Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Hernandez Signed

1 hour ago, FireFox said:

I've seen a lot of people criticizing, but to me, he didn't look that bad? I honestly think he was the best of our back 5.

Wes as captain and the senior CB should have took control and commanded the defence but he was all over the place himself, Hernandez was fine, but we all know he could have scored a hat trick and cleared 3 off the line but Huth would come back in, hopefully he has shook off his pre season rust now because like Wes he has been very poor in pre season

4 hours ago, FireFox said:

I've seen a lot of people criticizing, but to me, he didn't look that bad? I honestly think he was the best of our back 5.

I don't see why some were so critical of him either. He seemed decent on the ball and in the air. Morgan was considerably more shaky. Wes was at fault on several occasions, notably the first goal as well as that bizarre mixup with Kasper before Kasper made the throw from which we conceded the second.

2 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

I don't think he dealt with corners very well he just let the Hull player dominant his space, if it been Huth I'm sure would got the silent elbow treatment when refs not looking of cause :)

If you watch the game back Wes is worse ......our captain had a bit of a stinker tbh.....early days but he was out muscled and out jumped at a number of dead ball situations.

Hernandez will improve but hopefully Wes will be back to his best with Huth back on Saturday although I am nervous having watched them preseason! 

9 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

I don't think he dealt with corners very well he just let the Hull player dominant his space, if it been Huth I'm sure would got the silent elbow treatment when refs not looking of cause :)

The corner that led to the corner in which they scored from, he was warned by the ref. A "silent elbow" wouldn't have been so silent and could have given them a penalty.

On 14/08/2016 at 06:44, KFS said:

Other than a few scares (that he dealt with), I thought he looked rather solid. He's got a strong presence when he heads the ball and his throws caused a bit of panic for Hull.

You clearly watched a different game. I think he has potential to be great, but last week he was shaky to say the least. Wes had to tell him numerous times about positioning and not being drawn to Wes' side. Poor old Wes had to manage himself and Hernandez. Huth and Wes work so well because they can both just get on with their own game, they know eacothers strengths and weaknesses. I'm sure in time Hernandez can be part of that but to say he was solid when he clearly wasn'tis just being an Ostrich ;)

• 1 month later...

Its wrong to jump the gun when we sign a new player, especially from a foreign country and his English isnt all that and Hernandez is one of those who need time. So far, he has looked shaky at central defence but looks more competent at RB. I suppose thats why we didnt mind De Laet leaving or not bringing anyone else in really. The long throw is another weapon but there is more too him. Again he looked a bit nervous at times but showed some nice defensive cover and one particular stretch interception in our own box late on was good. 

Its early days for him but again its nice having some decent options from the bench.

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

His best performance for us tonight. He came with a statistic about interceptions and pulled a few off impressively.

Also has the longest throw I think I've ever seen live. Immense.

What about Challinor for Tranmere?

9 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Sorry lads I'm not convinced yet. Not being harsh, he just has the look of a mistake waiting to happen. I'm sure with more game time that might shift. Personally I think Simpson has been a very solid player in the last 12 months. Not sure he deserved to be dropped really.

Most of our defence are like that this season though. 

Thought he was excellent yesterday. One of the differences between him and Simpson is that Hernandez doesnt treat the ball like it is a bomb and boots it to nobody.

He had a great game for us last night - his best. That tackle in the first half was right in front if me and I thought it was fvckin genius.

Its good to have two strong candidates for the RB slot. Given his playing style he seems better suited to European football than  Simpson (who's still my #1 choice in Prem games). 

Archived