Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Renart

With 7 games to play, where do you think we will finish the season?

346 members have voted

1. 1. With 7 games to play, where do you think we will finish the season?

• Champions
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

Let's look at the remaining fixtures.

Spurs:

Liverpool (A)
Man Utd (H)
Stoke (A)
West Brom (H)
Chelsea (A)
Southampton (H)
Newcastle (A)

Fully expect them to drop points against Liverpool and Chelsea, while Newcastle fighting for relegation under a manager who is known for playing defensive football could prove a stumbling block. Man Utd, of all teams, have the best big match record this season. Think they'll get ~13 points from 21 possible.

Arsenal:

Watford (H)
West Ham (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
West Brom (H)
Sunderland (A)
Norwich (H)
Man City (A)
Aston Villa (H)

Extremely easy run-in tbh. Only West Ham and Man City away somewhat difficult. Though City are pathetic this season and have an abysmal record against big teams. They'll probably get ~20 points or so from 24. Which means they'll overtake Spurs by 1 point and end the season with 75.

Leicester got this.

Or in other words: Pls win the title. Pls. 

Nervously voted Champions.

I understand not voting first, but I don't understand anyone who thinks we're gonna finish behind Spurs, Arsenal and Man City/West Ham/United. They must have no faith in our team at all.It would be a monumental collapse on our part, not to mention pretty perfect form to let teams who are 15 points behind us with 8 left overtake us. 

spot on with the bookies odds, whats daft about it?

shows the forum is well balanced

Well, it's daft to me. The question was where do you think we will finish? Well balanced.....it's not an election. Surprises me to think after all we have gone through and all this team has given some still think we will come second. It would appear from the results and performances we are the best team but I guess you don't think so. Call it superstition or whatever you want but in my mind you don't see us being good enough to win. Hence you think we will come second.

If we had a poor 7 games we might still get 10ish points.

76 means Spurs need 15 from their last 7 to win on gd. This pretty accurately reflects their current form so is doable but their run in looks tough (both Liverpool and Stoke are high in form table). They've shown themselves capable of those kind of runs mind.

But then we haven't been as bad as 10 from 7 all season. If we can get 13 points, win 4, draw 1, lose 2, then it would be very tough for them. Just got to keep our heads.

In 1963, with six games to go, I watched as we played Man United and beat them 4-3. We went top (we'd not been out of the top three since the previous Boxing Day) and dumped Man U deep in relegation-fighting poo. A couple of weeks later, I went to Hillsborough to see us beat Liverpool to get through to the FA Cup Final, where we would also play Man United.

As a 17 year old, I remember thinking that we really could win the Double, just a couple of years after Spurs had beaten us in the Final to win theirs. Then, a few days after the United 4-3, we drew with Wolves in our final home game (which I missed), then we lost to West Brom (who finished 14th), Bolton (18th), Villa (14th) and Birmingham City (20th). We finished 4th, a week before the Cup Final on 25th May. That was Man U's 8th match in May 1963 (our 5th) and they beat us 3-1.

So, as a seasoned pessimist, I am refusing to think we can be Champions until we are seven points ahead when we play Everton.

In 1963, with six games to go, I watched as we played Man United and beat them 4-3. We went top (we'd not been out of the top three since the previous Boxing Day) and dumped Man U deep in relegation-fighting poo. A couple of weeks later, I went to Hillsborough to see us beat Liverpool to get through to the FA Cup Final, where we would also play Man United.

As a 17 year old, I remember thinking that we really could win the Double, just a couple of years after Spurs had beaten us in the Final to win theirs. Then, a few days after the United 4-3, we drew with Wolves in our final home game (which I missed), then we lost to West Brom (who finished 14th), Bolton (18th), Villa (14th) and Birmingham City (20th). We finished 4th, a week before the Cup Final on 25th May. That was Man U's 8th match in May 1963 (our 5th) and they beat us 3-1.

So, as a seasoned pessimist, I am refusing to think we can be Champions until we are seven points ahead when we play Everton.

Yes, I was the same as you, as a 16 year old, and the memory of that season remains vivid. A heart breaking end to what could have been a truly memorable season. This is why I have put us to finish second.

Let's pray that Claudio has a wonderful end to his season, and not suffer as Matt Gillies did.

Yes, I was the same as you, as a 16 year old, and the memory of that season remains vivid. A heart breaking end to what could have been a truly memorable season. This is why I have put us to finish second.

Let's pray that Claudio has a wonderful end to his season, and not suffer as Matt Gillies did.

Yes. If I were religious, I would pray...

