of inflation since I started going. It used to be anyone could go no matter what their background, now many many people are totally priced out. When ticket money is a drop in the ocean of a clubs turnover, it's a fecking disgrace to keep putting up prices at the rate they do... the money isn't needed, end of story. No other country charges such extortionate rates for tickets.

You can pay people £10 an hour out of the TV money, that's the whole bloody point. The fans shouldn't be asked to cough up for it when the money is there.

"Supporters always want the best deal, well we have had it for a long time now" well that confirms it... you are off your head.

I hope those stating they'd be happy to pay more realise that for some people that's simply not viable.

I think if people are cutting their finances so tight that they can't afford a £20 increase per year, then maybe they should consider whether a season ticket is right for them at the moment anyway.

That's not give and take, that's... take and not take (until a year later).

If you sold 32,000 season tickets it would only be about £14m at say £450 each on average. With the position we'll finish in, the extra TV money, other sponsorship etc etc it's a total drop in the ocean.  You could take £25 off each of the 32,000 season tickets and it would cost under £1m Very rough numbers obviously... but when total turn over next year goes through the roof, it's nothing.

They being owners

"They" won't be paying for anything, the TV money pays for pretty much everything.

A small increase won't do anything, an extra 5% on gate receipts is nothing. It will mean Vardy and friends will have to earn about £7.96 a minute rather than £8 a minute.

Who could complain if there was a modest increase next season?

Normal people? Just because we're having a good season it now seems acceptable that we should pay more, it's bizarre. There is ZERO reasons for the club to charge us more money other than pure greed, it's just not needed. We're not in the championship scraping by, we're highly likely to be in europe... an even bigger pay day for the club.

It seems to have become the total norm for people to just stand back and accept above inflation price increases, whilst footballers take home £300k a week.

I think if people are cutting their finances so tight that they can't afford a £20 increase per year, then maybe they should consider whether a season ticket is right for them at the moment anyway.

I think people for whom football is often their only social outlet away from the world of work etc deserve to be treated with a bit more respect by the club they've supported through thick and thin (and their fellow supporters too!).

Normal people? Just because we're having a good season it now seems acceptable that we should pay more, it's bizarre. There is ZERO reasons for the club to charge us more money other than pure greed, it's just not needed. We're not in the championship scraping by, we're highly likely to be in europe... an even bigger pay day for the club.

It seems to have become the total norm for people to just stand back and accept above inflation price increases, whilst footballers take home £300k a week.

Yes footballers have the skills that we pay to watch. They deserve to get the big bucks. The quality of football we are seeing now compared to a few years ago completely justified modest price rises.

Archived