Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Kasabian @ King Power 28th May 2016

It literally turned a crowd of maybe 1000 people into a headlining act size of crowd in the space of 20 minutes. Word travelled fast and everyone wanted to see the crazy band with the towel-shitting frontman. Genius move in retrospect.

It literally turned a crowd of maybe 1000 people into a headlining act size of crowd in the space of 20 minutes. Word travelled fast and everyone wanted to see the crazy band with the towel-shitting frontman. Genius move in retrospect.

lol, towel shitting frontman!

Social media and snapchat has a strong proportion of responsibility for some of the odd behaviour spotted nowadays.

It happens but it's still a pretty cvnty thing to do.

Oh yeah, I've been to my fair share of gigs and seen all sorts of trouble, mainly caused by bell ends who cant handle their drink.

Also went to the Oasis Wembley gig in 2009, ended up in the front standing section as me and my mates got in super early. Didn't get soaked by anything (other then rain as the weather was s**te), even had Reverend and the Makers standing in front of us for a bit.

And if you think that was bad you never went to Download festival in its earlier years lol . Vividly remember turning to look at the crowd behind me and seeing a swarm bottles flying through the air. Some idiots even filled them with stones, amazed I didn't cop one in the head.

The most weird/funny one has to be the guy who blew up a condom and spat in to make it look like spunk and let it float through the crowd. Never seen so many people try and avoid something so much lol

They'd eat Kasabian for breakfast tbf. lol

I love DEP one of my favourite live bands, I must admit though that the first time I saw them I did think I was going to die.  Numerous incidents of Ben Weinman hanging upside down from stage lights playing guitar, being held aloft by the crowd playing solos and a ridiculous amount of jumping of balconies since and I can't get enough.

Mike Patton recorded and EP with DEP and as you may or may not now he was the man that took a dump and put it in a hair dryer so that the next person to use it well you can guess the rest.

If it was the Saturday night and Reverend & the Makers were also on then that's the best gig I've ever been.

That's the first time ever Reverend and the Makers and "best gig" have been used in the same sentence. We thought we'd go and see them last year at Beni to kill some time before someone else came on and it was like watching me dad dancing about reeling out cliches to get the crowd going - "left side, gimme a scream" etc

Also went to the Oasis Wembley gig in 2009, ended up in the front standing section as me and my mates got in super early. Didn't get soaked by anything (other then rain as the weather was s**te), even had Reverend and the Makers standing in front of us for a bit.

And if you think that was bad you never went to Download festival in its earlier years lol . Vividly remember turning to look at the crowd behind me and seeing a swarm bottles flying through the air. Some idiots even filled them with stones, amazed I didn't cop one in the head.

The most weird/funny one has to be the guy who blew up a condom and spat in to make it look like spunk and let it float through the crowd. Never seen so many people try and avoid something so much lol

Early download as in Monsters of rock? Used to be 5 litre bottles of god knows what flying around there.

That's the first time ever Reverend and the Makers and "best gig" have been used in the same sentence. We thought we'd go and see them last year at Beni to kill some time before someone else came on and it was like watching me dad dancing about reeling out cliches to get the crowd going - "left side, gimme a scream" etc

Ha.

They weren't the reason for it being the 'best gig' I did enjoy there set but it was all about Kasabian & Oasis.

• 11 months later...

What a night!

It's a year tomorrow since I went. I guess this weekend marks the end of a mad month 1 year ago.

Don't know about anyone else but my Facebook has been going mad this month with the timehop/on this day memory things and I very rarely use Facebook!

The club put this out a week or two ago

'Coming soon' as good as that mini documentary is I was hoping for a DVD or something, I'm still hoping! Lol.

Awesome gig - I was in a weird euphoric bubble...disbelief mixed with pure joy. Saw them on the second night and it was one of those gigs that you just felt like hugging everyone :)   

Happy memories

Me and missus Vac got tickets to day two.

She ran the Liverpool Marathon that day and we arrived in Leicester to find most of the audience, on a warm bank holiday Sunday, pissed out their skulls.

Great,  unforgettable gig, though....

Archived