Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Season Ticket Renewal

I don't feel that I've been milked at all in the many years I've had my season ticket. Just over £20 or so match is fair value. Incredible value now considering the increase in the level of entertainment.

We're already paying more than £5 a match more than we were in the champ which I think was something like £17 wasn't it. That's a 35% increase!... and people are happy to pay more again? Then you have match tickets where on average you can fork out what £32-37 a match?

We're nowhere near the worst, but once you start accepting these things it's a slippery slope and seen as an easy way to get your hands on more cash.

Almost every PL game is sold out. Reducing ticket prices would have very little to no impact on lower league clubs.

Take Leyton Orient for example, within a reasonable distance to West Hams new and bigger stadium. If West Ham presumably took the view of reducing their ticket values under pressure from fan base however it brings it in line with / highly competitive to Leyton Orients ticket prices.

With that in mind, would you prefer to watch Orient standing in something similar to a bus shelter or West Ham in a state of the art stadium watching premiership football?

What's wrong with that ?

I care that people are being paid £5-6 an hour to serve me

If the club committed to paying them more I would be happy to pay a little bit more on my ST

Wow are we all that self obsessed that this is seen as a bad thing ?

You do come out with some nonsense. Its not the fans responsibility to pay club staff their wages. Its a club expense which can be paid for by the millions made from TV, Sponsorship, Advertising etc. Staff wages should never, ever be paid directly from ticket income at the fans expense. We aren't in Non-League you know.

What's wrong with that ?

I care that people are being paid £5-6 an hour to serve me

If the club committed to paying them more I would be happy to pay a little bit more on my ST

Wow are we all that self obsessed that this is seen as a bad thing ?

Jesus Christ.... it's not a bad thing, but it's a bad thing to expect us to pay for it when they are happy to hand out £80k a week contracts and they can expect total income to probably hit a couple of hundred million in the next few years. Income in the champ was something like £21m in total, last year we were probably over £100m. If they can pay Vardy a good wage, they can pay their other staff one also without expecting you or I to put our hands in our pockets for them.

Most of the staff down there only work one day, the catering is subcontracted and wages nothing to do with us I imagine. Office staff get decent pay already, or they did. There is probably more money down the back of their sofa than it would need to pay them all a living wage.

Take Leyton Orient for example, within a reasonable distance to West Hams new and bigger stadium. If West Ham presumably took the view of reducing their ticket values under pressure from fan base however it brings it in line with / highly competitive to Leyton Orients ticket prices.

With that in mind, would you prefer to watch Orient standing in something similar to a bus shelter or West Ham in a state of the art stadium watching premiership football?

I'd watch whoever I supported... Hinkley Town had lower ticket prices but I never felt the need to go there instead. I could probably have watched some prem teams for the price it cost us in the champ sometimes... but I didn't, because I don't support them.

I've seen so many comments - not just in this thread which is depressing - but for a while now. Football is supposed to be (or at least was) a working class game. There is absolutely no reason for my season ticket should be increased next season. Lets face it, if we get in Europe they won't be included anyway.

I think Liverpool fans walking out of their game was brilliant to see, the club have said they are looking into pricing because of that. For me it shouldn't even get to that far where your own supporters are walking out but it was nice to see one set of fans make a stand. We should be together as a fan base.

Don't think football was meant to be any class of game

It just happened that the interest in the game grew up around working class industries like milling , docks and railways

It would be lovely if ticket prices freeze

unfortunately society is geared now towards supply and demand (wow I'll get hammered for that :) ) and football is no different

We're already paying more than £5 a match more than we were in the champ which I think was something like £17 wasn't it. That's a 35% increase!... and people are happy to pay more again? Then you have match tickets where on average you can fork out what £32-37 a match?

We're nowhere near the worst, but once you start accepting these things it's a slippery slope and seen as an easy way to get your hands on more cash.

This. It's not about us compared to other clubs, it's about us compared to what is acceptable.

Ticket prices are unacceptable across the board in this country.

Jesus Christ.... it's not a bad thing, but it's a bad thing to expect us to pay for it when they are happy to hand out £80k a week contracts and they can expect total income to probably hit a couple of hundred million in the next few years. Income in the champ was something like £21m in total, last year we were probably over £100m. If they can pay Vardy a good wage, they can pay their other staff one also without expecting you or I to put our hands in our pockets for them.

