Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Hernandez Signed

Huth is suspended for 1st game, lets see if he plays in the opening game...

Now this so far ..is our defence squad for next season.

Simpson, (RDL If he stays), Armatey, Hernandez, Huth, Morgan, Was, Moore, Chilwell, Fuchs,

Schlupp as backup.Plus another youth breaking through??

Armatey, can cover also midfield.

1-2 more admissions, with youth on their side would be just right.

Midfield / Forwards cover is not quite complete .

We do need 1-3 midfielders.

2 Strikers at or above Deeneys level at least.

I myself would not pay 30m for Deeney, though I would like to see him at Leicester.

Charlie McNicholas, lol, because Charlie Nicholas just wasn't Scottish enough.

It made me laugh when I saw the Soccer Aid football game a few weeks back and saw Paddy McGuinness in an England shirt.

Huth is suspended for 1st game, lets see if he plays in the opening game...

Now this so far ..is our defence squad for next season.

Simpson, (RDL If he stays), Armatey, Hernandez, Huth, Morgan, Was, Moore, Chilwell, Fuchs,

Why does everyone forget about Benny :(

My bad,..I thought I had him down. I would keep benny if he wants in..

Yeah, I thought he looked a good player when he played CB. Much better than his cameos at RB early in the season.

It will be interesting to see what happens with our defence in the coming season. We've got a lot of centre-halves now. Wes, Huth, Was, Benny, Hernandez, Moore and Amartey. I won't be surprised to see Moore sold or loaned out, and I don't think he'll be a great loss. Benny might want out because of lack of games, but I think he could be good enough to get in the first team. Amartey will probably be a useful sub because of his versatility. I expect Hernandez will be first in line behind Wes and Huth, and Was will probably be happy to be backup at his age.

At full back, we might need to strengthen. Chilwell could be off, and we've outgrown RDL. Schlupp and Amartey might be okay backup, but I wouldn't want us to rely on them if we're without Fuchs or Simpson for a long time. Hernandez is an unknown quantity, but from what I've read, centre half is his best position.

I watched Atletico-Gijon 

not really a good game to watch,0-0,but anyway

Hernandez was good,he plays well inside box and knows how to take good position 

He has great throw ins and as we already have seen,club uses that throw ins very well

also he is very intimate to Huth/Morgan aggressive defense style

He loves to talk,discusions with referee to make him give oposite player yellow card and e.t.c.

and at last,he smiles a lot

Hello guys, I'm another Sporting Gijon's fan. I just came to say congratulations for signing Luis. He was one of the best players of the team and I think he was also a leader (we had one of the youngest teams of La Liga and even being just 26 he was a "veteran"). He started playing in Real Madrid young teams untill he got a pretty serious injury and he ended up moving to our team. I have to tell you that his improvement from that team has been exponential, and that he's now an excelent player. 

I've checked what you were discussing and I would like to tell you that I agree with my colleague saying that he plays much better as a CB. He is a decent RB but in my opinion he's an outstanding CB. And also his throw in skills are a very very dangerous option for your attack. 

Big respect for your championship from Spain!

What kind of injury did he sustain at Real Madrid? And how serious was it?

When you look at him now, he's got a swag and the appearance of the ultimate professional.

Wonder what hardships he had to overcome in his early days as a footballer.

• 4 weeks later...

Really impressed with him. 

Reads the the game really well, strong and calm on the ball ready to give to Drinky or Mendy to move forward. 

Couldnt see how anyone was going to budge the Morgan/Huth partnership but after watching pre-season games I'm hoping it's a Morgan/Hernadez partnership. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived