Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Potentially moved games

Just To be pedantic (I'm bored) we won't actually lift the trophy till Sunday May 15th

Allow me to join your pedantry. If there were a siutaion in which we were already champions prior to the Everton game, then I think the presentation would take place at that match (i.e. at home) rather than on the 16th (away). But we are getting miles ahead of ourselves here.

The Premier League want the trophy lifting at a home fixture. If it's done by the final whistle of the Everton game, it'll be then.

Also, I can't remember the trophy ever being lifted at night so if there is a chance we could maybe do it, i can't see the Everton game being the Monday night fixture.

if there's a chance we can genuinely win the league on the second to last game then we'll be 4pm on the sunday. it's always 4pm on the sunday. that way if we win it before then sky will be SHOWING US THE NEW CHAMPIONS... LIVE, and it gives extra chance for all the other games to go against us meaning we have to win to lift the trophy LIVE ON SKY. 

no way would it be saturday or early sunday because we might win and then someone else might lose in a later game and we'd be champions but sky wouldn't have shown us winning it. 

if there's a chance we can genuinely win the league on the second to last game then we'll be 4pm on the sunday. it's always 4pm on the sunday. that way if we win it before then sky will be SHOWING US THE NEW CHAMPIONS... LIVE, and it gives extra chance for all the other games to go against us meaning we have to win to lift the trophy LIVE ON SKY. 

no way would it be saturday or early sunday because we might win and then someone else might lose in a later game and we'd be champions but sky wouldn't have shown us winning it.

It's still a long long way off, but my early thoughts were we'd be 4pm Sunday and Man City, Arsenal would be the earlier game.

Or could it be MNF?

Allow me to join your pedantry. If there were a siutaion in which we were already champions prior to the Everton game, then I think the presentation would take place at that match (i.e. at home) rather than on the 16th (away). But we are getting miles ahead of ourselves here.

You are allowed, correct we are getting way ahead of ourselves I would love for it to be presented at home but the FA don't like to give the trophy out before the last game normally that's why I said it would be the 15th

You are allowed, correct we are getting way ahead of ourselves I would love for it to be presented at home but the FA don't like to give the trophy out before the last game normally that's why I said it would be the 15th

...but they do give the trophy out at the home match if the title is decided early enough. I had some corporate tickets for Man Utd v Arsenal a few years ago. United had won the league and it was their last home match, but not last match of the season and the presentation took place after at Old Trafford.

• Sat 2 Apr: Liverpool v Tottenham (5.30pm)
  • Sun 3 Apr: Leicester v Southampton (1.30pm)
  • Sun 3 Apr: Man Utd v Everton (4pm)
  • Sat 9 Apr: Man City v West Brom (5.30pm)
  • Sun 10 Apr: Sunderland v Leicester (1.30pm)
  • Sun 10 Apr: Tottenham v Man Utd (4pm)
  • Sat 16 Apr: Chelsea v Man City (5.30pm)
  • Sun 17 Apr: Leicester v West Ham (1.30pm)
  • Sun 17 Apr: Arsenal v Crystal Palace (4pm)
  • Mon 18 Apr: Stoke v Tottenham (8pm)
  • Sun 24 Apr: Man City v Stoke (12pm)
  • Sun 24 Apr: Sunderland v Arsenal (2.05pm*)
  • Sun 24 Apr: Leicester v Swansea (4.15pm)
  • Mon 25 Apr: Tottenham v West Brom (8pm)
  • Sat 30 Apr: Arsenal v Norwich (5.30pm)
  • Sun 1 May: Man Utd v Leicester (1.30pm)
  • Sun 1 May: Southampton v Man City (4pm)
  • Mon 2 May: Chelsea v Tottenham (8pm)

Archived