Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxFromCoalville

Loyalty Points

1 hour ago, Burmesefox said:

Have the priority bands changed for all matches - just noticed that they seem to have increased it even further? Seem to have added in 205 points 

It appears so. I probably lose out a little but can't complain - those that have gone the most get the priority. 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Makes me smile people complaining about the priority adding in 205 points. It doesn't really change much, look at Sunderland tickets....

Sunderland is different to Bournemouth or Stoke though.

However, in principle this is not a bad move, even though I am now on P5 by one point after working my way to P3. Having said that, I think it is much better to have more priority bands and change these bands after 1/2 days. Sunderland dragged, there was 5 days between 170 and 160

On 18 November 2016 at 12:14, Burmesefox said:

Have the priority bands changed for all matches - just noticed that they seem to have increased it even further? Seem to have added in 205 points 

No, it's a one off just for these two games as they're released on the same day being so close to each other on match days.

Reason being is the away allocation for Bournemouth is small so they've increased the priority brackets to give those in P1 who do every game chance to get tickets before those who have just scraped into the top bracket do.

Rather like for Europe they had a 200 point bracket because there was no 'away scheme' set up for it, this allowed all those on the scheme to buy tickets before those in 190+.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Two questions ....

has anyone had a point for Porto yet?

did people really get a point for the Community Shield?

Mate you'll be waiting at least a week for your porto point based on the last 2 trips.

Yes wembley points should all have gone on weeks ago, my missus has a lonely one point on her silver membership lol 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, LCFC FOX said:

As of next season it looks like you're going to get more points depending on the game.

for example 

Bunley away Tuesday night - 3 points

West Brom away Saturday 3pm - 1 point

Being discussed yes, club likely to now ask for further feedback on idea.

I've already put it to them, that, why would I then spend 90 quid going to 3, when i can do 1 at 30 and still get them same points, and I could boost my lad up the ladder by doing 5 night games in a season worth 15 points potentially over the other 14 weekend games for example at and end up with more points.

I understand the reasoning behind it, but they are just gonna create a huge pool of people in the same points, which creates a free for all and website crashes galore lol , or they go down the route of Man Utd and having to have random ballots.

Which I'm sure some will love, but the system was meant to reward loyalty over a number of years, I accept the current format, benefits those a bit older, as the younger generation can't get on the ladder, but if they are wanting to, then they have to do, swansea, burnley, etc, My personal situation is I did a lot of aways under o'neill and earned my points then, and have done the likes of Carlise, Plymouth on a Tuesday, Swindon etc, to keep it going, I get that the fact I was of an age to do them, back in the day helps.

But now why is Burnley Away worth more than, driving to devon for a game that never finished on a tuesday and going back to see the re-arranged fixture.

I guess the end outcome is, whatever the system, they can't please 20k plus all the time, what they have in place, rewards people who were going long before me, and punishes people who for what ever reason, stopped going during the barren times.

The youngsters are the ones I feel for in a way, but like I say, I am taking my boy to places like sunderland, 3 hours each way in the car, to help him get points, for a 5 year old with just his dad for company, that's a long slog lol  I'd take him swansea as well if it wasn't for the late KO time meaning a late night when he has school the next morning.

A ballot would be totally unfair. There is plenty of chance for so many people to have more points. It was only about 5 aways games (towards the end last season) that didnt get down to 150 points sometimes even below.

This season nearly every game has made it a long long way down the ladder. The only issue in my opinion is the referencing sharing. Stop that and its an absolutely fine system. How you stop it is up for debate. But having all tickets posted to the person who has the address is a start and also if buying at the ground then show ID when buying them.

1 minute ago, 4ever and ever said:

A ballot would be totally unfair. There is plenty of chance for so many people to have more points. It was only about 5 aways games (towards the end last season) that didnt get down to 150 points sometimes even below.

This season nearly every game has made it a long long way down the ladder. The only issue in my opinion is the referencing sharing. Stop that and its an absolutely fine system. How you stop it is up for debate. But having all tickets posted to the person who has the address is a start and also if buying at the ground then show ID when buying them.

i agree, there has been plenty of chance to earn points this season.

The issue of ref sharing has also been discussed, but the only way to ensure it isn't happening is the way they have done it in europe, although I guess travelling to Brum to collect a ticket is a little different to copenhagen. I don't think your solutions solve anything, walk into ticket office, buy ticket with ID, walk out sell it. that's happening now.

I think it's noticeable this season it's going on less, with how far down it has got in most games, as people don't want to buy and be stuck with them.

Agree with post above, a ballot would be even worse, it would be even less obvious than now how many the club keep for themselves.

Just now, Bayfox said:

i agree, there has been plenty of chance to earn points this season.

