Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Hernandez Signed

So far we've signed the GK who made the most saves in Europe last season and one of Spain's top stats defenders in La Liga.

Shrewd.

Very very shrewd. Hernandez is on a free, Zieler cost around £3M. Good business from Walsh, but what else would we expect?

He is a great cb..right footed.. Very safe and clean..only 7 yellow cards this season and 4 last year in segunda division when we promoted.good header and fast for a cb...always in a good shape and very professional..i do not like him as a rb..not too fast for that but decent anyway. He has an amazing throw in

They call him "catapulta".. Catapult..

Really impressive...you wont believe it..he gets the ball in the box from from the midfield line. He has a 2-3 years old baby and it was easy to find him in the park with his wife having a quiet life.hasnt missed a game in the last three years..very agile.

Its hard but gijon is pronounced he-hon...

By the way...we drawed the champions league winner at home and won the champions league finalist this season with l hernandezz playing with a 18 years old cb by his side

I think he is.ok with the ball but not his strongest point....good luck this season.. I think he is a good signing

His instagram luish_2

Excellent post ... Thanks ... I have to admit to being quite ignorant in respect to a lot of non-uk football, shame on me as the games I do catch on Tv look excellent entertainment and this lad sounds as though he and his family will drop right into leicester as a tight knit family team and club .... Hope he is able to settle quickly and show us his undoubted talents.

he is very clean, only 7 yellow cards. crikey they must just go round la liga five star frog splashing each other if that's "very clean". we'd probably all agree huth was a bit of a dirty fu cker and he only got 8 lol.

Sergio ramos 7 yellow 2 red in 23 games

Pepe 5 y in 21 games

Luis 4 y 1 r in 36 games

And you probably know that madrid players are more than protected by refs and they also play with a 70% possesion during the league..

So they do not have to defend much..

Appart from statistics...he is a clean player..likes anticipating and has a lot of patiente against rude strikers...i would say he knows well how to do his jod

I read somwhere he can play as a rb..he IS NOT a rb...he began to play as a cb 4 years ago now coming from the band but if he had kept playing as a rb he would be in segunda division not in the premier. He suffered a lot this year when needed to play rb..great progression this last 4 seasons

Guest CityFan 06

It's been mentioned already on this thread but I have a very good feeling about Hernandez here at Leicester.

Sergio ramos 7 yellow 2 red in 23 games

Pepe 5 y in 21 games

Luis 4 y 1 r in 36 games

And you probably know that madrid players are more than protected by refs and they also play with a 70% possesion during the league..

So they do not have to defend much..

Appart from statistics...he is a clean player..likes anticipating and has a lot of patiente against rude strikers...i would say he knows well how to do his jod

I read somwhere he can play as a rb..he IS NOT a rb...he began to play as a cb 4 years ago now coming from the band but if he had kept playing as a rb he would be in segunda division not in the premier. He suffered a lot this year when needed to play rb..great progression this last 4 seasons

I think there is a good chance he could end up at right back in our team. Our current centre backs have a good understanding and we are strongly rumoured to have made a €20m bid for a young English centre back so he will struggle to be any more than a reserve for us in this position.

Our full backs aren't expected to offer much as an attacking force. If you look at our right back  last season he didn't score or assist any goals and was involved in less than 2% of our chances created and key passes.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/danny_simpson/165/165/610/315/p|premier_league/2015/2016/leicester_city/126/165/315/0/t|la_liga/2015/2016/luis_hernández/176/176/18910/0/p|la_liga/2015/2016/sporting_de_gijón/176/176/526/0/t#goals_scored/assists/chances_created/key_passes#total

The reason I think he could be our future right back is because we require different skills from our right backs than most teams. Hernandez with his really long throw will be enough, we won't expect him to run past Mahrez and put crosses in, just stay there and defend. if he plays centre half then he must be good in the air and if our right back has these attributes it just makes us more of a threat at defending and attacking crosses into the box. If he played right back at Leicester he would play quite narrow anyway and it wouldn't be that alien even for a centre half.

Could you see him fulfill this role as his skill set would still mainly be a defensive one?

In fact comparing Simpson to Hernandez offensively last season and the Spaniard still managed more than twice the key passes and chances created than Simpson did.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/danny_simpson/165/165/610/315/p|premier_league/2015/2016/leicester_city/126/165/315/0/t|la_liga/2015/2016/luis_hernández/176/176/18910/0/p|la_liga/2015/2016/sporting_de_gijón/176/176/526/0/t#goals_scored/assists/chances_created/key_passes#total

Whether he is as good defensively as Simpson remains to be seen but he does have that exceptional long throw and superior aerial ability for sure which will be a great asset in our team from our right back.

