Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Potentially moved games

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-hams-to-face-manchester-united-in-final-game-at-boleyn-ground-after-fixture-clash-a3187766.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I didn't get it quite right, but the fundamental issue is that the scheduled West Ham v Man United game is due on the same day as the FA Cup Semi Final. Given that the have drawn each other in the Quarters, one of them will be in that semi so the league match will get bumped!

ooh now this i would love to know! 

Why? Why can't you just take it as face value. If it turns out to be true then you give the guy the benefit of the doubt next time. 

All I would ask of the people that seem to have an idea of the new kicks offs. Any idea on when the official announcement will be?

Hope your wrong about Swansea...have booked flights from Dublin  in and out of Birmingham for the Saturday :angry: How definite is your source

I've herd it as well, pretty much every fixture is going to be changed bar the last day which wont for obvious reasons, second hand but it's a source within the club.

I don't actually think they announce final day coverage until they know what's riding on the games, needless to say if we need a result for the league that too will be on TV.

Yep the only games that aren't to be moved are Chelsea as it's the final day, and Palace as it's too late.

Not sure about Everton as it's in May and they hadn't decided up to then...although I think Sky have all of our games, so it's thought that BT may have this one...

Could be wrong but that's what I've been told.

Yep the only games that aren't to be moved are Chelsea as it's the final day, and Palace as it's too late.

Not sure about Everton as it's in May and they hadn't decided up to then...although I think Sky have all of our games, so it's thought that BT may have this one...

Could be wrong but that's what I've been told.

Oh man! I can't wait until we're crap again and we won't have to worry about this kind of thing!

Why? Why can't you just take it as face value. If it turns out to be true then you give the guy the benefit of the doubt next time. 

All I would ask of the people that seem to have an idea of the new kicks offs. Any idea on when the official announcement will be?

cuz I'm a nosey, gossipy bastard? 

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-hams-to-face-manchester-united-in-final-game-at-boleyn-ground-after-fixture-clash-a3187766.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I didn't get it quite right, but the fundamental issue is that the scheduled West Ham v Man United game is due on the same day as the FA Cup Semi Final. Given that the have drawn each other in the Quarters, one of them will be in that semi so the league match will get bumped!

Game will probably go to the last midweek tues or weds then before final games on Sunday.

Last season after we survived at Sunderland, they had a midweek game away at Arsenal before final day, they got a point and stayed up despite losing on the final day. A couple of games were played that midweek I think.

One thing that came to light on that run in was you can't rely on the big teams beating the ones fighting to stay up, one or two surprise results with the so called big four against us plucky little teams, hence Hammers beating Untied on their final Boleyn game.

Game will probably go to the last midweek tues or weds then before final games on Sunday.

Last season after we survived at Sunderland, they had a midweek game away at Arsenal before final day, they got a point and stayed up despite losing on the final day. A couple of games were played that midweek I think.

One thing that came to light on that run in was you can't rely on the big teams beating the ones fighting to stay up, one or two surprise results with the so called big four against us plucky little teams, hence Hammers beating Untied on their final Boleyn game.

I think the irony is with the West Ham v United situation is all the West Ham fans, understandably, wanted the last match to be at home so they could give the Boleyn a proper send off (just as we did at Filbert Street). But the club and league appear to have been a lot more reluctant and gave them a fairly low key home match in the penultimate weekend instead. Now the league are faced with the prospect of United in town for the last match instead. Should be a great occasion!

Shame to see Upton Park go. I know a few 'Ammers and have been telling them to make the most of these last few games. The Olympic Park will be fantastic but they'll be still missing the Boleyn in fifteen years time, just as we hark back to our Filbo days.

Archived