Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Season Ticket Renewal

Ginnetta is an arse. The Supporters Club seems to be a clique, which is fine, but the every time we are in the news, they seem to trot this plonker out as representing "us". I appreciate it will always be difficult to "represent" such a broad range of supporters in one soundbite, but the guy has always rubbed me up the wrong way with his comments. May as well have Bernie as our spokesman...

With the extra revenue from the TV deal the club have no excuse to put the ticket prices down and I will be disgusted if they are not.

Don't forget they will get at least 3 European games where we will sell out at around £30 a head so that generates another £3million. Not to mention the extra revenue from other countries/glory supporters through merchandise too.

For me, they should knock off £50 a ST which would cost the club a measly £1.2million but I would consider a price freeze plus first rounds of each cup a decent proposition though.

Why not knock £100 off? It would only be a measly £2.4m. Or £200 for a measly £4.8m? That's only Vardy's salary for a year or so.

It's very easy just saying well it's only a few hundred thousand or a million or two here and there, but it all adds up.

I would love a price freeze or reduction like anyone else, but people are not being fair if they slate the owners for maybe raising them by a modest amount. We are not being 'milked' like some people are saying in this thread and £23 or so a match for good Premier League football is not too excessive.

Why not knock £100 off? It would only be a measly £2.4m. Or £200 for a measly £4.8m? That's only Vardy's salary for a year or so.

It's very easy just saying well it's only a few hundred thousand or a million or two here and there, but it all adds up.

I would love a price freeze or reduction like anyone else, but people are not being fair if they slate the owners for maybe raising them by a modest amount. We are not being 'milked' like some people are saying in this thread and £23 or so a match for good Premier League football is not too excessive.

What a ridiculous statement. How would it "not be fair" on the owners considering the massive increase in TV money, add to that the extra revenue from possible Champions League qualification PLUS a minimum of 3 CL group games if that was to be the case.

How can anything other than a reduction be justified? The interest rates have been about 0 for a few years now so they can't use that as an excuse either.

So if prices go up this season and then next year we end up back in a relegation battle, do you think they would put the prices back down. No they wouldn't. The club is making enough money from us fans (which is pocket change in relation to the SKY money), we know we are all customers these days but we ought not be taken for granted.

The bottom club next season is set to earn £99m, up from £62m this year.... You're telling me that the club can't knock off £50 each totalling £1.2m??? The club would only be better off by £35.8m - Why would anyone think anything other than a price reduction would be fair???

What a ridiculous statement. How would it "not be fair" on the owners considering the massive increase in TV money, add to that the extra revenue from possible Champions League qualification PLUS a minimum of 3 CL group games if that was to be the case.

How can anything other than a reduction be justified? The interest rates have been about 0 for a few years now so they can't use that as an excuse either.

So if prices go up this season and then next year we end up back in a relegation battle, do you think they would put the prices back down. No they wouldn't. The club is making enough money from us fans (which is pocket change in relation to the SKY money), we know we are all customers these days but we ought not be taken for granted.

As I have said previously it is far too simplistic just to say we will be making loads more money. Our wage bill will probably increase by 50% by the end of next season. We will probably break our record transfer fee at least two or three times. That all costs money.

If we want to be a top 4 team again next season and the season after, a heck of a lot of extra money will need to be spent.

The bottom club next season is set to earn £99m, up from £62m this year.... You're telling me that the club can't knock off £50 each totalling £1.2m??? The club would only be better off by £35.8m - Why would anyone think anything other than a price reduction would be fair???

Oh and you are getting your interest rates mixed up with inflation. Inflation has only been around 0 for a year since the petrol prices dropped.

Listened to the guy from Dortmund on TalkSport explaining the reasons behind the tennis ball protest, made some really good points it's not about tomorrow it's about the game in 10 years times for years football has been accessible to everyone and we should fight to keep it that way, he also said in Germany the fan experience is in the stadium but if you want to experience a working mans football atmosphere in England you have to go to the pub.....I kind of get his point

Also asked if paying a bit extra meant you got to see the best players in the world he replied what's the point if you can't get in the stadium to watch them, I really like the German mentality towards how a football club should be run.

What an interesting thread, lots of emotion. I remember going Arsenal away in the league cup as a teenager in the late 80's and literally 'begging' for small change outside the ground to buy a ticket to get in as I'd ran out of money (I'd spent what little money I had on petrol, food and a few drinks).

Now I'd quite happily pay £1000 for a ST if one was available - because I think that represents good value for money in today's world. Times have changed and my financial circumstances have also changed.

We're all different and have a different outlook on what's right or wrong depending on our current position. All I can do is compare going to watch City with other forms of entertainment today (the cinema, theatre, other sports etc.) For those of you with a ST paying an average of £25 per game, I think you're getting tremendous value in today's market.

