Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Leicester 1 - 0 Newcastle post-match

Think our approach changed after we scored, we hardly looked like conceding, and it felt if we had we had a gear or two left.... Having watched Leicester chase games being closed out by winning opposition, for many years,it was great to see us close this one down so competently.....

Entitlement is a funny thing - of course people can (within the bounds of decency) express any and all opinions, but it is often (not always) people who plead 'my rights' who then have little or no respect for anyone else's.

I think what those slightly less hawkish writers are trying to say is cut the lads some slack - they are trying to do something unprecedented. And for me, I thought there were so many positives from Monday, it is so unrealistic to expect ANY team to play well every single match.

What's going on is extraordinary - yes even Monday was, in its own way - and given the added loading of Spurs having won on Sunday and Benitez having just arrived, it made the achievement all the more exceptional.

This is pretty much how I see it. The stress and pressure as we approach the final stretch is bound to take effect, and it has. And we are also bound to slow down a little after playing such an all action, high-tempo style for so much of this season. Think more people need to take the considerations that go with that.

Also, just touching on the McClaren/Benitez saga (which really concerned me, as it was being played out in the media), we may have won that more comfortably had the match not been pushed back a day and a half to the Monday evening, as Benitez wouldn't have had those 2 training sessions with the team. SKY altering things put us at a disadvantage in my view. Well, that's what's helping me sleep at night!

Think our approach changed after we scored, we hardly looked like conceding, and it felt if we had we had a gear or two left.... Having watched Leicester chase games being closed out by winning opposition, for many years,it was great to see us close this one down so competently.....

that's not how it looked on the touchline

Claudio was livid approaching the break and shinji has confirmed he laid into them at the break

I was expecting a better second period. I am a tad concerned pre selhurst. lets hope we see a better performance than the last time we played there

Claudio was livid approaching the break and shinji has confirmed he laid into them at the break

I was expecting a better second period. I am a tad concerned pre selhurst. lets hope we see a better performance than the last time we played there

It might not have been planned by Ranieri, but we certainly seemed to take the foot of the gas a little to me.

Newcastle had a couple of decent chances second half. Especially the one where Mitrovic laid it back and Albrighton got back to clear the ball.

Whilst I would like us to win at Selhurst Park, it wouldn't be a total disaster should we lose. The bigger match by far was against Newcastle - Had we lost, knowing that Spurs had played the day before and won, we would have been under massive pressure to go to Palace and get the 3 points, as a loss or even a draw would see us losing top spot, should they beat Bournemouth. That would mean an excruciating 2 week break, knowing that we'd have to beat Southampton and they'd need to slip up again in order to let us back in.

Don't get me wrong, I am concerned at the way we seem to be letting the other teams dictate play for considerable spells. But as I've said before, that's clearly a combination of the team having slowed down (given the high tempo we've been playing this past 6 months), and the insane pressure that's building with every match due to how close we are to pulling off one of the greatest sporting achievements of all time.

That said, I have a feeling we will get a second wind at some point and Spurs are bound to drop points vs Liverpool, Man Utd, Stoke, West Brom, Chelsea, etc.

Whilst I would like us to win at Selhurst Park, it wouldn't be a total disaster should we lose. 

But ...   if we win and the spuds lose my confidence will go sky high and I'll probably have to start wearing nappies. 

Everyone is edgy both players and Fans because we've given ourselves the best opportunity to win the league.

I said two games ago that the next four games were crucial simply because they're all winnable. With two games played and won.

If we can win the next two I believe it will be difficult for Spurs to catch us. As they have five tough games coming up and then

Out of those 5 I think they'll lose at least two  Liverpool, Chelsea. That would put us 11 points ahead which surely would be enough. That's why I think the next two are vital to win. Don't give Spurs any hope that they can overtake us.

Onwards and Upwards we go.

Archived