Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Season Ticket Renewal

I think if people are cutting their finances so tight that they can't afford a £20 increase per year, then maybe they should consider whether a season ticket is right for them at the moment anyway.

Sod it, why stop there... most people could afford an extra £500 if they are already wasting £500 on a season ticket. Lets put prices up to £1000 a season ticket. Lets just get in football tourists willing to spend £80 a match ticket.

Can't actually believe this thread,

Normal people? Just because we're having a good season it now seems acceptable that we should pay more, it's bizarre. There is ZERO reasons for the club to charge us more money other than pure greed, it's just not needed. We're not in the championship scraping by, we're highly likely to be in europe... an even bigger pay day for the club.

It seems to have become the total norm for people to just stand back and accept above inflation price increases, whilst footballers take home £300k a week.

With your logic should they give us all free season tickets? As you said it doesn't contribute much money at all compared to tv.

Yes footballers have the skills that we pay to watch. They deserve to get the big bucks. The quality of football we are seeing now compared to a few years ago completely justified modest price rises.

They can get big bucks from the TV deals for the love of god, asking fans to continue to fork out more and more and more is a joke. The money isn't needed, no other countries charge such ludicrous prices across virtually the whole league and yet they manage to watch good football as well.

Normal people? Just because we're having a good season it now seems acceptable that we should pay more, it's bizarre. There is ZERO reasons for the club to charge us more money other than pure greed, it's just not needed. We're not in the championship scraping by, we're highly likely to be in europe... an even bigger pay day for the club.

It seems to have become the total norm for people to just stand back and accept above inflation price increases, whilst footballers take home £300k a week.

I think the club have been reasonable to date Babs, nobody can make a decision until they're released. My point is I wouldn't throw my toys out if there's a modest increase. That doesn't mean I WANT to pay more!

With your logic should they give us all free season tickets? As you said it doesn't contribute much money at all compared to tv.

Stop being such an idiot, I've never said I expect to get in for free. There are no reasons why any premier league club couldn't cap prices, especially with a new deal coming in. You seem to be fine with the notion that everyone else will line their pockets from it, whilst the average fan is expected to continue paying out more.

Yes footballers have the skills that we pay to watch. They deserve to get the big bucks. The quality of football we are seeing now compared to a few years ago completely justified modest price rises.

Sadly this is the reason why modern football has gone so far from its working class roots.

I agree with babs, football should be for everyone, of all back grounds.

With attitudes of players deserve mega bucks, is the reason football is/ has turned into a middle class sport to watch at the grounds.

Yes players deserve good wages, as their careers are short, but the money they receive has gotten totally out of hand.

I think the club have been reasonable to date Babs, nobody can make a decision until they're released. My point is I wouldn't throw my toys out if there's a modest increase. That doesn't mean I WANT to pay more!

They can be "reasonable" because money from tickets is a tiny fraction of income, they could actually be more than "reasonable" if they wanted to be. Especially next season with so much more money coming into the game. When you know your turnover is going up by a HUGE amount, I don't think it's "reasonable" at all to raise prices. It would be a bloody disgrace, and that's the reason why there is so much written about it at the minute.

Stop being such an idiot, I've never said I expect to get in for free. There are no reasons why any premier league club couldn't cap prices, especially with a new deal coming in. You seem to be fine with the notion that everyone else will line their pockets from it, whilst the average fan is expected to continue paying out more.

I'm more than happy for the owners to make some money out of it. However most of the extra money will go very quickly on new contacts, combined with the necessary spending to increase the size of our thin squad.

The bottom line is, the club can make absolutely millions - and I mean millions, without fleecing the fans. A football club means fvck all without the fans. Take the new TV deal, take the champions League money and leave ST prices as they are. No excuse whatsoever to increase them.

They can be "reasonable" because money from tickets is a tiny fraction of income, they could actually be more than "reasonable" if they wanted to be. Especially next season with so much more money coming into the game. When you know your turnover is going up by a HUGE amount, I don't think it's "reasonable" at all to raise prices. It would be a bloody disgrace, and that's the reason why there is so much written about it at the minute.

Well they still may continue to be reasonable , let's see and decide when they're released :)

They are never going to get £10 an hour in fact how many unskilled jobs actually pay anything close to it, also if you are referring to the kiosk staff then that is contracted out in a long term deal to compass who set the wage levels

Maybe football clubs and supporters should set the bar higher

£10 is a dream I know

The bottom line is, the club can make absolutely millions - and I mean millions, without fleecing the fans. A football club means fvck all without the fans. Take the new TV deal, take the champions League money and leave ST prices as they are. No excuse whatsoever to increase them.

