Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Renart

With 7 games to play, where do you think we will finish the season?

346 members have voted

1. 1. With 7 games to play, where do you think we will finish the season?

• Champions
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

At my most Optimistic I have

Us - 3 Wins, 2 Draws, 2 Defeats for 77pts

Arsenal - 6 Wins, 2 Defeats for 73pts

Spurs  - 3 Wins, 2 Draws 2 Defeats for 72pts

Man City - 6 Wins, 2 Draws for 71pts 

Man U - 6 Wins, 1 Draw, 1 defeat for 69 pts

There's no way Spurs will drop that many points. They might draw a couple of matches but I don't see them losing any at all. Arsenal's run in is very easy with the exception of West ham away and City away who may be shot by then in any case. Personally I think Arsenal will get 75/76 points and Spurs 78/80. Not sure Man utd will win 6 of their remaining matches. They will lose at Spurs for definite.

A Leicester fan I was speaking to yesterday said he wouldn't be disappointed at all if we didn't win the title because of what we've already achieved. I might have agreed 2 months ago but we have led for so long and we are so close to the end. I'd be so gutted.

I think people have noticed that our standard of play has dropped off a bit. We have sneaked through against bottom half sides but there must be a question mark now as a tougher run is coming. On a more positive note, Spurs run-in looks pretty tough to me.

35% non believers.......how daft is that???

That is in comparison to 26% non believers two games ago. what has happened? We have won both of those games. Why are we more nervous? The form of Spurs? Disbelief? The nature of our wins? 

It does seem strange that we have two games less to play and and we are closer to the title and yet confidence appears to be wavering. The thing is I understand it - inexplicably I am also less confident than I was two games ago. I still think we will win it but I certainly do not have the same feeling as I did then. Discuss. 

Edit: Sorry, I missed the post by @@David Lowe above, which begins to address some of these reasons.

My thought is the performance has changed with the teams we have played lately...not dropped off. Most of the year we have played with far less possession which plays into our hands. Early in the year these lower placed teams looked at us like the Leicester of yore but this time around have given us some respect.

We've had to adapt our play whereas teams like Spurs have been treated like a top 4 team all year. The tougher the competition the more electric we are and this will show against the likes off Southampton, West Ham etc...these games allow us to open up in a fast paced attack because these teams will have more possession as its the way they always play.

Anyway this is how I see it playing out which gives me a huge amount of confidence going into the final 7 games

OK, with an appropriate libation to the football gods:

I am now convinced that the Foxes will win their first ever premiership title.

Leicester and Spurs each have seven games to play, for a total (for each of them) of 21 points.

Leicester's average points per game throughout the season has been 2.13. 

Spurs, currently 5 points behind the Foxes, have been averaging 1.97 points per game.

Extrapolating these averages out to the end of the season, would suggest that LCFC will gain a further 14.91 points. Spurs, on the other hand, will gain just 13.79 points.

These figures suggest a final result of LCFC on 80.91 points, and Spurs on 74.79, which, in turn, would suggest that LCFC will win the title with one (quite possibly two) games in hand.

I sense that this was the basis of Alex Ferguson's recent prediction of LCFC winning the title with a game or two in hand.

If the Foxes maintain their season average, then to overtake them, Spurs have to up their points average to a massive 2.84 points per game over the remaining seven games. Essentially, they have to win every one of their remaining games.

And Arsenal? Oh, yes, Arsenal. Well, they can just f£$%^ off and die....

Come on, Spurs next 5

Liverpool a

Manchester United h

Stoke a

West Brom h

Chelsea a

If anybody seriously thinks they'll win all 5 you are deluded.

If they do, they deserve every to win the title

Even if they do, there's nothing to say we won't.

I don't think our standards have dropped at all. Quite the opposite. Our Opponents are giving us respect and we've had to change our game.

At the beginning of the season when we were leaking goals but scoring for fun we kept being reminded by every man and his dog that "Attack wins games, Defence wins Championship"

At the end of the day whoever comes out on top will have deserved it.

I voted 2nd. I've seen it before, it's human nature, city fans will get way too excited, as at Crystal Palace. I fear it will find its way to the players and they will get nervous. It hasn't happened yet though, and we have a good grounding set of players and staff.

I voted 2nd. I've seen it before, it's human nature, city fans will get way too excited, as at Crystal Palace. I fear it will find its way to the players and they will get nervous. It hasn't happened yet though, and we have a good grounding set of players and staff.

This voted 2nd, don't get the shock from some that 35% have voted 2nd.

There is a long way to go, agree with your post, over confidence can be as bad as none, but there is no drama about saying second, it's not going to change the outcome.

If we win it, brilliant, if we finish second, will be disappointed, but still great, from the expectation from the start of the season, no matter what happens, it's a win, win end to the season.

Champions 1st, I have voted 1st on this poll always, ever since it was made. We are gonna take the title, its already written, nothing can stop the journey now, we will probably win it by a fair margin too 6-7 points. 

Ditto. It's written in the stars.

Also, the Spurs will snap.

Come on, Spurs next 5

Liverpool a

Manchester United h

Stoke a

West Brom h

Chelsea a

If anybody seriously thinks they'll win all 5 you are deluded.

If they do, they deserve every to win the title

Even if they do, there's nothing to say we won't.

I agree. I think spurs are paper tigers to some extent. They've picked up 43 out of a possible 54 points against the bottom half of the table. They've only accumulated 18 out of 39 possible points against the top half. 

Out of their next 5, their reverse fixtures have been:

Liverpool (H) 0-0

Manchester United (A) 0-1

Stoke (H) 2-2

West Brom (A) 1-1

Chelsea (H) 0-0

They haven't beaten any of these teams so far this season, so It's hard to fathom that they will win 4 or 5 of these matches.

It may sound like an obvious thing to say but we were the 1st team to 50 points, the 1st team to 60 points, and if we can repeat the pattern again and be the 1st team to 70 points, I have a feeling we'll be able to consolidate the remaining points needed to claim the title before Spurs can catch us. With the nerves that are creeping in - for all the teams in the top 4 - of course it's not rubber stamped as a certainty. But if we can get over the hump and into the 70's before Spurs, it will be very difficult for them - number of games left-wise and psychologically.

Think we'll do it.

Obviously we're a bit nervous as fans but we've seen out the 1-0s professionally enough to make me have a bit of faith.

It could have been more convincing on Saturday, for an hour we were great.

Spurs getting 5 more points than us is going to be fairly difficult.

I agree. I think spurs are paper tigers to some extent. They've picked up 43 out of a possible 54 points against the bottom half of the table. They've only accumulated 18 out of 39 possible points against the top half. 

Out of their next 5, their reverse fixtures have been:

Liverpool (H) 0-0

Manchester United (A) 0-1

Stoke (H) 2-2

West Brom (A) 1-1

Chelsea (H) 0-0

They haven't beaten any of these teams so far this season, so It's hard to fathom that they will win 4 or 5 of these matches.

Thank you! I tried to say the same thing - though not as eloquently and factually put as yourself - and probably came off as being bitter and conceited.

Despite us all having to play each other twice in a season, the way fixtures are arranged really can benefit certain teams. And I think Spurs are possibly the best example of that, this season.

Obviously they have to then carry that winning momentum into the tougher matches for it to be truly beneficial. But when they lose to West Ham, then draw with 10 man Arsenal, after playing the Palace's, Norwich's and Swansea's of this world and needing an undeserved penalty and late winner vs City, it does suggest that they will need to show something they've never shown so far this season, in order to win their next 5 matches.

Archived