Gerard

Simpson did not create chances because he cant,he is useless up front.That doesnt mean club has tactics not to use right back in attack 

It depends on our system, last season playing 4-4-1-1 that's okay especially with Mahrez in front of him it was better leaving Mahrez to attack and Simpson to defend rather than work in tandem. If we sign Deeney I expect this will be our main formation.

If we keep Kante and play him alongside Drinkwater and Mendy in a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 whatever you want to call it then we need our right back to be able to get up and down the pitch and offer something offensively.

It depends on our system, last season playing 4-4-1-1 that's okay especially with Mahrez in front of him it was better leaving Mahrez to attack and Simpson to defend rather than work in tandem. If we sign Deeney I expect this will be our main formation.

If we keep Kante and play him alongside Drinkwater and Mendy in a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 whatever you want to call it then we need our right back to be able to get up and down the pitch and offer something offensively.

I much prefer Fuchs/Albrighton tandem,when they both work in attack and defence.right wing should do the same.Especially Mahrez needs help up in attack,he struggled a lot in the second half of the season,playing all alone.He needs more space and someone from back should help him

I much prefer Fuchs/Albrighton tandem,when they both work in attack and defence.right wing should do the same.Especially Mahrez needs help up in attack,he struggled a lot in the second half of the season,playing all alone.He needs more space and someone from back should help him

If we don't get Deeney we could buy Yarmolenko and a right back who is good offensively. Play 4-5-1 (4-3-3) and release Mahrez & Yarmolenko as more offensive with the full backs bombing on and Kante, Drinkwater & Mendy plugging the gaps.  :)

If we don't get Deeney we could buy Yarmolenko and a right back who is good offensively. Play 4-5-1 (4-3-3) and release Mahrez & Yarmolenko as more offensive with the full backs bombing on and Kante, Drinkwater & Mendy plugging the gaps.  :)

I was fancy of Yarmolenko,but he did not really impress me on this euro.To be true he is nor worth that 25(?)mil he is priced,not even 20.As for Deeney i like him too,he fits leicester,but price speculations makes me unsure.

yeah new right back would be good.Walsh said club would buy 5-6 new players.2 already bought,next one is Mendy,one forward and one left winger i suppose,that makes 5.hope last one will be right back or Simpson have to work next season

If Kante stays and Mendy breaks through in starting XI,club will build one of the best CM in the pl

who's to say Hernandez & Mahrez cant be a good partnership like Fuchs & Albrighton!

Mahrez does need support, but although Hernandez isn't going to run past him like De Laet he might be better at picking a pass and playing Mahrez into space?

Hello guys, I'm another Sporting Gijon's fan. I just came to say congratulations for signing Luis. He was one of the best players of the team and I think he was also a leader (we had one of the youngest teams of La Liga and even being just 26 he was a "veteran"). He started playing in Real Madrid young teams untill he got a pretty serious injury and he ended up moving to our team. I have to tell you that his improvement from that team has been exponential, and that he's now an excelent player. 

I've checked what you were discussing and I would like to tell you that I agree with my colleague saying that he plays much better as a CB. He is a decent RB but in my opinion he's an outstanding CB. And also his throw in skills are a very very dangerous option for your attack. 

Big respect for your championship from Spain!

Wow his throw is even better than Fuchs!! Can you tell us anymore about him? We like our right backs to just defend, not attack. Do you think he can do this, or do you see him mainly as a center back?

He is an outstanding cb...but as a rb he is an average player...not a champions league team rb...but a top class cb for sure

:unsure:

But in all seriousness, thanks for all the information! ;)

jajaja...i just wanted to let you know that you are hiring a real pro...not a young and inexpert guy who is going to miss games because he is drunk...or who is going to be out of fit after 5 or 6 games....if not there with you he would have signed for a top 5 spanish side for sure such as Valencia or Villarreal...

Never injured....never a scandal...never missed a training session...always fit...always concentrated...one red card(unfair) in the last two seasons...good head defending...great anticipation...but definitely a CB....if you expect someone like Juanfran , Srna or Bellerin for the RB....he is not the man...he would be more positional on the band like Ivanovic...

Archived