Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Hernandez Signed

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Hernandez and Morgan didn't look comfortable together at Hull. I think Morgan switched to the left centre half position. Maybe go three at the back for Everton?

In his first proper game for us when by all accounts everybody was 70% fit.

Deserves another chance at CB.

Imagine Hernandez against the pace and power of lukaku..... it's a pass for me he got bullied by Marc Pugh the other day he'd get eaten alive by lukaku, I personally think amartey should be given a bash, he's been playing really well at cm lately but he's got all the attributes to be a quality cb,plus with DD/Mendy/maybe Ndidi to come into the fold cb could be the perfect solution for him

4 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Imagine Hernandez against the pace and power of lukaku..... it's a pass for me he got bullied by Marc Pugh the other day he'd get eaten alive by lukaku, I personally think amartey should be given a bash, he's been playing really well at cm lately but he's got all the attributes to be a quality cb,plus with DD/Mendy/maybe Ndidi to come into the fold cb could be the perfect solution for him

never realised Huth was a speed merchant, stop judging a player's ability in their position based on when they are used out of position

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

never realised Huth was a speed merchant, stop judging a player's ability in their position based on when they are used out of position

Good point huth has also been immense this season.... we need an injection of pace at the back, it would also be nice to have some1 who's comfortable on the ball, as for Hernandez I've been saying exactly the same as what you're saying but after watching the Bournemouth game I just feel he's not good enough, he was getting beat in the air by Marc Pugh...... 5' nothing 8 stone Marc Pugh, add to that how poor defensively he's been when given a chance (out of position or not) my thoughts have changed, I would love for him to prove me wrong but I just can't see it, a cb slower than Huth who doesn't seem able to compete in the air isn't the best combination for a prem cb

12 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

When he runs its like he has a parachute on his back.

you're judging him compared to pacey wingers, no one thinks Wes is too slow but put him at right back he'd be done for pace in just the same way

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

you're judging him compared to pacey wingers, no one thinks Wes is too slow but put him at right back he'd be done for pace in just the same way

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but Marc Pugh is hardly Theo Walcott and he burned him for pace time and time again, he's slow because he's slow nothing to do with where he's played

11 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but Marc Pugh is hardly Theo Walcott and he burned him for pace time and time again, he's slow because he's slow nothing to do with where he's played

Pace is less of an issue at CB its more about positioning and reading the game. And he is quicker than the guy that has been playing there who has rarely been exposed due to lack of pace.

Also no one would think of Albrighton as being quick as Walcott but there were stats last season to show he was one of the quickest in our squad, so for all you know Pugh could be the same

• 3 weeks later...

Hope Hernandez starts the Everton match. Although I'd like to see him have a chance at CB, we've signed him as a RB. That was pretty clear, when Claudio chose Wasilewski ahead of him against Everton.

So maybe we should give him another chance at RB in the cup, with a winger infront of him that knows how to defend (Albrighton). I think the potential is there to be a decent RB. But like most of our summer signings he needs time.

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

Hope Hernandez starts the Everton match. Although I'd like to see him have a chance at CB, we've signed him as a RB. That was pretty clear, when Claudio chose Wasilewski ahead of him against Everton.

So maybe we should give him another chance at RB in the cup, with a winger infront of him that knows how to defend (Albrighton). I think the potential is there to be a decent RB. But like most of our summer signings he needs time.

I remember the days when we had full backs supplementing the wingers rather than wingers that were acting as second full backs, feels like a long time since we played with that freedom.

Play him at CB or don't play him at all. Have we got any boss right backs in the academy that could be given a chance?

Archived