Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Hernandez Signed

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Ok I'll rephrase it, don't be acting like he's not costing us anything and two ok games has paid some sort of debt, because we are still paying the blokes wages.

Although pretty hard to argue with the comparison that's for certain lol 

The original argument here dates from me saying as a freebie, it was risk free and a gamble worth taking. His wages for his entire contract are likely to have been paid off those two victories which he took part in. 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The original argument here dates from me saying as a freebie, it was risk free and a gamble worth taking. His wages for his entire contract are likely to have been paid off those two victories which he took part in. 

That's a very, very strange way of looking at it.

The problem isn't really Hernandez. The problem is that we only have one right-back at the club.

We have got 3 strikers worth £33m who can't get into the team (Ulloa (£10), Musa (£16) Okasaki (£7m).

But then for right-back, it's either Danny Simpson or the reserve centre-half. That's the sort of thing we had to put up with in the Championship!

The errors of our Summer recruitment are really starting to be felt now.

6 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

The problem isn't really Hernandez. The problem is that we only have one right-back at the club.

We have got 3 strikers worth £33m who can't get into the team (Ulloa (£10), Musa (£16) Okasaki (£7m).

But then for right-back, it's either Danny Simpson or the reserve centre-half. That's the sort of thing we had to put up with in the Championship!

The errors of our Summer recruitment are really starting to be felt now.

would you trust Ranieri with more money ? 

3 minutes ago, HKFox said:

would you trust Ranieri with more money ? 

I don't think that here's anything wrong with the individual players that we have brought in. They just don't seem to have been bought with any particular plan in mind.

To improve a team, you need to look at the weaker players and try and change them. With respect to Simpson and Albrighton, they would probably be the two positions we should have looked at in the Summer and thought we could improve upon. But they are both still first choices and nobody has been signed who will push either for their place.

Up front however, we've got Slimani, Musa and Vardy fighting in out for one main striker role...

It appears we have signed a few players who are probably actually good players, but need time to settle in to new surroundings / country. 

But a lot of people seem to be writing them off already,  are we forgetting how long it took Jamie vardy to look settled? Drinkwater? 

Drinkwater looked shocking for ages before he was fully settled. It will take time. Spanish players are renowned for taking time to settle, I think hernandes will come good eventually. 

7 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

No. The signings we made during the summer are a collection of distinctly average players who cost a lot of money. 

They were steve Walsh signings. We were scouting musa and slimani even before the title winning season. 

There's a supposition at work here... Taking the right back position as an example, the suggestion seems to be either;

1. lack of cover wasn't identified as/isn't believed to be a potential problem, or
  2. the scouting network wasn't tasked with finding players for the position, or
  3. there was at least on suitable candidate at a reasonable price, but we ****ed up the negotiations

Has anyone got inside info that would indicate any of the above are true? If not, Is it not feasible that the club were aware of the lack of cover, that the scouting was employed to find another right back and that no suitable candidates (e.g. sufficient quality, reasonable price, contractual availability) could be found?

It isn't as simple as want player, get player is it?

5 minutes ago, evil jack said:

Hang on, didn't he play CB against Hull?

He did. And he wasn't great. But that was his first competitive start in English football so I'd give him a pass. Huth came back next game against Arsenal and that was the end of it.

5 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

There's a supposition at work here... Taking the right back position as an example, the suggestion seems to be either;

1. lack of cover wasn't identified as/isn't believed to be a potential problem, or
  2. the scouting network wasn't tasked with finding players for the position, or
  3. there was at least on suitable candidate at a reasonable price, but we ****ed up the negotiations

Has anyone got inside info that would indicate any of the above are true? If not, Is it not feasible that the club were aware of the lack of cover, that the scouting was employed to find another right back and that no suitable candidates (e.g. sufficient quality, reasonable price, contractual availability) could be found?

It isn't as simple as want player, get player is it?

Well, if you're the Premier League champions and can offer Champions League football then perhaps it should be simple enough to sign a right back.

Playing a free transfer centre-back at right-back to cover a suspension is what Championship clubs have to do.

11 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

Well, if you're the Premier League champions and can offer Champions League football then perhaps it should be simple enough to sign a right back.

You used the word 'perhaps'. As in 'perhaps it shouldn't either'.

I just wonder how big the pool was of right backs of sufficient quality who were contractually 'extractable' in the summer. Pretty sure you don't know - I certainly don't. But I imagine it would have been very small.

14 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

You used the word 'perhaps'. As in 'perhaps it shouldn't either'.

I just wonder how big the pool was of right backs of sufficient quality who were contractually 'extractable' in the summer. Pretty sure you don't know - I certainly don't. But I imagine it would have been very small.

Perhaps.

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Musa, Hernandez, Amartey, Slimani 

ALL WALSH SIGNINGS.

How do 'fans' of this club not know stuff like this?

But who put Hernandez at right-back? Certainly not Steve Walsh.

And why didn't we go after another proper RB (or RWB)?

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

But who put Hernandez at right-back? Certainly not Steve Walsh.

And why didn't we go after another proper RB (or RWB)?

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Musa, Hernandez, Amartey, Slimani 

ALL WALSH SIGNINGS.

How do 'fans' of this club not know stuff like this?

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

No. The signings we made during the summer are a collection of distinctly average players who cost a lot of money. 

Agreed hernandez looks woeful, zieler abject, musa and slimani do not seem to have the work rate to succeed. Mendy injured and looked lightweight in what we have briefly seen him. Also to not notice we needed improvements, not just cover at cm, rb and cb this season - awful judgment in the market. 

13 minutes ago, HKFox said:

Agreed hernandez looks woeful, zieler abject, musa and slimani do not seem to have the work rate to succeed. Mendy injured and looked lightweight in what we have briefly seen him. Also to not notice we needed improvements, not just cover at cm, rb and cb this season - awful judgment in the market. 

Musa and Slimani are showing as much work rate as everyone else though. If anything I'd imagine Slimani has covered more ground per 90 than all the strikers. 

Mendy isn't lightweight either. Looked a bit overweight. But you don't captain a French team to 4th place aged 23 if you're crap.

Hernandaz is a decent player He offers so much more than Simpson. Simpson always seems to be playing on the edge. it's just that he lacks the physicality for the premiership.

He played so long in Spain that he's probably gone soft. A few tough challenges might change his attitude and realise if he doesn't toughen up he'll get hurt.

Archived