Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

VICTORY PARADE: Leicester Is #HavingAParty!

There's more catering and toilets in the park than there were for Kasabian, there's two big screens on either side of the stage.  Road closures and parking restrictions are in place already, don't even think about driving anywhere near the park.  P&R, get the train, or park in town.  

Not sure about the logic of 9:30pm last buses for the park & ride. If Kasabian are performing, and the parade does inevitably overrun then we're looking at gone 9pm as a finish, easily.

Why they couldn't fund it to 11pm or midnight is beyond me. People aren't just going to watch the ceremony, watch any musical act then turn around and walk home?

Wh

Where is everyone parking?

Its easy for you!!

where can I park my chopper...

They wouldnt let me fly in with my handglider, too much high winds,

pushing out from north london apparently!

Just Brilliant its live on Sky....

There's more catering and toilets in the park than there were for Kasabian, there's two big screens on either side of the stage.  Road closures and parking restrictions are in place already, don't even think about driving anywhere near the park.  P&R, get the train, or park in town.  

I will be on my way in the next 2 hours or so..Coming by Train from Northampton 

Not sure about the logic of 9:30pm last buses for the park & ride. If Kasabian are performing, and the parade does inevitably overrun then we're looking at gone 9pm as a finish, easily.

Why they couldn't fund it to 11pm or midnight is beyond me. People aren't just going to watch the ceremony, watch any musical act then turn around and walk home?

This. I cheked P&R as it would make sense to use it (Birstall one), but in all likelehood it isn't going to be done much before 9pm (probably later as these things rarely run to schedule). Why not just run buses until 11pm?

It's gonna be crazy. I think I'll park out near the General somewhere and have half hour walk or so in.

Guest Mee-9

Guessing the trains will be rammed too, especially at the local stations such as Syston, Sileby and Barrow. 

Guessing the trains will be rammed too, especially at the local stations such as Syston, Sileby and Barrow. 

My other half reckons they mentioned extra trains, but i can't see them on the live time table, I'm gonna have to brave the 4.12 from syston. Got no other choice really.

Getting home is gonna be the worse bit I reckon.

My other half reckons they mentioned extra trains, but i can't see them on the live time table, I'm gonna have to brave the 4.12 from syston. Got no other choice really.

Extra coaches on the trains is what I read. Plus there is free flags and choccys on them lol

Thats odd. Just checked my Sky+ planner and it just says "Sky Sports Tonight". No reference to Leicester on there though.

I doubt they'll rename the programme tbh. It will just be on.

Whats the weather like in Leicester. Is it time to crack on the shorts and reveal my white legs to Leicester?

Guest Mee-9

Extra coaches on the trains is what I read. Plus there is free flags and choccys on them lol

Yeah there is extra coaches, I'm planning on heading into town ASAP from Nottingham soon for a few drinks beforehand, so if it's already busy at the local stations I'll post again on here. 

Free flags  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I heard extra carriages yesterday. But she reckons bbc radio Leicester mentioned 29 extra trains from around the county today.

Archived