Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
splinterdream

Allowing players to leave......

I'm not sure that the club and Claudio have handled and are handling the transfer situation very well. Claudio audibly making comments that he wouldn't stand in a players way, that he understands why a player like Kante would want to go to Chelsea, that he wants just one more year. It shows lack of ambition, it shows we have a small club mentality, and it brings a situation where Mahrez doesn't want to sign a new contract until he sees what offers come in.

Would it not have made more sense to have said our players are going nowhere, we are champions, we plan on building on becoming champions again and players need to remember they are under contract.

I don't know what contract Kante was on, I hope we received more than £32m for him, maybe there are hidden hush payments so as not to inflate our transfers, I just don't think this has been thought through at all, what do you think?

I think you need to remember what CR actually said was we wouldn't stand in the way of anyone should they want to leave and the prices was right, the club obviously view 32 as acceptable, I'd personally like to hold out for a bit more if we had the option to but cest la vie, it was never going to be more than 40.

As far as "small club" mentality goes I'd say characteristics on here in terms of people thinking the sky has fallen in as one player has gone is more in keeping with small club mentality. Clubs of all sizes lose players......difference being a big club would be confident of doing something with the money gained from that transfer.

Right I'm getting fed up of repeating myself over and over again with regards to release clauses. They can be rejected, Liverpool did so with Suarez and no action was taken against them. If the player doesn't like it then its tough, we do have a reserve squad fit for someone who would like to destroy their own career. If the release clause in certain players contracts doesn't match our valuation then we should reject and play hardball, its real life not football manager.

I believe the Liverpool/Suarez contract was ambiguous and Suarez was adamant the he could go for over £40m and Liverpool said they only had to inform him.

Contracts now are probably unambiguous and we were legally bound to let him go for a certain amount. You can't just put a release clause in and not abide by it and expect to get away with it.

if there was a clause in the contract for CL clubs then we have got a good fee, it could have been to the likes of arsenal for much less, good job he only wanted chelsea.

It's not a good fee anyway round it - if he has a £20m release clause like Vardy did it's pure stupidity from the club by all accounts whether they knew he was going to become the player he has or not - when teams put release clauses in contracts it always favours the club with an astronomical amount to speak to the player, most European teams have a release clause for their youth players that are about £50-£60m+ and that's as an unknown quality.

Chelsea aren't champions league and if the release only applies to CL teams we had the power to demand a high fee from Chelsea, if Kante didn't like it then let him rot away in the reserves because he didn't get his dream move - the club is being bent over backwards and taking it. All we are saying to everyone at the minute is, we are dumb as **** valuing our players so go ahead and rip what we have built apart or saying to the players, don't like the contract we've put on the table... Go ahead and see what else you can get elsewhere.

It's not a good fee anyway round it - if he has a £20m release clause like Vardy did it's pure stupidity from the club by all accounts whether they knew he was going to become the player he has or not - when teams put release clauses in contracts it always favours the club with an astronomical amount to speak to the player, most European teams have a release clause for their youth players that are about £50-£60m+ and that's as an unknown quality.

Chelsea aren't champions league and if the release only applies to CL teams we had the power to demand a high fee from Chelsea, if Kante didn't like it then let him rot away in the reserves because he didn't get his dream move - the club is being bent over backwards and taking it. All we are saying to everyone at the minute is, we are dumb as **** valuing our players so go ahead and rip what we have built apart or saying to the players, don't like the contract we've put on the table... Go ahead and see what else you can get elsewhere.

yes it might have been stupidity or the only way we could get the players to sign those contracts, either way if there is a clause and we have got more money than that clause we have done well in this instance.

pure stupidity to say let them rot in the reserves, where does that get us? he would have signed for arsenal or spurs if chelsea hadnt come in for him, players who dont want to be at the club will play badly and drag others down, there is nothing to say with 32mill we wont find a better player. time to move on. if players dont want to play for the club then they should move on.

yes it might have been stupidity or the only way we could get the players to sign those contracts, either way if there is a clause and we have got more money than that clause we have done well in this instance.

pure stupidity to say let them rot in the reserves, where does that get us? he would have signed for arsenal or spurs if chelsea hadnt come in for him, players who dont want to be at the club will play badly and drag others down, there is nothing to say with 32mill we wont find a better player. time to move on. if players dont want to play for the club then they should move on.

I don't think it would of been the only way to get s player to sign for a club or to renew their contract, it's a good bargaining tool for a player but it's also got to work in both parties favour, £20m isn't working in our favour in the slightest.

