Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Season Ticket Renewal

This is correct if you pay by direct debit it will automatically renew

I was told that yesterday by sales team

That's very odd because you haven't signed for anything past 2016, when they first came out you signed for 2014/15 then rolling into this season, it doesn't mention nothing past this season

Er, everyone watching worldwide on TV maybe?

That said, I look forward to us having a banging away end in the first five minutes judging by the number of people saying they won't be joining the boycott because they want to get behind the lads...

SKY WONT show a protest against them lol

That's very odd because you haven't signed for anything past 2016, when they first came out you signed for 2014/15 then rolling into this season, it doesn't mention nothing past this season

That's why I rang it make sure and I was told it's a recouring direct debit

Sod it, why stop there... most people could afford an extra £500 if they are already wasting £500 on a season ticket. Lets put prices up to £1000 a season ticket. Lets just get in football tourists willing to spend £80 a match ticket.

Can't actually believe this thread,

Comparing £20 to a £500 rise is pretty stupid.

I hope those stating they'd be happy to pay more realise that for some people that's simply not viable.

That's true but I don't see how anyone could argue with an increase that's in line with inflation. Or even an increase that puts us on a par with mid-table clubs.

The TV money is huge, every one knows that but with that comes much bigger costs. The cost of running a Premier League club is huge, the match day costs are huge and rising all the time. If the club finance this with the TV money, that puts us at a disadvantage with other clubs in the division.

That's true but I don't see how anyone could argue with an increase that's in line with inflation. Or even an increase that puts us on a par with mid-table clubs.

The TV money is huge, every one knows that but with that comes much bigger costs. The cost of running a Premier League club is huge, the match day costs are huge and rising all the time. If the club finance this with the TV money, that puts us at a disadvantage with other clubs in the division.

Football ticket rises have far exceeded inflation massively in the last 25 years, so I don't buy that argument at all. Our fans are constantly wheeling out stats about how our squad has competed without having to spend big, yet now the same method which has brought about our success is going to put us at a disadvantage? Supporters, as well as the club, should benefit from the TV deal because without us, there would be no club!

Comparing £20 to a £500 rise is pretty stupid.

You said 

I think if people are cutting their finances so tight that they can't afford a £20 increase per year, then maybe they should consider whether a season ticket is right for them at the moment anyway.

If you're spending £500 on a season ticket, you can probably afford £1000. So sod it, shouldn't matter should it... if people can afford it they can pay it. Sod the people who can't, I can so who cares.

That's essentially what you've been saying.

That's true but I don't see how anyone could argue with an increase that's in line with inflation.

They wouldn't, because if we took that back to what prices used to be we'd all be in for a massive reduction wouldn't we.

Or even an increase that puts us on a par with mid-table clubs.

The "they're doing it so we must to" argument... it's not just about us, every club needs to address this issue.

It only comes with bigger costs because they take that money and put it directly into the hands of agents and players already earning ludicrous amounts. Again, it's about every club not just us... look at the £30 away ticket thing, that's going to cost them almost nothing yet they won't do it. All clubs would be impacted fairly equally, yet the money grabbers won't give up the cash.

I heard on talksport, the Colin Murray show, when they were talking about Leicester they mentioned something about freezing ticket prices.  It was a passing comment and I only caught the end of the show so I don't know what had been discussed so don't quote me.  Seemed odd that they would say that without "hearing" something though

You said

If you're spending £500 on a season ticket, you can probably afford £1000. So sod it, shouldn't matter should it... if people can afford it they can pay it. Sod the people who can't, I can so who cares.

That's essentially what you've been saying.

Can you not read? I was replying to somebody that said people could not even afford a modest increase of say 5%. I then said if you are really struggling with a £20 rise then maybe a season ticket is not right for them at the moment.

What has a £1000 season ticket got to do with it? I never said people could afford a 100% rise.

So yes, comparing the two is stupid.

Can you not read? I was replying to somebody that said people could not even afford a modest increase of say 5%. I then said if you are really struggling with a £20 rise then maybe a season ticket is not right for them at the moment.

What has a £1000 season ticket got to do with it? I never said people could afford a 100% rise.

So yes, comparing the two is stupid.

