Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

What mobile phone should I go for?

Got my new 6s a month ago but d'you know what if i knew it was coming and with hindsight I would have gone for the new SE .....     just that bit smaller but packed with the same goodies.

Mrs CF's mother got her little Nokia out the other day (oo er missus) and I got all nostalgic.    

I've just been emailed 7 screen dumps from an Iphone of an email.  Why not just forward me the email you complete plank?

This is what I mean when I talk about people spending huge amounts on devices where they're not really using their potential.

Off topic (because nothing to do with mobile phones), but yesterday someone sent me a picture of a document that was about the size of a postage stamp (the picture of it, not the document).  I had to explain to them that what they'd sent me wasn't a tiny thumbnail of an attached larger document, but was actually a tiny picture of that document that even a super intelligent mouse would struggle to read

UPDATE:

My boss let me spend alittle more cash and hence going for Nexus 6p, hopefully arrive tomorrow so I can post on the site again!!

Interesting debate, for the same amount I could have gone for an Iphone etc, but the apps as far better on Andriod!!  

• Like 1

Don't get an iPhone.

I'm not saying that as some Android loving loonatic. But they really are superior.

I understand that iPhones are a fashion statement and they have lovely build quality, but Android really has caught up and has now overtaken Apple.

Any post 2014/2015 Android device is worth having. I currently have a HTC One M8 and i've given it a rough ride but it's only got a slight dint in the back. My old iPhone used to crack when you looked at it.

The features might not have the fancy names that the iPhones do, but they just are better. 

How is the build quality and whether it is cracked or not got anything to do with if it's an Android? :crylaugh: Android is the operating system... you know, the software on it lol

not really, they at least fix these issues very quickly. With android? You are waiting a year with any kind of update.

Samsung phones have lagged out of the box which isn't good when they don't fix these issues. The S7 though I hope is better

Not with a Nexus. Which is the only Android phone I'd get. Updates each month. Clean and simple.

• 2 weeks later...

On a Vodafone payg with their house phone the smart ultra 6. Lovely big screen and decent enough GHz for a smart phone of its price (quad core 1.5 and another quad core 1.0). Had difficulty streaming the spurs game on it earlier though so need to do more testing to determine its usefulness as a streaming platform. Can't complain about web access otherwise.

• 1 month later...

Got around £200 to play with for a pay as you go or sim-free android, ordered an LG G4 off Ebay and had to cancel it soon after reading about a bootloop issue that bricks the phone with little warning and the fix being a new motherboard, wouldve been a beauty otherwise. Now I'm looking at a range of options from the Moto G4 thats released sometime next month, a Sony z3+ thats on offer at the moment and a wide range of Chinese made, sketchily sourced bargains like the soon to be released 'Umi Super' - https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10013263/4882700-umi-super-5-5-octa-core-marshmallow-lteand the pretty well known Xiaomi Redmi 3 pro - http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_308823.html

Pretty versatile in what I'd be willing to accept. Build quality and reliability ahead of speccs but I still want a great screen and camera in particular, with little overheating issues ect. no fussed about gaming on a mobile beyond emulators and FM.

Edited by SpazticChicken

• 1 year later...

Just ordered myself a Google Pixel 2 XL. Currently got a Galaxy S7 Edge, love Android but the handset has been a let down, the only button that works now is the power button on the side lol. Can't get excited by Apple anymore having previously been an iPhone user.

3 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Just ordered myself a Google Pixel 2 XL. Currently got a Galaxy S7 Edge, love Android but the handset has been a let down, the only button that works now is the power button on the side lol. Can't get excited by Apple anymore having previously been an iPhone user.

Genuinely never had a single issue with s7 edge in 18 months. Best phone I've ever had.

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I've had Sony's for years now, and wouldn't change. The sound and screen  quality is excellent, never had a problem with them, and the camera is fantastic. 

Im way over due for an upgrade.  Been running the s5 for 3.5 years now. Trying to get the most from my money.

The wife has a sony z2 and my word yhe camera is way better than its competitor (my s5). Not sure how the newer sonys compare to the s8 but I imagine camera wise they are good.

20 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Im way over due for an upgrade.  Been running the s5 for 3.5 years now. Trying to get the most from my money.

The wife has a sony z2 and my word yhe camera is way better than its competitor (my s5). Not sure how the newer sonys compare to the s8 but I imagine camera wise they are good.

The new Sonys aren't remotely in the same league as the new Samsung flagships anymore. When factoring in cost I'd say for the money the Oneplus 5t is the best phone out, think it's going to be around 500quid and will be superb for the money. 

• Like 1