Somehow I think we might just do it this season, although when I think that I recall one of the old guys who used to go with us on the train from Loughborough back in the early 60s. He remembered going to every home game in the 28-29 season, where we finished second, one point behind Sheff Weds. He'd watched us beat Bolton 6-1 on the final day, knowing that Wednesday had a three-point lead (they lost 4-1 to Villa). If we had won rather than drawn the previous match against Huddersfield, we'd have been champions. And he said he still thought about that every day - after 34 years, and having fought in WW2!

Guest LCFC_World

In the past 8 games we have had some tough games against Liverpool, Man City, Watford? arsenal etc and have got a lot it points so what's to say we can't repeat that? Goal difference if the main thing that worries me at the moment but we have to believe. If we get nervous that will translate on to the pitch so just carry on as we have been.

We will never experience something like this again, and I can't believe it's happening to us. This is the most shocking thing I've ever witnessed in football, the whole world is watching and admiring us and I'm part of it... Wow.

If you were in a coma for the last year and the first question you asked was, how are Leicester getting on this year?

Then someone told you we were 5pts clear at the top of the table your immediate thought would be, ah we must have got relegated last season after all.

What a great thought.

Lets say we still had now communications of the 70s,80s or even 90s.

"One dropped out" went travelling to far stretched destinations/corners of

the world for a year from April 2015.Returning for the up and coming Sunderland game.

I did travel like this in the 70s + 80s, meeting coincidentally a good friend who was my bestman

in Mexico. IF he had told me, or tried to explain these last 2 seasons, I'd of told him to

quit doing the mexican hat dance, and hand over the tequilla.

FFs we are Leicester, this just doesnt happen to us..do a runner from guerrillas and Bandits,

Be thankfull that mountain tribes (smugglers and bandits) protect your back w h ile travelling

mountain backroads, get chased by Leopards, Find fresh Tiger tracks, while backtracking

previous path taken. Drive over mountainlandslide, with your own kids looking from outside,

looking at you, looking at a 1000meter sheer drop.

Get out of your expidition wagon, in the dark jungle, fall over the local known massive

locally stubborn wild-boar.Then stand back-up and gaze at the amazing night sky,

forgetting the danger.Go back bed, then wake up with a call from your new day, just

turned up ranger, that a young Tiger was on the prowl, and was ruffled because of the

scuff marks just under the wagon steps.

You travel over the himalayas, then fly to new lands to trek through the mexican savannas, and

rainforest...taking a break to marry in Mexico, bumping into a friend you have' nt seen for 5 years.

He being 1.90 meters and blonde, amist millions of Small mexicans and indians,

He with a straight face, asks 'what are you doing here' I reconter 'looking for a Bestman'.

Then the donk says innocently...by the way the City are 1st 5pts clear with 7 games to go.

Come on whst would you do..

...Girlfriend/future wife, would runaway screaming looneys, all bloody looneys :):(

I have a bottle of beer my sister bought that she got from Spain with Leicester on it. (in my sig) Should I open it if they win the title?

I would like to save it though. Drink it on my deathbed maybe.

As for my prediction I do not like to tempt fate so will go with second. Any higher it will be a bonus.

I have a bottle of beer my sister bought that she got from Spain with Leicester on it. (in my sig) Should I open it if they win the title?

I would like to save it though. Drink it on my deathbed maybe.

As for my prediction I do not like to tempt fate so will go with second. Any higher it will be a bonus.

With any luck it won't be any good by then.

I'd be gutted if we don't win, but I think it'll be close. Spurs have Newcastle on the last day and I'm really hoping NU have to get a result on that day. I went for 2nd I just think it's to soon not to think they'll be some twists to go before the season is over

Ranieri will do everything he can to find a way to win this. A couple of games back.....a tie was immanent and he went for the win by bringing on another forward. 3pts from 1. Maybe it's hope but something feels so right here. 50 years supporting Leicester and to me this is our time.

I'm hopeful but not confident. I'll wait to see how Spurs do over the next couple of tough fixtures. I'm also hoping Drinks and Vardy come back international duty okay. I'm not so bothered about Kane however.

I'm a glass half full type of person

Last year end jan I did the predictor thing and had us safe (just)

That gave me hope and although the hull fixture derailed that, it ended up being justified.

Did the same beginning feb and we won by 4 pnts (77) from citeh with Spurs 5th. - hmmmmm

Redid it last week and we again won by 4 points (79) from Spurs .

Ive been telling everyone at work that this was over since the man city game

considering my usual half full nature, that should tell you enough. stop worrying. The players know what needs to be done.

Archived