Most of the staff down there only work one day, the catering is subcontracted and wages nothing to do with us I imagine. Office staff get decent pay already, or they did. There is probably more money down the back of their sofa than it would need to pay them all a living wage.

The son of God has a view on this ?

Wow quotes from Jesus ,

I need to follow you more lol

I pay around £440 a year, I understand this is a lot of money and prices people out of getting a season ticket but overall I'm happy paying that. Reducing ST prices will create a situation with lower league clubs, I'd heard on the radio yesterday that a known League 2 team charge £20 a ticket.. yet these clubs charge those rates for genuine survival. 

Do you know why? Because they are paying an average wage of £1k a week in league two. Stop paying wages you can't bloody afford... it's all about chasing the money. They want to go through the leagues, so they over spend and have to get that cash in somehow.

Don't think football was meant to be any class of game

It just happened that the interest in the game grew up around working class industries like milling , docks and railways

It would be lovely if ticket prices freeze

unfortunately society is geared now towards supply and demand (wow I'll get hammered for that :) ) and football is no different

Why do you think kick off time is 3pm?

To be honest if i didn't have a season ticket(for 13 years now)Ther's no way if i could get a ticket i'd pay what you do on a matchday.Supply and demand i suppose.

Indeed.... when you compare match prices it makes the season ticket look great. But I know so many people who even if they could get a ticket for a game, seriously consider it not worth spending £35 on.

I've seen so many comments - not just in this thread which is depressing - but for a while now. Football is supposed to be (or at least was) a working class game. There is absolutely no reason for my season ticket should be increased next season. Lets face it, if we get in Europe they won't be included anyway.

I think Liverpool fans walking out of their game was brilliant to see, the club have said they are looking into pricing because of that. For me it shouldn't even get to that far where your own supporters are walking out but it was nice to see one set of fans make a stand. We should be together as a fan base.

I agree but haven't you said in another thread you won't be participating in any demo vs Arsenal? Hardly standing together as a fanbase is it?

I agree but haven't you said in another thread you won't be participating in any demo vs Arsenal? Hardly standing together as a fanbase is it?

True point but I just think an early goal is key (like it was Saturday) so while any demonstration towards Sky is welcomed we also need to be behind the team from minute one.

True point but I just think an early goal is key (like it was Saturday) so while any demonstration towards Sky is welcomed we also need to be behind the team from minute one.

People need to look at the broader picture here.

It's not a case of "Oh, actually it's not convenient for a protest this time, I'll do it next time though, promise"

This is a critical point in terms of the progression of the game and the future of it. Fans need to take action and serious action.

The team are a professional set of lads and will deal with it fine, the way the away support has been heading this year they might not even notice. 

Why do you think kick off time is 3pm?

So did rugby games kick off then !

You will be telling me thats a working class game ?

I accept it is popular with working class people football , but I think you should look at who ran the FA in the early years and who owned clubs

Do you know why? Because they are paying an average wage of £1k a week in league two. Stop paying wages you can't bloody afford... it's all about chasing the money. They want to go through the leagues, so they over spend and have to get that cash in somehow.

That will be Controversial with the fools that want to "share the wealth" of the premier league

Demonstrate against the company that can control the pictures

So who exactly Will see this protest ?

Forget protests on Sunday and get behind the team 100%

if people want To protest at Sky why not do it outside sky offices ?

its a no brainer at the moment with the publicity about ticket prices

cut by 10%

the press exposure would be tremendous, and the king power brand shops would recoup the money 100 fold

That would be World class PR and your right might be a game changer

Alas it's not going to happen

Demonstrate against the company that can control the pictures

So who exactly Will see this protest ?

Forget protests on Sunday and get behind the team 100%

if people want To protest at Sky why not do it outside sky offices ?

That would be World class PR and your right might be a game changer

Alas it's not going to happen

Er, everyone watching worldwide on TV maybe?

That said, I look forward to us having a banging away end in the first five minutes judging by the number of people saying they won't be joining the boycott because they want to get behind the lads...

Archived