He had signed a 4 year contract when he joined, he knew there would of been a few years wasted of his career trying to push a move - Berahinho for example. The club should have had a stronger stance on it and not allow him to move so quickly and so easily, upset Chelsea's plans if they really want him by dragging it out over the summer and hold him to ransom for a higher fee - it's like we've accepted the first offer and thought well take the money and move on. Mr Small Pockets Wenger would of cashed in immediately like he tried with Vardy if he was confident of the deal or this CL Clause applies, I don't think Spurs has the appeal of a big club or 'vision' to become a major force so would of been amazed if he made a sideways step there.

We had potentially to cash in on him and missed the opportunity.

I don't think it would of been the only way to get s player to sign for a club or to renew their contract, it's a good bargaining tool for a player but it's also got to work in both parties favour, £20m isn't working in our favour in the slightest.

He had signed a 4 year contract when he joined, he knew there would of been a few years wasted of his career trying to push a move - Berahinho for example. The club should have had a stronger stance on it and not allow him to move so quickly and so easily, upset Chelsea's plans if they really want him by dragging it out over the summer and hold him to ransom for a higher fee - it's like we've accepted the first offer and thought well take the money and move on. Mr Small Pockets Wenger would of cashed in immediately like he tried with Vardy if he was confident of the deal or this CL Clause applies, I don't think Spurs has the appeal of a big club or 'vision' to become a major force so would of been amazed if he made a sideways step there.

We had potentially to cash in on him and missed the opportunity.

the club know what they are doing, i dont think anyone has the right to question them after what has been achieved. 

agree the clauses seem low but past mistakes, nowt we can do about that, just replace kante and probably mahrez and learn from it. no point crying over players that dont want to play for the club though. screw em (but not ourselves in the process)

the club know what they are doing, i dont think anyone has the right to question them after what has been achieved.

agree the clauses seem low but past mistakes, nowt we can do about that, just replace kante and probably mahrez and learn from it. no point crying over players that dont want to play for the club though. screw em (but not ourselves in the process)

True, the scouting network and team coaches/management have done an incredible job, just don't think we have understood club power and have probably fell victims to our own success.

Leicester: Hi N'Golo, we are offering you 100k grand a week as a thank you for your consistently good performances over the past season. Well done.

Kante: I'm not interested I would like to play for a more prestigious club next season.

Leicester: Tough, you are under contract with us and you will honour that contract with respect. Its entirely your choice whether you want to be on your current 40,000 a week contract or the 100,000 a week contract we are offering you, but you will be a Leicester player next season.

Kante: But...

Leicester: No buts, you can rot in the reserves and ruin your career or honour your contract. One more word and we will cancel our new improved contract offer and send you training with the youth team.

That's how we should handle want away players that are under contract and we want to keep.

Oh yeah right I forgot it was as easy as playing fm13

Ya pri ck

Leicester: Hi N'Golo, we are offering you 100k grand a week as a thank you for your consistently good performances over the past season. Well done.

Kante: I'm not interested I would like to play for a more prestigious club next season.

Leicester: Tough, you are under contract with us and you will honour that contract with respect. Its entirely your choice whether you want to be on your current 40,000 a week contract or the 100,000 a week contract we are offering you, but you will be a Leicester player next season.

Kante: But...

Leicester: No buts, you can rot in the reserves and ruin your career or honour your contract. One more word and we will cancel our new improved contract offer and send you training with the youth team.

That's how we should handle want away players that are under contract and we want to keep.

Spot on make a stand and stop these f**kers dictating what happens,ruin their career by sitting them in the reserves for years.

That's utter tosh. We are champions. That makes us a top 5 club. What will me small time is if the club don't capitalise on our success. Build on what we have achieved and make us an established top 4 club. It's now or likely, never.

We've won the Premier League title for the very first time in its 24-year existence and were the first club outside London or Manchester in 20 years to win it. So much for facts.

Still, we're nowhere near a Top Five club. That'd be wishful thinking. If we managed to establish ourselves at the top for several consecutive seasons, then yes. That'd also help attracting more quality players. But how do we get there? Luck, hard work, a good manager, good players, a bigger stadium, consistency, dedication.

However, in the grand scheme of things, we're still Leicester City, a medium-sized club that has massively punched above its weight during one fantastic and glorious top-flight campaign so far and that has spent most of its existence in the second tier. As of right now, one tendency remains - our best players are highly likely to be bought off us, as in Kanté's case.

Time will tell whether last season was just a one-off or the start to a wonderful new era. Until then, let's wait and see...

Seriously you act and sound like you think you could run the club better than a management team that orchestrated the winning of the league. You and no one on here knows the inner working of negotiations and contracts to say what should have been done and how to do it is just pure fantasy. This is not a PC game.  