And of course our owners don't 'need' to increase ST prices - they're rich beyond they're wildest dreams. So it will be interesting to see what happens. If following City is your priority in life, I'm sure you'll find a way to budget and find the money. Even if it involves begging like I did lol

I was listening to a liverpool fan on the radio at the weekend. He was saying that the locals were being priced out of attending, that the people who live in the surrounding streets can no longer afford to go. He also went on to say that if you go in the club shop before and after the game it's full of foreign tourists, the club advertises for them to come and sample the famous Kop atmosphere yet there's no atmosphere due to the day trippers who don't come to support and the decreasing number of locals.

I met some scousers on holiday a few years back who were a bunch of wankers that fitted the scouse steriotype perfectly but they were fiercely anti glory hunters, and tore shreds of any who tried to chat with them, maybe this has been a long time coming and it needs to be stopped before it gets any worse and completely destroys English football, its roots and supporter heritage.

Ok then, let's disassociate the quality of football with prices. If in 4 seasons we do a Portsmouth and are in League Two, would you be happy to still pay the current price?

I imagine you would be demanding a decrease. Saying we can't be paying the same in League Two as the Prem. So it works both ways.

But we aren't are we, and I was talking quite clearly about our position in this league and the fact it affects how people feel about pricing. If you go for a meal and it tastes nice you'll be more accepting of a high price, rather than if it tasted like crap. But football isn't like that, you expect quality food when ordered... when you go to a game you could be served up a load of rubbish, but you keep going back because you're a fan not a "customer" as the clubs want to treat you

You've said it several times, that you don't mind paying for the quality you're seeing. That might not last, would could end up 17th for the next 10 seasons playing football like a Tony Pulis side... will you be so happy then? You can't have a sliding scale for prices dependent on how happy you are with what you see. If the price goes up now, it's not going back down again if we drift down the league and end up watching crap.

You don't seem to realise we've already had a massive increase in prices as we get less games. Since the 11/12 season (Kop season ticket renewal £358) the prices have gone up from games being £15.56 per game, to currently £21.84... that is a 40.36% per match increase. That's not terrible, I can afford it... but it's not just about me, single match ticket prices have rocketed and the casual fan is being priced out.

We're the richest league in the world and yet the fans get asked to pay more than almost anyone else. Why? Why do we accept that despite the clubs rolling in cash, we have to pay more than a fan in Germany or Spain? The fans in Germany were kicking off the other day as someone wanted to charge them £30 for a game. £30 over there is seen as ridiculously excessive... yet cliff Ginetta thinks £35 a game is fine!?!

Just because that's how it is, doesn't mean that's how it should be. Just because we've continued to accept 40%+ rises over 5 years, doesn't mean we should continue to do so. Not when there is so much more money coming into the game. We're one of the richest clubs in the world already, before the new deal even kicks in. All premier league clubs need to address the issue, we're a long way off being the worst, but again... it's about everyone and not just us.

But we aren't are we, and I was talking quite clearly about our position in this league and the fact it affects how people feel about pricing. If you go for a meal and it tastes nice you'll be more accepting of a high price, rather than if it tasted like crap. But football isn't like that, you expect quality food when ordered... when you go to a game you could be served up a load of rubbish, but you keep going back because you're a fan not a "customer" as the clubs want to treat you

You've said it several times, that you don't mind paying for the quality you're seeing. That might not last, would could end up 17th for the next 10 seasons playing football like a Tony Pulis side... will you be so happy then? You can't have a sliding scale for prices dependent on how happy you are with what you see. If the price goes up now, it's not going back down again if we drift down the league and end up watching crap.

You don't seem to realise we've already had a massive increase in prices as we get less games. Since the 11/12 season (Kop season ticket renewal £358) the prices have gone up from games being £15.56 per game, to currently £21.84... that is a 40.36% per match increase. That's not terrible, I can afford it... but it's not just about me, single match ticket prices have rocketed and the casual fan is being priced out.

We're the richest league in the world and yet the fans get asked to pay more than almost anyone else. Why? Why do we accept that despite the clubs rolling in cash, we have to pay more than a fan in Germany or Spain? The fans in Germany were kicking off the other day as someone wanted to charge them £30 for a game. £30 over there is seen as ridiculously excessive... yet cliff Ginetta thinks £35 a game is fine!?!

Just because that's how it is, doesn't mean that's how it should be. Just because we've continued to accept 40%+ rises over 5 years, doesn't mean we should continue to do so. Not when there is so much more money coming into the game. We're one of the richest clubs in the world already, before the new deal even kicks in. All premier league clubs need to address the issue, we're a long way off being the worst, but again... it's about everyone and not just us.

If you think you should be paying the same price per game for a Championship team and a Premier League team, then you really are living with your head in the clouds.

