Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Potentially moved games

If we are 5/4 points ahead of Arsenal (and at least 7 ahead of the rest) by the 2nd to last game, then would Everton at home and Man City v Arsenal have to kick-off at the same time?

Or else we could potentially win it not on our own result? (an early Man City win means we've won it before we play Everton OR we lose and a late Man City win means we've won it anyway)

If we are 5/4 points ahead of Arsenal (and at least 7 ahead of the rest) by the 2nd to last game, then would Everton at home and Man City v Arsenal have to kick-off at the same time?

Or else we could potentially win it not on our own result? (an early Man City win means we've won it before we play Everton OR we lose and a late Man City win means we've won it anyway)

Oh my, that would be awful. It angered me enough when that happened in the Championship. It'd be sickening to win the league by having it reported to us through livescore.com rather than win at one of our games.

No, I think the precedent is only for the last game. These things have happened before. Man Utd winning the title while their players watched on a sofa, us getting promoted last season after Bournemouth beat QPR. Just the quirks.

Scheduling will be so critical to Sky, which is why if we are in the running Sunday will be key days. They'll want double/triple headers so they can have narratives like "Leicester extended the gap" or "Leicester slipped up" and whether the team can take advantage or keep in touch.

A couple of years ago they had Liverpool-Chelsea (Gerrard slip) on before Man City played at Palace, so if Liverpool slipped up City could take advantage. They also have to balance that with European dates, so Man Utd play in the Europa Semi-Finals (theoretically of course (and unlikely)) before our game, so it'll have to be a Sunday/Monday just in case, if they decide to schedule that match this week.

I'm guessing the only reason this is taking so long is sky and BT wanted to see what live games they had booked on FA cup weekends like Liverpool v Chelsea would be moved to know how many they have left in their quota. With 5 weeks or so until the first April games it's getting a bit silly now.

I was thinking the hold up might be due to FA Cup/European games this week but there's another round or 2 before April so they still won't know for definite which fixtures are when.

5 weeks notice is terrible

the FA cup wouldnt affect it. the next round is march 12th I believe, even with replays for whoever the games would be played midweek the week before this.

The Champions league and Europa league have no games scheduled for the week before the 2nd April. makes me think its an international week? 

the FA cup wouldnt affect it. the next round is march 12th I believe, even with replays for whoever the games would be played midweek the week before this.

The Champions league and Europa league have no games scheduled for the week before the 2nd April. makes me think its an international week?

Away to Germany 26th March and home to Holland 29th of March

We are doing the annual Text Ellis bike ride for the Manchester United game so makes a big difference to our plans if its an early kick off or moved to the Monday. 

It's the early game on the Sunday  :thumbup:

I've accepted they're pretty much all going to be moved. Just as long as Sunderland gets a 5:30 slot I don't mind.

Correct - 5.30 on the Saturday I believe.

he doesn't. theres not even twitter rumours pointing to this.  someone is trying to say all 5 for april are in the firing line to be moved.

I know somebody at the club that's said this.

I did get told which fixtures were moving, and to when but I can't remember them all...

They are all getting moved from Palace (excluding) to Man United (including). The ones after that are in May so haven't been decided yet, although Chelsea can't be moved so it just leaves Everton.

Definitely said Sunderland was the 5.30 on the Saturday and United will be the early game on the bank holiday Sunday.

There's an interesting situation developing regarding West Ham's last home fixture - which of course is their last at Upton Park. As I understand it, the Premier League scheduled their last home match against Swansea the week before the end of the season (so they are away on the last day). But now their FA Cup match against Man United is due to take place on the same weekend that they were due to face United at home. So that game will now get moved and it seems (according the 'Ammers fans) that the only place for it to go is midweek in the final week - thus a tame Saturday afternoon affair against Swansea as Upton Park's last hurrah will now be midweek mayhem against United!

There's an interesting situation developing regarding West Ham's last home fixture - which of course is their last at Upton Park. As I understand it, the Premier League scheduled their last home match against Swansea the week before the end of the season (so they are away on the last day). But now their FA Cup match against Man United is due to take place on the same weekend that they were due to face United at home. So that game will now get moved and it seems (according the 'Ammers fans) that the only place for it to go is midweek in the final week - thus a tame Saturday afternoon affair against Swansea as Upton Park's last hurrah will now be midweek mayhem against United!

they were meant to be playing watford at home that day. it will get bumped to midweek (march 15th? April 6th?) as long as there are no champions league games on them dates. 

Could be a staggeringly big occasion if true. West Ham v Man Utd for position. It could be fourth if one of the top four get dragged in by those two, or fifth (not so prestigious) which would auto qualify them for the EL group stage, no pre-rounds needed. Add to that Man Utd fans in droves, last game under the lights. There are very few matches not involving Leicester I'd like to attend in the PL, that would be one.

Archived