Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcFc_Smiv

Non-League Football 2016/17

I'll be following Wimborne Town again, Southern League Division One South & West  :scarf: . They had a pretty crap season just gone, manager didn't have a clue really, players injured and a general lack of guidance. Then they brought Harry Redknapp onto the board of Directors (lives down the road), and then they announced they had gone bankrupt, coincidence? Hopefully get to a few games again, the ground is 100 yards from my office, £10 to get in. 

I'll be following Wimborne Town again, Southern League Division One South & West  :scarf: . They had a pretty crap season just gone, manager didn't have a clue really, players injured and a general lack of guidance. Then they brought Harry Redknapp onto the board of Directors (lives down the road), and then they announced they had gone bankrupt, coincidence? Hopefully get to a few games again, the ground is 100 yards from my office, £10 to get in. 

lol Really!?

Lincoln should be one of the favourite's for promotion. They've appointed the Braintree manager as there new manager. Try and get to as many games as I can next season.

Same here. When we have away games I can't make and Lincoln are at home I always nip down with my Lincoln supporting mate. Quite impressed with the hiring on Danny Cowley, think he could do a job. No Grimsby in the conference this year though so there's no real derby to look forward to, just hope Lincoln get back up to League 2 ASAP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got back from a cracking preseason friendly for Gainsborough against Grimsby. A 3-2 win in what was a pretty physical contest. Sheff United at the Northolme on Saturday and then we have a week to prepare for the start of the season. Wish I'd paid more attention to non league football in the past.

On 31/07/2016 at 08:10, isaidno said:

Fancy Lincoln for the National league this season. Beat Crewe and Reading in pre season, and drew with Peterborough.

I went to Grantham, Boston, Peterborough and Crewe and I've got to say the Cowley's have got the team playing well. A few silly defensive errors but I'm hoping they will iron that sort of thing out as they go along. Will be interesting to see what Jonathan Margetts can do up top....he was great those first couple of games but looks like he may have a slight knock. Should be ready for the season opener at Woking.

3 hours ago, baker11 said:

Who will fair well out of the Leicestershire teams? Barwell to be top dogs again?

Well given we only have barwell and Coalville at step 3 it'll one of them.

Shame that Leicestershire has so few successful clubs.

I follow FC United, and hopefully I'm wrong but they look doomed.

11 hours ago, baker11 said:

Who will fair well out of the Leicestershire teams? Barwell to be top dogs again?

Likely. 

Coalville will be alright in that division too. 

Loughborough to struggle.

Shepshed and St Andrews to have reasonable seasons in a tough league. Hinckley in the division below I would have down to walk it but they are up against Bromsgrove who've assembled a side capable of playing divisions above (they pull in crowds between 300 and 600). 

Leicester Nirvana have lost staff and players, so can't see them doing well. Kirby muxloe finish top six. 

Archived