Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Saturday 25th June - Round of 16 Matches

Do people think we'd have broken Portugal down tonight?

I'm dubious

Not tonight but might have done on Monday ;) anyway both have been sh*t and the worst 90 minutes of football I have ever seen, not kidding. This game hasn't been about great defending either, the final ball has been truly terrible from both sides... and the shots from distance frustrating

Not tonight but might have done on Monday ;) anyway both have been sh*t and the worst 90 minutes of football I have ever seen, not kidding. This game hasn't been about great defending either, the final ball has been truly terrible from both sides... and the shots from distance frustrating

I didn't realise the games been that bad. I don't mind admitting now that I put Dirty Dancing on til 9pm lol

It's just occurred to me how recently it was since these two played their last group game. Well have had 7 days rest by the time we play Iceland

I'm at some party of the in-laws, I'm guessing I'm actually better off here than watching this?

I take back everything I said about the Wales game... that was far far far better than this lol

Another wonderful needless long range shot ... wonderful stuff

This tournament has been absolute turd really.

Averaging pretty comfortably under 2 goals per game when averaging under 2.5 would suggest things were fairly cagey.

Only Spain, Belgium, Wales, Portugal and Hungary have scored 3 in a game, nobody has scored 4 and there's only been 4 goals or more in a game twice in 38 matches so far. You'd be disappointed with a Premier League weekend where there weren't 3 games with 4 or more goals across 10 games, let alone 38.

People had a pop at us last season because we were very focused on defence but our success came from having a threat on the counter attack. Nobody seems to have any sustained threat whatsoever, partly because barely any side in the competition is prepared to commit men forward.

Portugal and Croatia (particularly the latter) have been two of the most enterprising sides at the tournament and they've barely managed a shot between them here.

Pretty much sums it up. Especially the last bit - I expected the other 2 games today to be a bit crap but even these two are boring and they've got some really good players. Ronaldo's barely had a kick!

Archived