Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

First World Problems...

Scrolling down on iPad and accidentally +1 something only to then read it :|

im pleased to have my macbook bac back to get that decent res tug on the go once again - the art of balancing a phone in the duvet cave isn't something i've mastered

the amount of times ive been going hammer and tongue and its fallen face down is catastrophic mate

• 2 weeks later...

Just went to the McDonalds drive-thru on Redhill roundabout for a cup of tea on my way back to the office after a long day in site meetings...

"Milk and Sugar?"

"Just some milk thanks"

*hands me the goods*

I drive off as I'm in a hurry, get stuck at some lights and decide to make my tea, only to discover that I have been given 3 packs of sugar and no milk. Nightmare!

Ages ago they often didn't have holes in.  Please explain this clearly backward step!

have you checked the country of origin on the packets? it could be the moulder in that country. 

I'm genuinely finding this quite interesting! i'd love to know if there is any logic behind whether companies put holes in the bottom of packs of fruit or not?

I'm genuinely finding this quite interesting! i'd love to know if there is any logic behind whether companies put holes in the bottom of packs of fruit or not?

long story short it depends on where the plastic has come from and who moulds it. they will import the grapes from other countries at this time of the year as main grape producing countries such as france wont have any ready yet so the boxes are moulded in the country and packed there to save costs. they dont all follow the same mould (or the same plastic) so you will notice small differences as well in clarity, rigidness and stiffness too....wow im sad. 

long story short it depends on where the plastic has come from and who moulds it. they will import the grapes from other countries at this time of the year as main grape producing countries such as france wont have any ready yet so the boxes are moulded in the country and packed there to save costs. they dont all follow the same mould (or the same plastic) so you will notice small differences as well in clarity, rigidness and stiffness too....wow im sad. 

That sounds entirely plausible and because I'm in a better mood, forgiveable.

I must confess, I rarely check where stuff has come from, unlike my mother, who even now refuses to buy anything from France because of industrial action taken by French farmers in the 1980s.

Let it go, woman

I must confess, I rarely check where stuff has come from, unlike my mother, who even now refuses to buy anything from France

A true English hero.

I must confess, I rarely check where stuff has come from, unlike my mother, who even now refuses to buy anything from France because of industrial action taken by French farmers in the 1980s.

Let it go, woman

Buying a punnet of grapes, melons or whatever in April. It's imported, and not from France.

Having a takeaway tonight. What I want from the kebab house only comes to £6.20 but it's a £10 minimum order for delivery. I can't go out cos the boy is ready for bed. I don't want to order an extra £3.80 worth of food not to eat it.

I am now forced to order a curry and spend £14! Madness

Having a takeaway tonight. What I want from the kebab house only comes to £6.20 but it's a £10 minimum order for delivery. I can't go out cos the boy is ready for bed. I don't want to order an extra £3.80 worth of food not to eat it.

I am now forced to order a curry and spend £14! Madness

I always just order a coca cola bottle to make up the difference surely someone in your household like coca cola?

Edited by The Blur

Let it go, woman

Reminds me of a story my Dad told me about when he first moved to Norfolk in the 80s and went down the local corner shop. The gentleman in the queue in front of him asked if the fruit was from South Africa. As said gentleman was walking out, one of the shop assistants turned to the other and said, "well, you wouldn't have thought he'd mind it being touched by a black man".

I always just order a coca cola bottle to make up the difference surely someone in your household like coca cola?

Already got a cupboard full of diet cola so I don't see that as worthwhile. Ordered a mad chicken garlic chilli curry from spice cube mountsorrel. It's rocking

Going in a charity shop and seeing a book I had  my eye on being taken out the window and sold to another peron who had entered a moment before me. Then browsing the shop while the assistant was busy, going back to the window and seeing that another book I wanted had also gone. 

There was an Alliance Leicester City shirt in there. Never looked at the size though.

Edited by Rincewind

• 2 weeks later...

The other half watching a telly programme in standard definition when she could just as easily be watching the HD version of the channel

Is HD really anybetter though? the only time i notice a significant difference is when i watch sport in HD, other programs just seem pointless

Is HD really anybetter though? the only time i notice a significant difference is when i watch sport in HD, other programs just seem pointless

Well it depends on your set up, viewing distance etc.

I sit relatively close to a 40" telly and although it's not like the SD content is unwatchable, the HD broadcasts are loads better and Blu-ray looks ace.  Slightly older tellies are often not full HD, (the old 'HD Ready' standard isn't as good as full 1080p) so the difference won't be as noticeable on those.

On tellies bigger than that the difference is more pronounced, but less so if you're sitting a long way away, obviously.

Far more detail than you needed or wanted, as usual.  Don't start me on 4K