Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
splinterdream

Allowing players to leave......

who is negotiating these contracts and why are the release clauses so low,agents are just destroying the game and making players look greedy but they can choose to be stars at leicester or just another player at another club

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

who is negotiating these contracts and why are the release clauses so low,agents are just destroying the game and making players look greedy but they can choose to be stars at leicester or just another player at another club

lol

Why can't they be stars at other clubs as well?

10 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

I think it's time we start hearing more from the players, Claudio, and the owners. It has been an utter shit show since the season ended. 

I'm starting to lose faith in Raneri tbh. 

Ranieri is probably as gutted as we are. Not his fault we have Rudkin. 

every player and staff member appears to have their price. no one is indispensable. that's the way it seems the club is being run. better get used to it.  don't get too attached to any player!

I expect the same adage will apply to the d of f!  but no one will want him.

I also think that contrary to general belief, we drive quite a hard bargain when it comes to contracts.

22 hours ago, ttfn said:

£32 million for Kante is not fantastic business.

£5.6 million for Kante was fantastic business.

The two are distinct transactions.

In a world where Sadio Mane is going for £35 million and Pogba is touted at £100 million, Kante is worth at least £40 million. Morgan Schneiderlin - a similar age playing a similar position at an inferior standard to Kante - cost £30 million last season, before this summer's crazy inflation.

Agree with the second half of your post fwiw.

19 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Really good point that and one I hadn't considered. Just because we got Kante for a steal, it doesn't mean that selling him for 30 is great business purely due to the profit margin. The two are completely separate transactions.

I know these are different transactions and on the face of it, selling Kante for anything less than £50m to me is us being robbed.

But I think people have to understand that figure Kante has gone for was on the expectation that he would be a decent midfielder for a team wanting to finish with 40 points and not getting relegated, purchased for £6m - the scouting or management didn't know or think we would win the damn league when we signed him and added a release clause. He could easily have been a flop, especially with his height, anonymity in the French leagues and lack of desire to even come - getting a £25m + clause in his contract is better for us than getting a £10m clause in his contract which his agent probabbly would have pushed for. 

I can't blame Kante, or our contract negotiating team for the way in which agents and football is run. It's well known agents flogging players to teams touted for relegation only sign the contract if theres a release clause.

On 16/7/2016 at 19:14, 4everfox said:

Leicester: Hi N'Golo, we are offering you 100k grand a week as a thank you for your consistently good performances over the past season. Well done.

Kante: I'm not interested I would like to play for a more prestigious club next season.

Leicester: Tough, you are under contract with us and you will honour that contract with respect. Its entirely your choice whether you want to be on your current 40,000 a week contract or the 100,000 a week contract we are offering you, but you will be a Leicester player next season.

Kante: But...

Leicester: No buts, you can rot in the reserves and ruin your career or honour your contract. One more word and we will cancel our new improved contract offer and send you training with the youth team.

That's how we should handle want away players that are under contract and we want to keep.

Agree 100%!!!

On 17/7/2016 at 20:37, splinterdream said:

I think you could be close to the truth here, a lack of ambition may tie in with Walsh leaving although I do wonder how much Claudio listens to his opinion and whether that has something to do with it. Maybe success just came too quick for the Thais.

Winning the Premier League has given the King Power group more attention and marketing value worldwide than the owners could have expected and maybe even paid for. A Premier League winner is much much more marketable and valid than a mid-table side. So one should think that they (the owners) have seen the light and the opportunities of being connected to Leicester City - and vice versa. But maybe the contract negotiation staff are basing their experience on Championship dealings - and not necessary top English and European ones - ending up making naive contracts? But bottomline if the player is contracted - he should stay - if not why make a contract at all??

This why 32 million isn't a bad price.....could well have been a lot less with the clause in his contract.

lets face it 40mill is pushing your upper limit anyway. I know people talk about "current markets" but generally speaking players going for 40+ aren't defensive minded and Paul Pogba is only worth 100 million when someone pays 100 million for him. I'd of liked a bit more but it's not a million miles off.

obviously had we not been in the position we are in I.e knowing he wants to go and knowing teams in the CL can get him at a snip we could have played hard ball and gone for the amounts some are suggesting on here but sadly we were where we were.

Is hard to work out how this is all happening.

Since winning the title.

We have lost kante

lost our chief scout walsh

Mahrez supposedly has told his agent he wants out.

Arsenal put a bid in for vardy.

Everton are trying to get kasper.

even WBA got in on the act and are after schlupp.

Usually title winning teams in this country dont get raided, but also what is odd how the press have been talking about it.  The sky news reported 2 days ago was casually talking about kante joining chelsea, as if there was nothing odd about it, no comments from the media as to why we getting picked apart, but instead they publishing stories about our playing staff joining other clubs.

