Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

VICTORY PARADE: Leicester Is #HavingAParty!

If you didn't know already, Leicester City is #havingaparty on Monday 16 May - and you're all invited! 

To celebrate the success of winning the Barclays Premier League title, the City is throwing a party, with a bus tour through the City Centre, followed by a big event at Victoria Park. 

Where To See Leicester City’s Victory Parade 

Your Premier League champions, Claudio Ranieri, his backroom staff and the Barclays Premier League trophy will be taking part in an open-top bus Victory Parade on Monday 16 May. 

You can find more information here about the route, the best places to see the parade from and what entertainment you can expect throughout the City Centre and Victoria Park – helping you plan your day. 

Important Travel Information

To make sure you are able to get into Leicester, we have provided a comprehensive list of transport options and information, including where to park, public transport and the all important road closures. 

We will keep this information up-to-date and we strongly advise all supporters and residents to look to local road and travel sources throughout the day. 

East Midlands Trains Issue Advice

Extra carriages will be provided on trains to and from Leicester before and after the parade, and trains will be calling at more stations than normal. 

However, trains are expected to be extremely busy in the run up to the start of the parade and after the event has ended. 

To check train times, visit www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk 

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

To help you plan the day for your family, you can find answers to some of the questions you may have, including the times and route of the parade, activities on the day, safety information, and more.  

Are most people gonna just be at the park or go down to town and then up to the park when they go by?

If the last parade 2 years ago is anything to go by, the ones near the start ie high street will see it pass then shoot through the back streets to get further up, stood outside the highcross last time, as soon as it went around the clock tower, everyone ran through the market to get up to the square.

This time the run is a fair bit longer!

If the weather is decent I'm going to sack work off a couple of hours early, grab a few red stripes and walk up to the park - sit in the sun, sink a few beers and wait for the bus to come to me.

**** running about after it in the city centre. 

Leicester City victory parade open-top bus decorated in Nottingham

By Leicester Mercury  |  Posted: May 14, 2016

14293761-large.jpg

championsbus

Comments (0)

Tens of thousands of Leicester City fans will be on the streets to cheer on their Premier Leagueicon1.pngwinning heroes during Monday's victory parade.

But it seems the city's rival Nottingham has got in on a bit of the action too.

The open-top buses that will transport the players and the Premier Leagueicon1.png trophy from Jubilee Square, around the city centre and up London Road to Victoria Park was actually decorated in Nottingham.

Blueprint Notts, based in Vale Road, in Colwick, was handed the job of printing and covering the Foxes' four double decker buses.

Read more: Everything you need to know about Leicester City's Premier League victory parade

Four members of staff for the companyicon1.png have worked 14 hours on each bus for four days to prepare them.

Managing director of the company, Richard Monk, said the firm got the contract after they did a similar job in 2014 for the club for the Championship winners' parade.

He said: "I hadn't even thought about it, but two weeks ago we got the phone call because we had shown we could do the job and be reliable.

"I know there were other companies begging to do the job and some for next to nothing, so we are proud they came to us."

"This is the best part of the job," Richard added.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-victory-parade-open-bus-decorated/story-29272876-detail/story.html#ixzz48eZZaLbt 

Follow us: @@leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Are you allowed to take your kids out of school at lunch time?

My mate reckons you are all around the county.

Taking my son out of School in Middlesbrough at 1200 and driving down... One he'll remember for ever.

Are you allowed to take your kids out of school at lunch time?

My mate reckons you are all around the county.

Mine have been told they can wear what they like on Monday but we are not allowed to collect them early.

Archived