Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Saturday 25th June - Round of 16 Matches

Andy Townsend: "He's a two-footed player. That's the beauty of being a left-footed and right-footed player." lol

cracked up at that (although it's Glenn Hoddle) but they're equally as bad lol.

Well done Wales.

Still proud of Northern Ireland, last 16 of the Euros isnt bad for a country with the population of Birmingham.

Neither team played their best, Bale's world class ball did the business.

Now time to throw my weight behind Ireland , hoping for another toe poked ball to Robbie Brady in revenge for 2009, COYBIG!

And Portugal aren't wearing their home kit because? This colour clash is shocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you okay?

Andy Townsend: "He's a two-footed player. That's the beauty of being a left-footed and right-footed player." lol

according to the bbc live text feed, danny mills reckons Portugal are playing for penalties lol

Guest ttfn

This tournament has been absolute turd really.

Averaging pretty comfortably under 2 goals per game when averaging under 2.5 would suggest things were fairly cagey.

Only Spain, Belgium, Wales, Portugal and Hungary have scored 3 in a game, nobody has scored 4 and there's only been 4 goals or more in a game twice in 38 matches so far. You'd be disappointed with a Premier League weekend where there weren't 3 games with 4 or more goals across 10 games, let alone 38.

People had a pop at us last season because we were very focused on defence but our success came from having a threat on the counter attack. Nobody seems to have any sustained threat whatsoever, partly because barely any side in the competition is prepared to commit men forward.

Portugal and Croatia (particularly the latter) have been two of the most enterprising sides at the tournament and they've barely managed a shot between them here.

WHERE THE FVCK ARE THE FVCKING GOALS?!

Said it earlier in the tournament but it pisses me off that teams are playing not to lose, as opposed to playing to win. so annoying.

Same here Stan.

There's too much fear of losing to actually try to win.

Why?

Just fookin have a go..

The bookies look to have got it right.

Just looked at Bet 365 for over 2.5 goals in this round. The odds are terrible. If the bookies HAVE got this right, expect very few goals

In this game, expect penalties.

TTFN - I was going to post something similar actually.

Would go as far as saying its big absolute turd but yeah, I think we were just spoilt from our counter attacking, effective fast paced football last season :(

First 20 mins of the Hungary Portugal match 2nd half was brilliant but apart from that I can't think of any memorable matches (national pride aside).

Archived