A friend of mine pointed out to me its expected, the london based press will print speculation to try and unsettle players with the hope it becomes reality, of course that doesnt answer everything, I mean e.g. was kante settled, but then after lots of press stories got unsettled and then actually chased the move, or were the stories accurate all the time? who knows.  Again walsh story leaked before it happened.  Who leaks these stories? The only rationale I can think of its either the club who wants the player/coach/scout, releasing to make the individual aware they wanted and aim to unsettle, or its an agent. 

Saints in recent years have been victim to this but on a smaller scale, their scouting system was not raided so that could still replace the players they lost.

I feel ultimately we suffering due to our location, there is a reason all the most successful clubs in this country are either based in the north west area or london.  Its basically about london vs manchester and liverpool.

One thing for sure this will really test shakespeare and caludio, as now the infrastructure around them is crumbling they will be tested to see if they can keep us going on the pitch.  Lets just hope shakespeare doesnt follow the rest out as well, as usually there is a chain reaction after the first leaves.  I am pretty sure mahrez was happy until kante left and with walsh gone as well I expect his head turned.  With mahrez we can play hard ball due to no release clause but will the club take this approach as I felt they let walsh go very easy.

22 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Is hard to work out how this is all happening.

Since winning the title.

We have lost kante

lost our chief scout walsh

Mahrez supposedly has told his agent he wants out.

Arsenal put a bid in for vardy.

Everton are trying to get kasper.

even WBA got in on the act and are after schlupp.

Usually title winning teams in this country dont get raided, but also what is odd how the press have been talking about it.  The sky news reported 2 days ago was casually talking about kante joining chelsea, as if there was nothing odd about it, no comments from the media as to why we getting picked apart, but instead they publishing stories about our playing staff joining other clubs.

A friend of mine pointed out to me its expected, the london based press will print speculation to try and unsettle players with the hope it becomes reality, of course that doesnt answer everything, I mean e.g. was kante settled, but then after lots of press stories got unsettled and then actually chased the move, or were the stories accurate all the time? who knows.  Again walsh story leaked before it happened.  Who leaks these stories? The only rationale I can think of its either the club who wants the player/coach/scout, releasing to make the individual aware they wanted and aim to unsettle, or its an agent. 

Saints in recent years have been victim to this but on a smaller scale, their scouting system was not raided so that could still replace the players they lost.

I feel ultimately we suffering due to our location, there is a reason all the most successful clubs in this country are either based in the north west area or london.  Its basically about london vs manchester and liverpool.

One thing for sure this will really test shakespeare and caludio, as now the infrastructure around them is crumbling they will be tested to see if they can keep us going on the pitch.  Lets just hope shakespeare doesnt follow the rest out as well, as usually there is a chain reaction after the first leaves.  I am pretty sure mahrez was happy until kante left and with walsh gone as well I expect his head turned.  With mahrez we can play hard ball due to no release clause but will the club take this approach as I felt they let walsh go very easy.

how riduclous. We are suffering due to location lol 

There will be reporters out there that will put a bizzare rumour out there based on fantasy or basically a tweet that has caught their eye but generally speaking most will either have some connection to a club, agent or friend/relative. Arsenal have been linked with Benzema and Higuian for about the past 5 years so doesn't really back your theory too. 

No one quite understands at the minute why it seems the club is being ripped apart, there could be plenty of reasons for what's happening but think it's too soon to make out the club is crumbling currently - let's wait to hear from the club and see the performances on the pitch to make that judgement. 

On 7/19/2016 at 16:11, hejammy said:

Actually it's fairly simple why some want to leave, let's take N'Golo - for me he was never settled here, even last year he never quite look like he subscribed to the band of brothers, always seemed like the outcast. Therefore when a club like Chelsea come along and offer you "stupid" money, it would have been hard not to say no. OK no champions league football, but he probably has enough faith that Chelsea,  over the duration of his contract will probably be in the CL more times than Leicester will be. Also Ranieri always said that he wants players who want to play for the club. 

Let's now look at Walsh, he in my opinion, should and will stay, he clearly loves the club, wants to stay at the club, however he has to look at his personal circumstances, he is not a player earning millions of pounds, but by moving to director of football he can give his family a very comfortable  life and achieve something great for his career. So let's give him a similar job here! Guaranteed he will stay. This is where I get perplexed as to why the Thai's are holding out. 

No mate..  he's gone to the bright lights of Mersey

He clearly loves the club.. but than again - he probably loves the money more :scarf:    and owners love Rudkin more 

Shit, this transfer window is going to ruin my holidays. I just got news about Kante and Walsh possibly going too?? This actually gave me like ten times the amount of stress I'd be having while working! I'll just stay offline for a while :/  COYF !!! Que sera, sera

PS

Champions League, men! lol

Archived