Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcFc_Smiv

Non-League Football 2016/17

So York City sign Southampton's Cuco Martina's brother on Friday, he plays one reserve game against Hartlepool on Monday night and is immediately released from his contract on Tuesday!

I'm thinking 'Ali Dia'.

• 3 weeks later...

so jamie ohara joins paul konchesky and ricky sappleton at billericay town in the seventh tier. also trying to sign carlton cole. interesting stuff, might be worth following. 

I wonder why the Class of 92 bought Salford rather than a team like Stockport or Altrincham. Both already have the infrastructure and fan base to progress. Salford will always be a rugby town and the ground is a cow pasture.

2 hours ago, isaidno said:

Massive match today. Lincoln vs Forest Green. On Bt sport at 12.15

Forest Green are one-up.

Quite like the Sincil Bank, looks better than some of the league sides of the similar club size to Lincoln.

Edit: Not really keen on in-match interviews with the managers by BT.

Should just leave them alone and let them get on with the job imo.

Within the next couple of years, the FA intend on putting Midland divisions at tiers 3 and 4 of the non-league pyramid. This will be a huge benefit to midland based clubs at this level.

As it currently stands, the likes of Barwell have to travel as north as Newcastle. The likes of Redditch travel as South as Weymouth. It should also open up the Midland Football League (lots of Birmingham teams) lower down (more promotion places rather 1) a little which is a notoriously difficult division to get out. If you compare it to United Counties League at the same level, the quality of football is so vastly different. 

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 13:46, Cardiff_Fox said:

Within the next couple of years, the FA intend on putting Midland divisions at tiers 3 and 4 of the non-league pyramid. This will be a huge benefit to midland based clubs at this level.

As it currently stands, the likes of Barwell have to travel as north as Newcastle. The likes of Redditch travel as South as Weymouth. It should also open up the Midland Football League (lots of Birmingham teams) lower down (more promotion places rather 1) a little which is a notoriously difficult division to get out. If you compare it to United Counties League at the same level, the quality of football is so vastly different. 

I remember in the early 2000s Grantham Town playing Tiverton Town, Merthyr Tydfil and Newport Isle Of Wight regularly.

Stalybridge about to complete the greatest of escapes. I left gainsborough in feb and they were 15 points behind us second bottom, after a string of victories including beating Fylde and Kidderminster in their last two games they are two points off Gainsborough and not far behind Worcester who are in trouble on and off the pitch.

Some might know Adam the ex Coalville manager now at Grantham are on a great run, one defeat in 28 games leaves them 2 points outside the play offs, a poor run of 5 draws and a defeat a couple of months back might stop them making it.

Huge day for Lincoln City today.

Dominate against relegation threatened Torquay, go down to a sucker punch goal 0-1 with 15 minutes to go;

Lincoln equalize on 86, immediately from kick off get a free kick 20 yards out and bang in it goes for 2-1. Only 6 minutes of stoppage time to endure and Lincloln are 5 points clear at the top with a game in hand.

Stuff of champions.

Meanwhile Tranmere draw 2-2 at home to Aldershot.

Lincoln need 5 points from their remaining 4 matches to win the title and promotion back to the Football League.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Huge day for Lincoln City today.

Dominate against relegation threatened Torquay, go down to a sucker punch goal 0-1 with 15 minutes to go;

Lincoln equalize on 86, immediately from kick off get a free kick 20 yards out and bang in it goes for 2-1. Only 6 minutes of stoppage time to endure and Lincloln are 5 points clear at the top with a game in hand.

Stuff of champions.

Meanwhile Tranmere draw 2-2 at home to Aldershot.

Lincoln need 5 points from their remaining 4 matches to win the title and promotion back to the Football League.

I was there. What a turn around. Felt a bit sorry for Torquay, seen a lot worse teams that play this season. The missus and brother in law are going to Gateshead on Monday. It's on BT sport.

On 14/04/2017 at 19:08, isaidno said:

I was there. What a turn around. Felt a bit sorry for Torquay, seen a lot worse teams that play this season. The missus and brother in law are going to Gateshead on Monday. It's on BT sport.

Being from Lincolnshire I went as well enjoyed the day, great atmosphere and great to see over 9000 people for a non league game.

lincoln looked ok didn't seem to panic and then showed great character coming back from a late goalie win 2-1.

loved the way Matt Rhead used his ample frame to stop the Torquay keeper form setting up the wall by basically standing right in front of him. Would probably get booked at a higher level but got away with it.

8 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Maidstone's revival is also quite impressive - they have won seven out of their last ten matches and only lost once since. Best recent record apart from Lincoln.

They could have a big say in the title race. They play Forest Green, Lincoln and Tranmere last 3 matches.

Who are the highest ranking non-league clubs in Leicestershire or the surrounding area? I know Coalville are in the Evo-Stik, Nuneaton/Alfreton are conf north. I'm potentially moving back to Leicestershire for work and looking at other opportunities at a club to provide some basic sport science/ strength and conditioning support. 

Lincoln currently struggling away at Gateshead, 1-0 down thanks to conceding a silly penalty. Hoping the Imps will come out rejuvenated in the second half and make a game of it, they look well off it today.

Archived