Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

VICTORY PARADE: Leicester Is #HavingAParty!

Leicester City victory parade open-top bus decorated in Nottingham

By Leicester Mercury  |  Posted: May 14, 2016

14293761-large.jpg

championsbus

Comments (0)

Tens of thousands of Leicester City fans will be on the streets to cheer on their Premier Leagueicon1.pngwinning heroes during Monday's victory parade.

But it seems the city's rival Nottingham has got in on a bit of the action too.

The open-top buses that will transport the players and the Premier Leagueicon1.png trophy from Jubilee Square, around the city centre and up London Road to Victoria Park was actually decorated in Nottingham.

Blueprint Notts, based in Vale Road, in Colwick, was handed the job of printing and covering the Foxes' four double decker buses.

Read more: Everything you need to know about Leicester City's Premier League victory parade

Four members of staff for the companyicon1.png have worked 14 hours on each bus for four days to prepare them.

Managing director of the company, Richard Monk, said the firm got the contract after they did a similar job in 2014 for the club for the Championship winners' parade.

He said: "I hadn't even thought about it, but two weeks ago we got the phone call because we had shown we could do the job and be reliable.

"I know there were other companies begging to do the job and some for next to nothing, so we are proud they came to us."

"This is the best part of the job," Richard added.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-victory-parade-open-bus-decorated/story-29272876-detail/story.html#ixzz48eZZaLbt 

Follow us: @@leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

I saw a couple of Stratford on Avon open top tour buses leaving the town the other day and I thought then I bet they're going to be decorated for the parade.

Yeah I've got the same problem mate not sure how to play this out. Taking my 3 year old, missus and her nan.

Tricky one isn't it?! If I was on my own or with mates it'd be easy but really want them to experience this. Do we know what's actually going on in the daytime round the Curve?

Well i've got the day off but I don't want to come in too early and be hanging around for hours, my wife is hoping to meet me at Vicki park when she finishes work (I think she might struggle to get up there)

Travis (remember them?) are playing De Mont tomorrow night I pity anyone trying to get to that through the chaos.

This is going to be biblical. Planning for up to 100,000, wonder how they worked that out!

Don't stand downhill from the portaloos...  :D

This is a random observation - but is there a reason you're always posting at odd hours of the night / early morning?

4 buses seems ridiculous. We've only used 23 players all season! With all due respect for our wonderful owners I really hope the players aren't outnumbered by a shed load of Thai officials who none of us know. They dominated the pitch at the end of the Everton game. This should be left to the players and coaching staff to soak up the adulation of the City!

4 buses seems ridiculous. We've only used 23 players all season! With all due respect for our wonderful owners I really hope the players aren't outnumbered by a shed load of Thai officials who none of us know. They dominated the pitch at the end of the Everton game. This should be left to the players and coaching staff to soak up the adulation of the City!

That's exactly what I thought when I saw there were four coaches! Expect to see Top at the front of the first one!

There are going to be tonnes of "extras"!

Archived