What an interesting thread, lots of emotion. I remember going Arsenal away in the league cup as a teenager in the late 80's and literally 'begging' for small change outside the ground to buy a ticket to get in as I'd ran out of money (I'd spent what little money I had on petrol, food and a few drinks).

Now I'd quite happily pay £1000 for a ST if one was available - because I think that represents good value for money in today's world. Times have changed and my financial circumstances have also changed.

We're all different and have a different outlook on what's right or wrong depending on our current position. All I can do is compare going to watch City with other forms of entertainment today (the cinema, theatre, other sports etc.) For those of you with a ST paying an average of £25 per game, I think you're getting tremendous value in today's market.

And of course our owners don't 'need' to increase ST prices - they're rich beyond they're wildest dreams. So it will be interesting to see what happens. If following City is your priority in life, I'm sure you'll find a way to budget and find the money. Even if it involves begging like I did lol

How much change did you have to beg for out of interest? Today as a kid/teenager (presuming that's what you were then) you'd have to be begging for notes rather than coins. That's the difference between then and now.

There will be a generation of kids in Leicester, one of the most poverty-stricken cities in the country, who are going to have to grow up thinking their local team is a TV show because people who can afford increases want their fellow matchgoing fans to foot the bill for potential success. That's incredibly sad.

Hmm I didn't notice the price of tickets going down when we were getting worse by the season, then the justification was if you want better players pay up not that we got better players.

At least then any increase would have had a reasonable impact on the clubs ability to get and pay players now it has little or no impact.

to play devils advocate here. the arguement isn't "we are good make it cheaper." its more "the pockets are now lined with a 3x larger tv deal so why are the fans paying the price for transfer fees. 

any club that announces an increase for next season will have a hard time justifying it. 

If you think you should be paying the same price per game for a Championship team and a Premier League team, then you really are living with your head in the clouds.

First of, that's not what I said is it. You don't get it do you, the championship shouldn't be £30 a ticket either, League one shouldn't be £26 a ticket, league two shouldn't be £20 a ticket.... why is it more expensive to watch some league one teams than the top league in Germany?

In the championship, you also don't get £100m TV money, plus millions more in sponsorship etc etc. The premier league clubs do not need the extra £600k that banging on an extra 5% wouldn't cost. And nobody can sit there and say "supply and demand" either, because nobody in this league runs at 100% capacity.

On average 3000 empty seats at Newcastle, 8000 at Villa, 2000 at Palace, 1000 at Spurs, 2000 at Everton, 2000 at West Brom, 2000 at Saints, 6000 at Sunderland almost every week. Go down the leagues and stadiums have empty seats everywhere. Lad at work supports a league one club and had to pay £26 to watch Swindon away in a half empty stadium. It's ludicrous, yet your attitude is why they can get away with it.

Reported the David slimey Cameron is going to investigate the prices of tickets in football.

I think we can safely say we are ****ed if that twat has any involvement.

Well done Liverpool fans for making a stand, because sitting there accepting every over inflation increase, will soon have the price of watching football out of reach of most fans.

Then when you start pricing out parents due to over the top pricing, you run the risk of losing the next generation of fans from attending.

Sadly though, the modern British fan just pays up, no matter the cost, and you can see some attitudes on here, that allows clubs to charge what they want, unaposed

First of, that's not what I said is it. You don't get it do you, the championship shouldn't be £30 a ticket either, League one shouldn't be £26 a ticket, league two shouldn't be £20 a ticket.... why is it more expensive to watch some league one teams than the top league in Germany?

In the championship, you also don't get £100m TV money, plus millions more in sponsorship etc etc. The premier league clubs do not need the extra £600k that banging on an extra 5% wouldn't cost. And nobody can sit there and say "supply and demand" either, because nobody in this league runs at 100% capacity.

On average 3000 empty seats at Newcastle, 8000 at Villa, 2000 at Palace, 1000 at Spurs, 2000 at Everton, 2000 at West Brom, 2000 at Saints, 6000 at Sunderland almost every week. Go down the leagues and stadiums have empty seats everywhere. Lad at work supports a league one club and had to pay £26 to watch Swindon away in a half empty stadium. It's ludicrous, yet your attitude is why they can get away with it.

I'm not on a crusade for all the other clubs. That's their problem. I'm bothered about my club. In all the years I've been going down I've never felt ripped off and at £23 or so a ticket for Premier League football I still don't feel ripped off.

The question I am replying to is about season ticket prices. I don't even know how much we charge for a single game as it doesn't affect me.

So quoting prices of £30 etc is pretty irrelevant in this thread.

How much change did you have to beg for out of interest? Today as a kid/teenager (presuming that's what you were then) you'd have to be begging for notes rather than coins. That's the difference between then and now.

