Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
splinterdream

Allowing players to leave......

Think some really need to calm down, go back 12 months and it really didn't look like he wanted to be here and at the end it was staying at Caen which he didn't want to be or come here. However much we love the club they don't nor should they tell us the small print of his or anybodies contracts. We have won the league we have pre season friendlies against Celtic,PSG,Barcelona and Man Utd and champions league football to look forward to, we have strengthened our squad we did win the league and we have offered the guy 10 or 20 X the salary he was on when we plucked him from relative obscurity in France but he doesn't want to stay so lets wish him well and move on. The manager this time last year wanted the guy we have just brought in if we think about it.

Leicester City is the footballing centre of my world and hopefully yours but it doesn't mean to say it is for the players, losing this talented player is a blow but doesn't make me love the club any less but I do feel let down by his lack of commitment and if he really cannot see we are going places and he could have been a major part of it so be it. The manager and the club seem to have tried everything to keep him but sadly he did not want to stay.

Leicester: Hi N'Golo, we are offering you 100k grand a week as a thank you for your consistently good performances over the past season. Well done.

Kante: I'm not interested I would like to play for a more prestigious club next season.

Leicester: Tough, you are under contract with us and you will honour that contract with respect. Its entirely your choice whether you want to be on your current 40,000 a week contract or the 100,000 a week contract we are offering you, but you will be a Leicester player next season.

Kante: But...

Leicester: No buts, you can rot in the reserves and ruin your career or honour your contract. One more word and we will cancel our new improved contract offer and send you training with the youth team.

That's how we should handle want away players that are under contract and we want to keep.

This is so right, it may end in a transfer out anyway but we need to stop lying down to the players and the teams wanting our players. I understand we don't want an unhappy player at the club but if you publicly make statements as Ranieri has done inviting players to think the grass is greener, if you make it a tougher prospect to leave they might think twice. They will still give there all to the side as they are there own shop window.

Why has Payet not left?

no point in keeping players that dont want to play for the club, just creates unhappy dressing rooms and the team suffers on the pitch.

sometimes you just have to get the best price you can and move on.

Can everyone stop talking about loyalty...

It's not the loyalty part I'm bothered about, players move all the time same as club move players on all the time.

I'm pissed off that we have sold him for such a cheap fee, to a league rival and to a team that isn't even competing in the champions league. We're is the ambition he reckons he has got.

Id wish him all the best if we cashed in £50+m to a foreign team who was playing in champions league. This just makes no sense.

Can everyone stop talking about loyalty...

It's not the loyalty part I'm bothered about, players move all the time same as club move players on all the time.

I'm pissed off that we have sold him for such a cheap fee, to a league rival and to a team that isn't even competing in the champions league. We're is the ambition he reckons he has got.

Id wish him all the best if we cashed in £50+m to a foreign team who was playing in champions league. This just makes no sense.

if there was a clause in the contract for CL clubs then we have got a good fee, it could have been to the likes of arsenal for much less, good job he only wanted chelsea.

no point in keeping players that dont want to play for the club, just creates unhappy dressing rooms and the team suffers on the pitch.

sometimes you just have to get the best price you can and move on.

We could have rejected Chelsea's offer and made them sweat a bit, even if he had a clause it clearly didn't apply to Chelsea, if he wanted Chelsea that bad we were surely in prime position to hold out. I'd really love to see if £32m is the true figure

Play hard ball with Mahrez IF there's no release clause....

£70/80m or he stays put!

We can't afford to let another of our big players go this window.

It completely sends out the wrong message to our squad and players we want to buy that we've climbed our Everest and now we're going to bask in it.

