Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Hernandez Signed

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Not sure many are wanting wins every single week but again wanting that and the reality of having 1 point away from home all season are pretty similar.

If you have travelled all over the country/ continent watching garbage then I think you are entitled to an opinion.

Agree'd it's not good enough, but forum bashing doesn't solve anything

I actually think we should try Hernandez at CB. He doesn't treat the ball like an ebola virus and he's decent enough in the air. He's slow as **** but so are Huth and Morgan. Maybe if we played Hernandez with either Huth/Morgan we'dhoof the ball less and actually trying and play a bit of football from the back.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Where as we should be more like this guy

IMG_5387.JPG

Yeah 100% :)

How do you solve the problem though. chucking millions into it doesn't work. Look at Chelsea and Man U. Getting the best manager doesn't work again look at Man U or Liverpool. 

1 minute ago, Shaneb said:

Yeah 100% :)

How do you solve the problem though. chucking millions into it doesn't work. Look at Chelsea and Man U. Getting the best manager doesn't work again look at Man U or Liverpool. 

lol why even look in that much detail, don't play 44 ****ing 2 that's how you solve it. 

I had hoped he would kick on after a few okay performances in the Champions League...but he's clearly not a RB. As others have said, he's a back-up CB who could eventually replace one of Morgan or Huth.

Sorry to say that yesterday's goal was largely his fault for getting drawn to the ball, into the box, and away from Pugh's run. Poor Albrighton had to peg it back as a result, but just wasn't quick enough.

Conclusion: Shock-horror, we need a new RB.

When I first watched him against Barcelona in the champions cup, he played centre back and he actually played well and strikes me as a ball playing defender who reads the game extremely well and intercept a lot of the passes from Barcelona, but ever since early he has played rb and looks worse than liam Moore at RB

When I first watched him against Barcelona in the champions cup, he played centre back and he actually played well and strikes me as a ball playing defender who reads the game extremely well and intercept a lot of the passes from Barcelona, but ever since he has played rb and looks worse than liam Moore at RB

5 minutes ago, Topman said:

When I first watched him against Barcelona in the champions cup, he played centre back and he actually played well and strikes me as a ball playing defender who reads the game extremely well and intercept a lot of the passes from Barcelona, but ever since he has played rb and looks worse than liam Moore at RB

This 100% and a ball playing defender is exactly what we need to stop the hoof! The problem is though, Wes won't get a rest until he falls down dead on the pitch so what does Hernandez do?

Can you imagine if City played Kompany at right back, or Chelsea with Cahill. They'd be ****ing shit, because it's not their position! Incredibly harsh asking Hernandez to play there when he's clearly a centre half. Give him a shot in the middle, can't be any worse than the two we've got in there at the moment

38 minutes ago, Koke said:

I actually think we should try Hernandez at CB. He doesn't treat the ball like an ebola virus and he's decent enough in the air. He's slow as **** but so are Huth and Morgan. Maybe if we played Hernandez with either Huth/Morgan we'dhoof the ball less and actually trying and play a bit of football from the back.

Slow as them but not as tall or as strong as them. 

To me that wouldn't resolve our defensive issues...

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

It's a problem when you're in a relegation battle.

There was no need to bring in free transfers, we had money to spend.

Nope. Back-up players with a decent record on a freebie is a calculated, reasonable gamble with nothing to lose. They were not signed for a relegation battle. They were signed to boost an existing squad who would play more games. 

Hernandez has effectively paid back any cost from his performances against Club Brugge and Porto (home). I'm not doubting they should have not been supplemented with other signings but there was no risk with either signing. 

16 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Everybody could see we need another RB and a CM but the club decided to leave it 

They realised the CM issue but too late. I watched Silva on Sunday in the Lisbon derby. Technically a lovely player and a much needed leader. Won't get him now though - Sporting are in the title race. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Agreed - though the whole defence would also be helped by a centre midfielder other than Drinkwater whose happy to collect the ball. 

25 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They realised the CM issue but too late. I watched Silva on Sunday in the Lisbon derby. Technically a lovely player and a much needed leader. Won't get him now though - Sporting are in the title race. 

So true if you want the best player or captain of a team you have to pay the release clause because that team isn't going to want to sell him on the cheap 

28 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Nope. Back-up players with a decent record on a freebie is a calculated, reasonable gamble with nothing to lose. They were not signed for a relegation battle. They were signed to boost an existing squad who would play more games. 

Hernandez has effectively paid back any cost from his performances against Club Brugge and Porto (home). I'm not doubting they should have not been supplemented with other signings but there was no risk with either signing. 

Come on mate.

We pay the blokes wages, not having everything is fine just because he's played ok twice. 

Feel sorry for him. He's either played out of position or sat on the bench watching two donkey's in his position treat the ball like a bomb about to go off.

No harm in giving him a go at centre-half, if he's shite then oh well, we'll just be in the same position as we are at the moment but at least we'd have tried something different.

34 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Come on mate.

We pay the blokes wages, not having everything is fine just because he's played ok twice. 

I'm not saying 'everything is fine'. I am saying Hernandez was worthy of the gamble and he's paid it back, particularly in comparison to so many other summer transfers. 

It was a tactic Walsh (and Pearson) did on repeat occasion. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it was in the middle, sometimes it failed but at came with very little expense. 

Hernandez, Fuchs, Albrighton, Zieler, Upson for example. All varying degrees but it's cost note. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

I'm not saying 'everything is fine'. I am saying Hernandez was worthy of the gamble and he's paid it back, particularly in comparison to so many other summer transfers. 

Ok I'll rephrase it, don't be acting like he's not costing us anything and two ok games has paid some sort of debt, because we are still paying the blokes wages.

Although pretty hard to argue with the comparison that's for certain lol 

Archived