Yes indeed. I was 17 and just passed my driving test. I took four mates down to Highbury in my Talbot Samba and we spent most of the day on the piss (god, the thought of drink driving these days like I did back then is scary). I blew most of my money on beer and fags and realised just before kick off that I hadn't got enough to get in the ground. I guess the ticket was a fiver at most and I was a few quid short. My mates had gone AWOL (probably looking for a fight lol) so I stood outside the away end asking random Leicester fans for 5 or 10p so i could scrape enough together. Sure enough the good folk of Leicester obliged and I managed to see the game. All a bit embarrassing looking back but hey ho! Happy away days...

I'm not on a crusade for all the other clubs. That's their problem. I'm bothered about my club. In all the years I've been going down I've never felt ripped off and at £23 or so a ticket for Premier League football I still don't feel ripped off.

The question I am replying to is about season ticket prices. I don't even know how much we charge for a single game as it doesn't affect me.

So quoting prices of £30 etc is pretty irrelevant in this thread.

No, it's everyone's problem. Because if you sit there year after year accepting 40% price increase in 5 years and then be happy with another 5/10% and then another and then another... you will end up in the same situation. Eventually, it will get to the point where perhaps you can't afford it and you might be bothered then. Hopefully someone tells you "it doesn't affect me" and ignores the fact you've been priced out.

You might not feel like you're being ripped off because you can pay it, but you are. The richest league in the world, with grounds not running at capacity charging fans more than any other league when they do not need the money... it's the very definition of being ripped off.

We are not the worst as I keep repeating, but unless people stand together nothing will change. It's not just about you but everyone.

As for quoting £30 prices, if you hadn't noticed the thread had somewhat moved on to prices in general for quite some time.

No, it's everyone's problem. Because if you sit there year after year accepting 40% price increase in 5 years and then be happy with another 5/10% and then another and then another... you will end up in the same situation. Eventually, it will get to the point where perhaps you can't afford it and you might be bothered then. Hopefully someone tells you "it doesn't affect me" and ignores the fact you've been priced out.

You might not feel like you're being ripped off because you can pay it, but you are. The richest league in the world, with grounds not running at capacity charging fans more than any other league when they do not need the money... it's the very definition of being ripped off.

We are not the worst as I keep repeating, but unless people stand together nothing will change. It's not just about you but everyone.

As for quoting £30 prices, if you hadn't noticed the thread had somewhat moved on to prices in general for quite some time.

The mysterious 40% rise you keep going on about will go right back down again if we drop into the Championship where you will get your 23 games for the price of 19.

Newcastle to freeze ticket prices for next season

Newcastle United have announced plans to reduce ticket prices for under-18s at St. James' Park by up to 54 per cent for next season while prices on adult season tickets will be frozen.

The news comes on the back of a highly-publicised walkout by Liverpool fans last Saturday which saw an estimated 10,000 supporters leave Anfield in the 77th minute of the 2-2 draw with Sunderland.

Liverpool fans are upset with the club's pricing structure for 2016-17, which included a £77 match ticket and a top-priced season ticket of £1,029.

Newcastle believe there is a risk "generations of supporters" could be lost if the cost of attending matches rises too high.

Newcastle managing director Lee Charnley said: "While the debate around Premier League ticket prices continues, we want to ensure watching football at St James' Park remains affordable for as many people as possible.

"There is a clear risk that clubs could lose generations of supporters with the cost being a major factor and we have considered that when setting prices for 2016-17.

liverpool-fan-supporter-protest-ticket-p
Liverpool fans made their feelings known against Sunderland

"We want to encourage more families to attend and ensure that the price of a ticket does not become a barrier for our youngest supporters."

Season tickets for juniors at Newcastle will start at £57 and some individual match tickets for children will be just £3.

The full pricing scheme will be confirmed in the coming weeks but season ticket renewal letters are currently being processed.

The club have also announced they will continue to seek reciprocal deals with other clubs to keep the prices of tickets for away fans affordable.

Liverpool will be smoke and mirrors. They know they want to achieve x amount in ticket revenues for the season.

All they will do is scrap famous the £77 ticket and apportion this reduction onto other seats. In my mind the people sitting in the cheaper seats will suffer. Lets face it, the ground is full of day trippers anyway and these would be the ones likely to be paying the £77 not the long standing season ticket holders.

Back to the thread ! From the club

Currently all supporters enrolled in to the Direct Debit Scheme for the current 2015/16 Season will be automatically carried forward for automatic renewal via the same Direct Debit details for the upcoming 2016/17 Season.

All supporters on the Direct Debit Scheme will be contacted once they have been renewed giving them a date where they can contact The Club to either; opt out completely, change their bank details or change their payment method (if wishing to pay in full). This will be sent via a letter through the post before any payments are taking.

Should anything change with the rolling Direct Debit Scheme and if for any reasons we are not automatically renewing supporters who are currently on Direct Debit we will contact you to explain this with plenty of time of renewals.

Archived