Fleece the fans ? Not sure anyone is being fleeced at Leicester

I'm more than happy for the owners to make some money out of it. However most of the extra money will go very quickly on new contacts, combined with the necessary spending to increase the size of our thin squad.

What all £690,000 of it (which is what say a £30 average increase of 23,000 STH would get them) lol

Of course most people can and will pay it, but its the principle. Its greed pure and simple and anyone disagreeing clearly hasn't done their reading on this latest TV deal. 

You could knock £25 of all season tickets for £600 grand... it's nothing, it's going to make almost zero difference, it's like two months of Vardy's new contract alone. Across the whole 25 man squad to you pay out £49,500 a week, rather than £50,000 a week and it pays for it completely.

Fans are just seen as a cash cow that can be milked and milked because they are hooked into the club. I don't need the £25, but as said above it's about the principle and clubs not taking the piss out of people.

Fantastic value? lol

Can I ask how old you are exactly, because the price of tickets has gone up well beyond the rate of inflation since I started going. It used to be anyone could go no matter what their background, now many many people are totally priced out. When ticket money is a drop in the ocean of a clubs turnover, it's a fecking disgrace to keep putting up prices at the rate they do... the money isn't needed, end of story. No other country charges such extortionate rates for tickets.

You can pay people £10 an hour out of the TV money, that's the whole bloody point. The fans shouldn't be asked to cough up for it when the money is there.

"Supporters always want the best deal, well we have had it for a long time now" well that confirms it... you are off your head.

41 and had a season ticket since 1993

The tickets to me , can only speak for me an my family we have 4 tickets are amazing value

I just paid 200 to go to a show at the curve for the 4 of us ! One show !

My season tickets are the best value sporting tickets I buy every year and have been for 22 years !

Season ticket holders behind the goal shouldn't be paying more than £15 per game. £20 max along the sides except the posh seats.

Anyone who believes that we are currently getting a fair or reasonable deal is deluded and those who maintain that view in spite of the new TV need to be banned from football for life IMO.

I pay around £440 a year, I understand this is a lot of money and prices people out of getting a season ticket but overall I'm happy paying that. Reducing ST prices will create a situation with lower league clubs, I'd heard on the radio yesterday that a known League 2 team charge £20 a ticket.. yet these clubs charge those rates for genuine survival. 

You could knock £25 of all season tickets for £600 grand... it's nothing, it's going to make almost zero difference, it's like two months of Vardy's new contract alone. Across the whole 25 man squad to you pay out £49,500 a week, rather than £50,000 a week and it pays for it completely.

Fans are just seen as a cash cow that can be milked and milked because they are hooked into the club. I don't need the £25, but as said above it's about the principle and clubs not taking the piss out of people.

I don't feel that I've been milked at all in the many years I've had my season ticket. Just over £20 or so match is fair value. Incredible value now considering the increase in the level of entertainment.

With other clubs fans groups planning a joint walkout, just can't see why the club would increase the price when a freeze would give them brilliant PR especially if they did it now. Also it would be a massive thank you too the Fans for playing their part last season.

I will... this thread blew up because someone said we should all pay more so staff get a living wage at the club!!!

What's wrong with that ?

I care that people are being paid £5-6 an hour to serve me

If the club committed to paying them more I would be happy to pay a little bit more on my ST

Wow are we all that self obsessed that this is seen as a bad thing ?

I pay around £440 a year, I understand this is a lot of money and prices people out of getting a season ticket but overall I'm happy paying that. Reducing ST prices will create a situation with lower league clubs, I'd heard on the radio yesterday that a known League 2 team charge £20 a ticket.. yet these clubs charge those rates for genuine survival.

Almost every PL game is sold out. Reducing ticket prices would have very little to no impact on lower league clubs.

I've seen so many comments - not just in this thread which is depressing - but for a while now. Football is supposed to be (or at least was) a working class game. There is absolutely no reason for my season ticket should be increased next season. Lets face it, if we get in Europe they won't be included anyway.

I think Liverpool fans walking out of their game was brilliant to see, the club have said they are looking into pricing because of that. For me it shouldn't even get to that far where your own supporters are walking out but it was nice to see one set of fans make a stand. We should be together as a fan base.

Archived