Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

News / Current affairs section (gone back to general chat)

In all seriousness we would like to know why the sub was deleted. Like it or not posters take time to contribute to the forum and make it popular and mods and admin might feel you don't owe us anything but when you create a community on the Internet with a lot of users it should be expected to be able to explain why it was changed.

I'd spotted that Mark - but they seem so out of place with the general items in there now I've seen them separated.

It did seem the separate section got itself a particular following from a few people, me included.

Would you consider keeping it separate up to the EU referendum?

I just felt the extra forum didn't serve any real benefits in the end, the topics are still there in general chat.

I think it was good to keep all the political stuff away from important things like boobs and funny pictures.

I think it was good to keep all the political stuff away from important things like boobs and funny pictures.

yeah this, was good to know if there was unread stuff in gen chat it would be a fit bird or a tinder line or something funny and not matt p and rince arguing about who hates the opposite class more, again.

If you don't like the political threads you don't have to click on them.

but when you're on mobile it doesn't tell you what the most recent thread posted in is, it just tells you there are new posts in general chat. so you click in it thinking it will be something good and then... labour did something bad in 1996 and matt p still hasn't got over it and is blaming ken 

Personally I am glad to see it back, General chat seemed pretty banal without those topics, whilst the current affairs sub forum was too serious and lacked the wider input of people straying into general chat.

Thumbs up from me :schmike:

I want to know why some topics are locked so quickly. 

RE 'could the lap of honour have been better' - yes, yes it should. Totally. But can I add what I think to that thread? No. It's locked. Yet loads of threads and posts - from people wanting to sell on tickets for more money to threads constantly turning into Pearson v Raneiri - are kept open.

• 1 month later...

General chat has turned into the politics section with current events. It's literally no where to post and have general chat.

Nobody's stopping people from posting non political stuff.

Nobody's stopping people from posting non political stuff.

But the forum is dominated by politics, the non-politics threads are just too hard to find cos they get pushed down too quick and not responded to.

Guest CityFan 06

Create a politics section? Might be easier for the non political stuff to be discussed in the General Chat and then the actual politics could then be talked about in it's own Politics section. Just a suggestion.

Create a politics section? Might be easier for the non political stuff to be discussed in the General Chat and then the actual politics could then be talked about in it's own Politics section. Just a suggestion.

That's kind of what the whole topic of this thread was; there used to be one for a trial period but it was taken away

Archived