We could have rejected Chelsea's offer and made them sweat a bit, even if he had a clause it clearly didn't apply to Chelsea, if he wanted Chelsea that bad we were surely in prime position to hold out. I'd really love to see if £32m is the true figure

no so maybe he would have been forced to sign for arsenal for 20mill, would we feel better or worse?

the club have done the best for the club, they have built a team based around working for each other and all pulling in the same direction, if we have sulking players around the place then it ruins that, wanyama showed last season when he didnt want to be at soton, put in half arsed displays and got himself sent off 3 times, that was a message to the soton board.

team morale is more important than any one player.

I'm not quite sure what people are expecting Claudio to of done.. I mean... Would it really of been wise for team spirit to have a player who clearly didn't want to be here?

Make them stay if we can.

Yes, they'll be arsey about it for a few week but they'll soon get over it and knuckle down.

Maybe do what Ferguson did with Ronaldo and tell him give us one more year and you can go with my blessing.

We don't have to completely handle the player with kid gloves, sometimes you don't always get what you want.

Maybe we did and this has dragged on for a few weeks and we can only speculate on if he did or did not have a release clause. Looking at his joining us he seemed to want anyone but us until we were his only option. Seems the club has been preparing for his departure but would rather have his transfer fee in and his wages off the books than keep a sulking player in the reserves to make a point about contracts. Have always been in the opinion our owners are very big on honour and respect and he does not seem to have shown much of that.

Leicester: Hi N'Golo, we are offering you 100k grand a week as a thank you for your consistently good performances over the past season. Well done.

Kante: I'm not interested I would like to play for a more prestigious club next season.

Leicester: Tough, you are under contract with us and you will honour that contract with respect. Its entirely your choice whether you want to be on your current 40,000 a week contract or the 100,000 a week contract we are offering you, but you will be a Leicester player next season.

Kante: But...

Leicester: No buts, you can rot in the reserves and ruin your career or honour your contract. One more word and we will cancel our new improved contract offer and send you training with the youth team.

That's how we should handle want away players that are under contract and we want to keep.

Hold on, where is it being reported that there was no Kante release clause?

If we've let him go without one that's a disgrace.

no so maybe he would have been forced to sign for arsenal for 20mill, would we feel better or worse?

the club have done the best for the club, they have built a team based around working for each other and all pulling in the same direction, if we have sulking players around the place then it ruins that, wanyama showed last season when he didnt want to be at soton, put in half arsed displays and got himself sent off 3 times, that was a message to the soton board.

team morale is more important than any one player.

It's a battle of the mind, he didn't want to sign for Arsenal, he wanted Chelsea, did Arsenal make. £20m bid? I've seen someone saying there wasn't even a release fee attached, or that the fee just relates to being able to talk to the player.

I've read the Guardian article and it seems it's the owners policy, well I hope it doesn't come back to haunt us because imo if you see these departures you're more likely to look at your own position, it doesn't help.

You tend not to keep unhappy players but to start with you make a strong stand to them leaving and for prices that are anything other than astronomical. That's the way it goes and then you get interested parties who offer less than their worth and it's a game of brinkmanship, but you dig your heels in and get a big fee or they stay in the short term. We do seem to be a little small time in this respect.

We can't just let everyone who might want to leave just go out of the door. We need to convince we have a bright future and be tough with agents and the like.

its probably just 2, mahrez and kante, the others that leave will probably because we dont want them.

players have the power, spurs couldnt make bale stay. thats football.

Hold on, where is it being reported that there was no Kante release clause?

If we've let him go without one that's a disgrace.

Right I'm getting fed up of repeating myself over and over again with regards to release clauses. They can be rejected, Liverpool did so with Suarez and no action was taken against them. If the player doesn't like it then its tough, we do have a reserve squad fit for someone who would like to destroy their own career. If the release clause in certain players contracts doesn't match our valuation then we should reject and play hardball, its real life not football manager.

Also... I have a feeling that many have judged Rudkin harshly...

It was clearly a massive sales pitch to get some of our players to sign in the first place... The fact is that we've landed a lot of the talent that we've gone for.... As much as I love my home town Leicester is not an easy sell

Archived