We could have rejected Chelsea's offer and made them sweat a bit, even if he had a clause it clearly didn't apply to Chelsea, if he wanted Chelsea that bad we were surely in prime position to hold out. I'd really love to see if £32m is the true figure

You can't have players uninterested player at your club. Simple as.

Yes £32M isn't probably as much as we may value NGolo, but really he has had one good year, and hasn't even played in Europe (still won't...).

If there was a release clause to Champions League teams then there is no point in risking £12M by playing hardball with Chelsea, better to take the cash and look for new improvements to the side.

We've won the Premier League title for the very first time in its 24-year existence and were the first club outside London or Manchester in 20 years to win it. So much for facts.

Still, we're nowhere near a Top Five club. That'd be wishful thinking. If we managed to establish ourselves at the top for several consecutive seasons, then yes. That'd also help attracting more quality players. But how do we get there? Luck, hard work, a good manager, good players, a bigger stadium, consistency, dedication.

However, in the grand scheme of things, we're still Leicester City, a medium-sized club that has massively punched above its weight during one fantastic and glorious top-flight campaign so far and that has spent most of its existence in the second tier. As of right now, one tendency remains - our best players are highly likely to be bought off us, as in Kanté's case.

Time will tell whether last season was just a one-off or the start to a wonderful new era. Until then, let's wait and see...

This sums it all up for me, have a 1+ and a virtual pat on the back

Super post MC....

There is no advantage to the club in agreeing these release clauses... when some guy from a small French club signs do that be can get to the pl surely we are in a strong position to say no to such a clause.

Right now we are champions... and in cl .... we are the most exciting club in uk.

I hope we have learned this lesson. We can't have agents insisting on these clauses so they can move their clients on.

Further... we bought in some new players and some existing players stepped up so we moved to a new level. Kante was part of that.... I could see he was destined for a big club in Europe.... I never thought it would be Chelsea

Allowing Kante to leave before he joined up with the squad was a great idea, why would you want a player around the team that doesn't want to be here, it would be like an infection and before we know it everyone wants to leave.

The squad talk about being close and squad harmony etc. As a manager I would do anything to keep that harmony at the club.

Even if that meant getting rid of NK. Remember no player is bigger than a club.

Southampton get pilfered every year and they seem to do alright, I say take the money and move on.

A world class RB would be the signing for me.

I still don't understand the panic. Everyone was assuming Kante and Mahrez would go since April; especially Kante, who never seemed to be "one of the boys." The club has made quality signings and will probably pick up a few more, especially given the change in the loan rules mean more players at the "big clubs" are going to have to be sold off quick in August.

Maybe the problem is that it's not going to be very appealing to Mahrez to hear that we'll be happy with a 10th place finish next year. And, while I'd put the sudden spate of rumours down to the fact that the Euros are over and clubs are kicking off their business, that doesn't explain why we haven't wrapped up new contracts or why Walsh is suddenly keen to leave. It suggests an element of unrest, or ineptitude.

Yet I wouldn't focus so much on the high profile, less avoidable, out-goings. We knew many of these would happen when players were thrust into the A-list. For me, we must focus on our own business, accelerate those potential deals and stop dragging feet over a million here and there, simply because it's a way of reassuring current and future players, not to mention staff, that we're still intent on going places. Plus we have eight first team regulars aged 29 or above and a small squad. So this could be the difference between top half finishes for the next season or two, cup challenges, possibly a good run in Europe - and having none of that.

I hate slating of staff members like Rudkin, simply because I don't know how he goes about his job, but it's clear that some elements of how we do our business are lacking. It's worth remembering that our title win wasn't a triumph in ambition backed by finance, or necessarily expertise, on the part of the club's owners or admin, but rather because of the staff, regimes, scouting network and squad brought in by Pearson and fostered by Ranieri. Against all odds, those guys did the unthinkable. The men upstairs might have some catching up to do.

Harry Kane and Eriksen are on crap money at The Spuds (compared with other top players)... Why are they targeted by the so called bigger clubs?..

kane has been there a long time so probably does have a big affinity to the club, eriksen i believe wont sign a new contract so will probably leave in the next year or so for about 20mill.

I beginning to wonder if the owners have decided to let players leave because they can't or don't want to pay the massive pay increases needed to keep them.  Vardy, Mahrez and Kante would be on 100k pw from 35/40 this time last year. I'm sure I read somewhere that Schimichel was offered £65k pw, Ziegeller is probably on 30-40.

Could the owners have decided that we're likely to revert to a midtable team and the wages are unsustainable?

Archived