Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Kasabian @ King Power 28th May 2016

I'm not a Kasabian fan, but I don't like to think that I might be missing out on things, so I had a walk down to the stadium last night in the hope of picking up a cheap ticket. I hung around for a bit before getting a seating ticket for £20 off of a tout. I then sat at the back of Block M for the duration of Kasabian's set, with most of the row to myself, looking down on the mayhem below. I've never felt so distanced from fellow human beings as I did last night. I realise it was a celebration, but a lot of people who were there need to have a word with themselves, and probably did this morning.

I think I got my £20 worth, although Tom Meighan is not my idea of a frontman. Too fat, and too not good.

Probs coz you were sat on your own with most of the row to yourself.

I'm not a Kasabian fan, but I don't like to think that I might be missing out on things, so I had a walk down to the stadium last night in the hope of picking up a cheap ticket. I hung around for a bit before getting a seating ticket for £20 off of a tout. I then sat at the back of Block M for the duration of Kasabian's set, with most of the row to myself, looking down on the mayhem below. I've never felt so distanced from fellow human beings as I did last night. I realise it was a celebration, but a lot of people who were there need to have a word with themselves, and probably did this morning.

I think I got my £20 worth, although Tom Meighan is not my idea of a frontman. Too fat, and too not good.

I'm thrilled for the club and fans that the live events have largely gone down a treat and generally capped an unbelievable season and the most important part of the club's history.

But I thought I was the only one that thought Kasabian were overrated. Know that will be seen as a cardinal sin among many, just feel their music is a let-down. I see a lot of shapes and visuals but the music just doesn't correlate to me. Always feels lightweight and lacking in drive. Just my humble opinion though and I'm glad the majority enjoyed themselves.

Fat? The mans been quite rightly been celebrating all season and has put a few on as have many of us I am sure

Exactly, don't blame him. Really should stop for a good month or so and give the liver a rest, but I'm in constant party mode.

I just stared at the badge on the lip of the roof through some songs, as if it was just me and my club.

That came to an abrupt end when a bottle smashed me in the side of the head which was probably karma for the load I threw.

Good times.

The guy arrested for drugs on the roundabout outside the KP was a highlight too.

I'm not a Kasabian fan, but I don't like to think that I might be missing out on things, so I had a walk down to the stadium last night in the hope of picking up a cheap ticket. I hung around for a bit before getting a seating ticket for £20 off of a tout. I then sat at the back of Block M for the duration of Kasabian's set, with most of the row to myself, looking down on the mayhem below. I've never felt so distanced from fellow human beings as I did last night. I realise it was a celebration, but a lot of people who were there need to have a word with themselves, and probably did this morning

Did I read this right? Someone who doesn't like the band went to the gig because he didn't want to miss out on something? And yet he's being judgmental on others saying they need to have a word with themselves?

In that case, I'm going to go to a One Direction concert sit by myself for 2 hours shaking my head at all the screaming teeny boppers who need to have a look at themselves and try and be happy I just wasted £20 that I could have spent on something I actually liked. Dude, you spent £20 on seeing a band you don't like. Pretty funny when you think about it.

Did I read this right? Someone who doesn't like the band went to the gig because he didn't want to miss out on something? And yet he's being judgmental on others saying they need to have a word with themselves?

In that case, I'm going to go to a One Direction concert sit by myself for 2 hours shaking my head at all the screaming teeny boppers who need to have a look at themselves and try and be happy I just wasted £20 that I could have spent on something I actually liked. Dude, you spent £20 on seeing a band you don't like. Pretty funny when you think about it.

Some people just like having something to moan about. Feeling distanced yet going to a gig on your own and sitting on your own wtf did he expect?

It's like the couple of 70-something folk that got carted off by the paramedics because they were front and centre, wtf did they expect?

There was a little trouble at the front but overall it was a great night and a great performance. I got to speak to people I'll never see again, clang beers with people from across the country, what more could you want?

I like live music, I went in with an open mind, and I quite enjoyed the show. I wasn't doing anything else, and they were playing a celebratory gig a mile or so from my house. £20 was about as high as I'd go to see them. Didn't feel like I'd wasted my money at all. I was talking about middle-aged people drinking far too much and acting like fools. Anything else?

Went on the Saturday and loved it. I agree it wasnt quite Vicky Park, but still bloody good. Kasabian are a great live band IMO.

Did get hit by a few drips of a 'warm liquid' but other then that fine. Dont understand why people lob beer about at gigs though?? May as well take a fiver out their pockets and lob that away, essentially the same thing lol

Did enjoy the atmosphere where I was though (front row standing, stood against the barriers for comfort) stood next to a group of WBA fans who were sound and pretty respectful. Also seemed to hear a lot of Wigan lads about, the Will Griggs on fire chant did the rounds numerous times.

Well that was, eventually, brilliant.

My missus ran the Liverpool marathon today. We went straight from the finish to Lime Street to get a train to where I'd parked, then immediately to Leicester, where we had 20 minutes to scrub up at my Mother's house before heading to the KP.

There were obviously a lot of very drunk people there who looked like they'd been at it all day.

The support act were, let's face it, utter shit. Just noise. Some coked up cockney arsepiece tunelessly yawping songs to tell us we are "all slaves". No wonder there was trouble last night. I'd rather get punched in the gob than have to listen to that cvnt again.

Kasabian, however, were class. From the introduction (goosebumps again) onwards they got the place jumping and the encore was awesome. My missus, despite her aching legs, jumped along with everyone.

Tom got proper totes emosh at the end, didn't he?

Like others I struggle to understand why people pay a fiver for a plaggy bottle containing half a pint of warm beer, then yak it away.

I also saw several people go out for more beers and miss 20 minutes of the gig. You are either on the lash or at a gig. I don't understand why you would pay good money to go to a concert and miss a big chunk of it standing in the queue at the bar.

Well worth the journey down, even worth the long drive back to Glasgow tomorrow.

:)

I thought Slaves were decent actually

Some people just like having something to moan about. Feeling distanced yet going to a gig on your own and sitting on your own wtf did he expect?

It's like the couple of 70-something folk that got carted off by the paramedics because they were front and centre, wtf did they expect?

There was a little trouble at the front but overall it was a great night and a great performance. I got to speak to people I'll never see again, clang beers with people from across the country, what more could you want?

I ain't moaning about feeling distanced. That was a nice little bonus to the evening. Nice to lie back and stick my feet up while everything else was going off. I'm too old to be jumping around like a Prosecco'd-up fifty-something woman. I quite enjoyed the music to be honest. Loved the lasers. Good way to finish off the celebrations of the past few weeks.

I like that aswell.

Being pedantic, when you study it I don't think it is a Puma shirt, the Puma logo only has one leg front and back, Serges showed all four legs, presumably to look like a puma but can't copy the puma logo? No idea really but it wasn't a puma on the shirt, don't know what was on the back either apart from the 28 being the date.

Archived