£20 this year, £50 next year... how much the year after and the year after and the year after. Why draw a limit, does it only matter when it hits your limit? Feck everyone else before that.

When the club is about to get a shit load of extra cash why the hell should anyone have to pay an extra 5%, you think that extra £600k is going to make any difference to a club with a turnover approaching £200m?

its not odd at all when you agreed to buy or renew your 2015/16 season ticket by direct debit you also agreed to these terms and conditions

http://www.lcfc.com/documents/leicester-city-football-club-direct-debit-scheme-for-2015-16-season-tickets-terms-conditions280-2360507.pdf

Let me just single out the point in interest

LEICESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB DIRECT DEBIT SCHEME FOR 2015/16 SEASON TICKETS TERMS & CONDITIONS

3. The Direct Debit Scheme operates on a recurring basis. Instalments will be automatically taken for a Season Ticket each season. Supporters who do not wish to retain their Season Ticket for the 2016/17 season via the Direct Debit Scheme must inform Leicester City Football Club before 1 March 2016.

First they charged £30, and I did not speak out—
Because I could afford £30.

Then they charged £50, and I did not speak out—
Because I could afford £50

Then they charged £70, and I did not speak out—
Because I could afford £70

Then they charged £100 which I could not afford - but there was no one left to speak for me

Their's two sides to this story.The fan's who have had a season ticket(and probably been up and down the M1 to Preston,Barnsley,Leeds as i have for a few years)It would be nice if the club could think of the fans......so actually their isnt two sides,and i've bought tooooo many shirt's for the kids. :scarf:

its not odd at all when you agreed to buy or renew your 2015/16 season ticket by direct debit you also agreed to these terms and conditions

http://www.lcfc.com/documents/leicester-city-football-club-direct-debit-scheme-for-2015-16-season-tickets-terms-conditions280-2360507.pdf

LEICESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB DIRECT DEBIT SCHEME FOR 2015/16 SEASON TICKETS TERMS & CONDITIONS

3. The Direct Debit Scheme operates on a recurring basis. Instalments will be automatically taken for a Season Ticket each season. Supporters who do not wish to retain their Season Ticket for the 2016/17 season via the Direct Debit Scheme must inform Leicester City Football Club before 1 March 2016.

But if the football club wishes to put it up by more than1p,it would be breaking the DD promise.......that's why i don't see season tickets going up,unless they snd you a letter to say so.

£20 this year, £50 next year... how much the year after and the year after and the year after. Why draw a limit, does it only matter when it hits your limit? Feck everyone else before that.

When the club is about to get a shit load of extra cash why the hell should anyone have to pay an extra 5%, you think that extra £600k is going to make any difference to a club with a turnover approaching £200m?

Inflation means that prices will not stay the same forever, along with wages. Therefore a price freeze would in effect be a price reduction. 

The club have not raised excessively above inflation for as long as I can remember.

When I signed in 2014 and that's the only time I have, I'm pretty much sure it did not mention 2016/17 but from your Fantastic bit of research it looks like it does!! Well done good job! Give yourself a peanut

When I signed in 2014 and that's the only time I have, I'm pretty much sure it did not mention 2016/17 but from your Fantastic bit of research it looks like it does!! Well done good job! Give yourself a peanut

Well done on the sarcasm but it wasn't research I just know what I'm agreeing to before hand

But if the football club wishes to put it up by more than1p,it would be breaking the DD promise.......that's why i don't see season tickets going up,unless they snd you a letter to say so.

Yes I agree also they have to inform you if the prices are going down for the same reasons

the poster I was replying to claims they never agreed to auto renewal

If you're a billionaire who bought a football club in order to expose and expand your brand worldwide and, therefore, wanted to enhance your business' reputation would you...

A) Follow the trend and increase ticket prices to get that extra few hundred thousand pounds, despite the huge negativity surrounding the issue

or

B) Freeze or lower prices against the grain and get a wealth of positive advertisement from media outlets in the UK and potentially around the world

????

I know what I'd do in that situation.

First they charged £30, and I did not speak out—

Because I could afford £30.

Then they charged £50, and I did not speak out—

Because I could afford £50

Then they charged £70, and I did not speak out—

Because I could afford £70

Then they charged £100 which I could not afford - but there was no one left to speak for me

And what ?

Archived