The issue of ref sharing has also been discussed, but the only way to ensure it isn't happening is the way they have done it in europe, although I guess travelling to Brum to collect a ticket is a little different to copenhagen. I don't think your solutions solve anything, walk into ticket office, buy ticket with ID, walk out sell it. that's happening now.

I think it's noticeable this season it's going on less, with how far down it has got in most games, as people don't want to buy and be stuck with them.

Agree with post above, a ballot would be even worse, it would be even less obvious than now how many the club keep for themselves.

I agree my points are not fool proof whatsoever but any small amount of friction could stop a certain % who just give out their number allow people to buy with it for every game. 

The only true way to stop is for either the collection at ground before the game (nobody wants to do), ID on ticket (this requires stewards at away ends checking which is never going to happen, why would they care) or the one that will be most helpful is that people stop buying off people that are sharing references. Hopefully with people seeing demand is lower this season will help things.

The ticket office do not help themselves at all either, a scenario I had this season was for Manchester United away, my dad a week before the game had to go abroad for work and therefore couldn't make the game. I went to the club to return the ticket and then buy one for my son. "Sorry you cant do that". I then asked if I could just return it "Sorry you are passed the date allowed to return". So I asked what do you suggest I do, their response was either have your son sit in it for full price (my dad still gets his point) or implied I could just sell it on myself. Its just ridiculous the processes in place in the ticket office and how it is run.

1 minute ago, 4ever and ever said:

I agree my points are not fool proof whatsoever but any small amount of friction could stop a certain % who just give out their number allow people to buy with it for every game. 

The only true way to stop is for either the collection at ground before the game (nobody wants to do), ID on ticket (this requires stewards at away ends checking which is never going to happen, why would they care) or the one that will be most helpful is that people stop buying off people that are sharing references. Hopefully with people seeing demand is lower this season will help things.

The ticket office do not help themselves at all either, a scenario I had this season was for Manchester United away, my dad a week before the game had to go abroad for work and therefore couldn't make the game. I went to the club to return the ticket and then buy one for my son. "Sorry you cant do that". I then asked if I could just return it "Sorry you are passed the date allowed to return". So I asked what do you suggest I do, their response was either have your son sit in it for full price (my dad still gets his point) or implied I could just sell it on myself. Its just ridiculous the processes in place in the ticket office and how it is run.

Agree with all of it, I can't see the collection thing catching on, I think we may end up with half empty away ends around the country if we take that route, Man Utd are doing it for our game here I see, collect from tigers ground, what a ballache and expense, ID on way in is never gonna be an option either as it takes long enough to get in some places anyway, Watford this year was shocking.

As for the ticket office, yes the rules are silly, we are on the away scheme, we missed the opt out date and when we went to return we got told no, same as you, and I wanted to buy a ticket for my lad, so I could sit with him and earn him a point.

Also, they state you can't downgrade, but they happily take full whack on a kids, my mate used my 4 year old boys to buy a student last year!!!

4 hours ago, 4ever and ever said:

The latter paragraph is one of the major downfalls of the system. 

The bottom line is away tickets lose the club money (lots of admin and time to no profit) and therefore they have zero time for sorting it out.

Add to that they know the most loyal fans are repeat custom, so there's no need for customer care.

They abuse the demand for Sevilla away by announcing the prices on less than 24 hours notice. There's not many businesses what could get away with that in different industries.

The nearest thing they could do with the ID thing is an away membership system. The name gets written on the ticket and you must carry your card with you matching it. Leeds have it.  

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The latter paragraph is one of the major downfalls of the system. 

The bottom line is away tickets lose the club money (lots of admin and time to no profit) and therefore they have zero time for sorting it out.

Add to that they know the most loyal fans are repeat custom, so there's no need for customer care.

They abuse the demand for Sevilla away by announcing the prices on less than 24 hours notice. There's not many businesses what could get away with that in different industries.

The nearest thing they could do with the ID thing is an away membership system. The name gets written on the ticket and you must carry your card with you matching it. Leeds have it.  

Sevilla away is the worst example ever. 

No concessions so if it makes my kids that 153 quid for 3 tickets. 

And I thought it was the premier league that was monster.

8 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

As of next season it looks like you're going to get more points depending on the game.

for example 

Bunley away Tuesday night - 3 points

West Brom away Saturday 3pm - 1 point

If that comes in all you do is get people buying midweek tickets with no intention of going.

16 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

If that comes in all you do is get people buying midweek tickets with no intention of going.

This season though we have had two away midweek games, Bournemouth and Burnley, so it's not going to make that much difference is it?

ok you get 6 points to the normal 2 but I can't see it doing much to the points.

Top flight you get very few mid weeks unless cup games shift weekend fixtures.

They tried this more points for different aways the first season after it went from those cards that you got signed, you got 10 points for a normal away and 15 points for a midweek away, the system obviously didn't do well as it was a one season thing. You used to get a little football next to your points on your account.

Archived